Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Inactivity - Leading to deaths

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Companion Inactivity - Leading to deaths

Tristnal
01.17.2019 , 06:58 AM | #1
Prior to this weeks patch, I had returned to the gave for a little under a month, in that time, I had only had a handful of issues with companions, and only died I believe twice due to the bug where your companion will either not follow you, or not have any interaction at all, which is deadly if you have your companion set to heal.

Fast forward to this week post-patch day, and I've died well over 12 times just doing heroics because all of the three current companions I have will randomly stop moving and casting anything at all. They won't respond to any skill uses, toggles between passive and active and the only ways I've found to get them working again is by dying, thereby forcing a respawn for them, or by dismissing them and summoning them again.

There are bugs that have been in the game for years, like the mouse sensitivity issue, which is astounding it's never been fixed, but this makes the game much much more difficult, and not in a fun challenging way. Hopefully it gets fixed, and soon.

Airen_Fett
01.17.2019 , 08:33 PM | #2
You know I keep seeing people on SS complaining about this, but no one seems to have actually submitted a bug report. Not that it would make a difference...

Limariko
01.18.2019 , 07:58 AM | #3
From what I've seen so far on the bug with my roster, if they don't readily follow you into the next room or corridor, there's a strong chance they're bugged. Dismissing/Resummoning so far's worked for me in getting them unstuck.
My Referral link for the clicking: http://www.swtor.com/r/p2FZFM

You get stuff, I get stuff. It's a fair deal- Take It!

ceryxp
01.18.2019 , 11:04 AM | #4
In my testing this is an issue that primarily affects ranged comps; there are other pathing issues, such as points where all comps get stuck (such as that last down ramp before the boss in Aurora Cannon), and an ongoing issue where comps won't move to gather a resource even if they are in range. I tested combat with multiple melee and ranged comps and discovered that no matter what mode my melee comp was in, whether DPS, tank, or heal, they would close and attack the target as long as I could target it. I stood 73.5m away (about as far away as I could be before the target de-selected) and all melee comps tested would attack on command. My ranged comps would do nothing, regardless of mode but with a little variance in the cutoff point, if they were more than 30m away from the target. Some range comps would still close and attack over 30m, but usually not more than ~32m. More than 32m and every ranged comp I tested would not close and attack. I only tested this with a few comps, so this testing is hardly comprehensive, and note that the distance that matters is the comp to the target, not you to the target (unless you are the target in the case of heal mode).
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

IoNonSoEVero
01.21.2019 , 08:44 PM | #5
I've run into this numerous times now. I'm finding it more with ranged companions but it has also affected some of my melee companions, who stop following, healing or fighting.

I'd also like to add that this seems to be affecting the secondary companions (ie, those times when you have more than one companion following along with you). Going through KOTET chapter 9 today, Theron unceremoniously died in the middle of the Alliance base, even though my toon and Lana were doing just fine. Since he was the secondary companion he could not be revived or re-summoned, either, so I ended up doing the Vaylin fight with only Lana for support. It was fine, it just took longer, but it was annoying.