Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Midnight in Europe - signing off for today. Including the 3 patch hours starting midday to afternoon and now a whole evening offline it is nearly a complete day of subscription lost.

So, not directly picking on you kinda thing you're just the last person who talked about missing out on games and it reminded me of old times. Anyone else remember having to wait 12+ hours for people to patch/update/fix text-based MMOs? Please say I'm not the only one.

It is amazing how many people are asking for them to change even more things.....

They tried to fix 2 things and brought the servers down for 12+ hours? Imagine how long it would be if they actually introduced new features...

If I go by the previous track record, I'm sure there will be new features introduced. I'm not sure they will be intended.

Games, no. Complicated applications with huge backend databases, yes. Testing and rollout procedures are pretty much standard regardless of what you deploy, and for some of us, things like that are our daytime job, like it or not That's why we will have some level of patience because we know things can go sideways, but get pretty pissed off at BS explanations.

Well said. And the sad part is, if we are compensated for this inconvenience it will be with more XP points. A few cartel coins would be nice since I'm not going to ever be making any micro transactions anyway. The last thing I coded was a simple web app with a python/php backend, and I screwed the code up pretty bad at one point with a few find+replace alls meant to create a single class for some repeptitive functions in the code. Took a few hours to get everything right again. But that was a freelance job, just me working on it, and I make sure all my code is fine before making it live. If I inconvenienced someone I would give the some kind of compensation. Actions speek louder than words. XP costs BW nothing to give. Cartel coins would show true empathy for the player base :) And XP is way too fast as is. I would have to make alts of the same classes just to catch up on the story I missed from being overlevelled for sidequests. But regardless, gl BW team, hopefully this hotfix rolls out smooth, May the Schwartz be with you.

Midnight in Europe - signing off for today. Including the 3 patch hours starting midday to afternoon and now a whole evening offline it is nearly a complete day of subscription lost.

Works out at £0.27 pence (if you sub 90 days like I do). So for the loss of a whole 27 pence we really don't deserve /aren't entitled to shyte. But our first world problems aside, I believe I requested 10 dancing male Twi'leks and a hot-tub spa! My exclusive ladies stronghold nightclub always needs more :D

I'm certain it's been mentioned before, but here goes:

• Don't patch the live servers without sufficient testing. If this means bringing up the PTS, then do it.
  • If you do decide to patch the live servers without sufficient testing, could you maybe have a copy of the live server prior to breaking patch (5.4) ready to play on while fixing the issues?
  • I feel like Eric needs a drink. Can we get a drink fund started for him? :p

The poor guy definitely deserves a drink or two! As well as everyone else in this thread haha. I imagine many of us will have a drink by the end of the day.

Yill,

I'm a big fan of you and your enthusiasm and ability to keep things as light-hearted as possible. Here, however, I disagree. Here's why: I actually, happened to see Eric's post about the free goodies pretty quickly after he posted. That, however, was by circumstance. I gathered pretty quickly that the bugs were severe enough that there would be a long down time. As such, I went about my doing other things (FYI: my partner joked that the bathroom has never been cleaner! :D).

In this case, the "rain" Eric spoke of rewarded only those stuck to their screens, which is somewhat bizarre, particularly given his warning that it would take while. My issue is not the ' do nice things part' but the way they chose who received such things.

After all, while I can understand them not handing out 450 cc to everyone, the pet part is hard to understand -- particularly since no pet can ever be better than my LIZARD MONKEY! :rak_03:

Dasty

Oh my gosh I never knew I had a fan! #celebrity #famous #famewenttomyhead

No, but I get what you mean, it might have been too harsh of me to say that it sickens me, but it's more that I sometimes think people hate on the Devs just for the sake of hating on the Devs, but I see this is a different case and in a way the anger is understandable. If the codes were not 1 person only, then I am certain the response would have been a more positive one. But in this case only the people that pressed the refresh button like a hamster on a wheel after redbull with coffee got the codes and the rest didn't.

Edited by Ylliarus

No but it sickens me a bit, the guy tries to show us goodwill and gives us free stuff, I repeat, he gives us free stuf... and you people all react negatively on it? I'm sorry to say but it does sound a tad spoiled... were you expecting a hypercrate for everyone?

What free stuff? I didn't get anything. 25 people got something. Assuming of course that it wasn't snatched up by a bot that is.

The poor guy definitely deserves a drink or two! As well as everyone else in this thread haha. I imagine many of us will have a drink by the end of the day.

I had a drink or 15 over the last few hours. I do enjoy my scotch.

My ETTFD is growing shorter by the second.

Works out at £0.27 pence (if you sub 90 days like I do). So for the loss of a whole 27 pence we really don't deserve /aren't entitled to shyte. But our first world problems aside, I believe I requested 10 dancing male Twi'leks and a hot-tub spa! My exclusive ladies stronghold nightclub always needs more :D

No...No...we want decos of all the male dancers of various species in the Rishi cantina and all the male dancers from the nightlife event. Particularly the human one with no shirt on and wearing a derby ;p

Would you mind giving an honest answer to a question? Do you guys test the patches before releasing them?

So you mean you're taking this stance on asking about the patches;

maybe this video will help lighten the mood it is from 5 years ago and features glitches from swtor giggles

An old glitch on Treek;

Hope the new patch works... but... Why tease us with the pet codes?

The taun fawn!

I want the cute blue-eyed dalmation spotted taun taun, too! Who wouldn't?

This community wide update event needs this pet available for everyone. Not for just a fast few! :mad:

Where's the rain? Let it rain pet taun fawns!

* Just give us all account-wide Taun Fawns & extra Cartel Coins & another day of C/XP event.

* Be fair. (We pay you.)

Still waiting for game...