Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Coruscant only lag spikes

Amikae
12.20.2018 , 01:39 PM | #1
So I don't know what's wrong exactly, but Coruscant is really unpleasant to play right now. There is massive input lag and spikes, and it doesn't really indicate it in the latency counter. Latency stays the same, but there's often over 1 second input lag from pressing a button to the character executing it.

This is happening exclusively on Coruscant, haven't tested Dromund Kaas. As soon as I leave to another world gameplay returns to butter smooth. Tested before and after the patch, not fixed. I had hoped it would be...

It's not just me too. Any time I ask in general chat people are reporting the same issues. No indication of high ping, but massive input lags.

Safe to say with Jedi Under Siege and the supposed wave of newcomers, it's not going to be the most pleasant new player experience, as Coruscant is the second world these players visit. I had to rush it through as the gameplay was unbearable, now I'm back for some vendors and it's still the same.

OwenBrooks
12.20.2018 , 08:21 PM | #2
Which server ?

Amikae
12.21.2018 , 04:18 AM | #3
EU - Darth Malgus. Since I was on a big break before the new patch and never had this happen before, some people in chat told me it's been like this since Jedi Under Siege launched.

SpiderLogan
01.20.2019 , 01:47 PM | #4
It's a problem on Star Forge, too. I made a new trooper, but the lag spikes have been making it a slog to get through the latter half of the prologue. I really hope it gets fixed soon.

Vaayne_S
01.21.2019 , 01:14 PM | #5
i can confirm that this is a problem on star forge and its been this way since i came back a week ago

bahudson
01.21.2019 , 02:17 PM | #6
It's an instance bug. You have to switch instances or it becomes unbearable.