Jedi, Imperial Aligned [Spoilers Ahead]

StarkHelsing

So, I'm putting through a Jedi Sentinel, Lightsided to a point but has his moments - I guess you could say he'd be morally grey, but whatever. Regardless. What are peoples thoughts about a Jedi Knight, siding with the Imperials when it comes to Iokath? And of course making Zakuul bend knee?

I was planning on doing this as I have it down in my head that the republic my knight once knew and respected has gone to hell and diplomacy sure as heck doesn't work. Of course, being with Scourge, being under the Vitiate's control and also having old man Valk complaining in his ear has also had an effect on his outlook of the galaxy.

I don't know, does this sound like it makes sense? Has anyone made a knight with similar backgrounds, where they've lost faith in diplomacy and feel the only way they keep the peace is if they're the driving force, the epicentre of it all? Perhaps, they feel that they're no longer a Jedi. There new founded teachings make it impossible to continue the way they are serving the Jedi order.

My main issue is that it seems to force a 'bad guy' narrative on my character. He wants to rule, but he doesn't want to rule for his own selfing gain of power or richness, but I guess to force peace upon a galaxy that has been ravaged for so long.

I guess being abandoned by the republic didn't help, and the Empire offering an olive branch was certainly inspiring.

Hmm, does a neutral 'fair' 'well-balanced' Imperial 'Jedi' make sense? Or is it just a product of bad storytelling. Honestly, wish there was a way you could just tell people not to call you a Jedi anymore.

P.S Would love if a mod could bump this into the spoiler section! I was an idiot and somehow missed it!

Edited by StarkHelsing

Anything bad the Republic has done, the Empire has still done much worse. Acina is still a Sith. She still enjoys killing people. The Empire still wants to conquer others and is still built on slave labor. And it is still controlled by a backstabbing ruling class of Force users with absolute power.

I suppose if a Jedi decided that democracy had failed the galaxy and that peace could only be achieved through strength and power, or that the oppression of the Sith was a price worth paying to achieve order, then it might make sense.

I personally have a hard time picturing how a non Darkside Imperial Jedi makes sense, but it's your character. I guess you could decide for them to view the Empire however you want. I suppose you could also just decide to trust Lana's judgment over your former comrades.

And as I recall there is a dialogue option later in the game for Outlanders who take the Throne that says "I only can bring peace." I've never clicked on it, though.

Edited by OldVengeance

I thought about doing this too but when the time came it's still the *Sith* Empire. Sure Acina was "the enemy of my enemy" for a while, but she's Sith. Lana the same, she's long been the enemy of my enemy but I'll drop her the second I see Sith stuff coming back (i.e. the writers let me) and we don't share a common enemy.

Corruption happens but it's no reason to abandon principles. I just head cannon I'll work harder to weed out corruption when I can.

Mhm, it's hard to see it. He's not evil, but he has no faith in letting a corrupt government rule, it doesn't work. In regards to Malcolm, he was in control of the Republic and I liked him a lot less than I did Acina. Does he trust Acina? No, It would be foolish for him to fully trust the Empress, but he knows what's he getting into.

Does he trust Malcolm? Once upon a time he did, just like he used to trust Saresh, and that turned out to be a big 'nope'. But at the same time he doesn't want the Republic to be destroyed and even if it wasn't, he still has to deal with a government that is corrupt, weak, can be swayed at the tip of a hat with money etc. He doesn't want the Republic to be wiped out and people slain, he wants to bring it under his control. And secretly, he wants to bring the Empire under his control as well. He wants it all. A golden age of peace. It's a long shot, it's ambitious, and in that thought process it can be seen as 'dark sided'.

Besides, removing Acina from power seems like a terrible idea. A power vacuum, them going back to their old ways and the likes. He wants to keep people who can be 'useful' to him close and don't completely repulse him with their ways. It's one reason why he'll be keeping Torian alive, in hopes of the guy becoming the new Mandalore.

The Empire respects power, and that's it. And he shows that in abundance. But of course, he'll make it painfully clear that if the Empire infringes on his territory again he'll retaliate. He won't let his 'Empire' come to ruin and will do his best to protect the people underneath him.

The Empire has done terrible things, but he's also seen the republic also do terrible things. The issue at hand is that one government turned to the worse, while the Empire itself seems to be going towards improvement and unity, evolution, while the Republic just refuses to change. I remember doing those whole black and white choices, where something that was logical and just was seen as dark sided.

I personally can't help but wonder if the need to expand and enslave with the empire, would die out if they gained help from the Eternal Empire with the use of droids.

In the end, I think my Jedi has long since thrown away the shackles of being a Jedi and Republic bound. The Jedi code doesn't work for him anymore. The Sith code makes more sense to him. Especially after the whole scenario with Marr and Satele.

If you have to be the Master and controller of the force and only your will matters. Then it makes sense to him, to make himself the centre of everything. Right down to the politics, but at least he'd be smart enough to have advisors etc, so he's kept in line. -Cough- To a point.

Deep down there's something to grasp about all this. If Valkorian wasn't evil and didn't do all the crap he did. He would have been the perfect leader. His Empire was a near utopia, but it needed improvement, the slum areas etc.

It's kind of revolutionary and rather sad for my character to admit that he wishes to rule like Valkorian did, but be the better man. After all, no one wants to relate themselves to Valkorian unless you're full dark side.

I guess for him, it's less, I want to rule, more... I want to lead, build and unify. The light side choice doesn't seem right in the want to do just that.

The only character I'll feel fine joining the Republic will be my dark V, nihilistic agent motivated by bringing chaos, casual sex and casual violence (mostly in this order - he'll leg someone go if he believes that person will do harm to the galaxy; he'll seduce someone over killing if that's possible and kill in any other situation). He deeply hates both factions and doesn't care much about the Alliance but he'll enjoy seeing crumbling democracy from the inside and breaking truce with Acina is a cherry on top of it.

After first and second chapter of KotET I'd find it hard to go with the Republic on any pragmatic or lightsider.

The Empire has done terrible things, but he's also seen the republic also do terrible things. The issue at hand is that one government turned to the worse, while the Empire itself seems to be going towards improvement and unity, evolution, while the Republic just refuses to change. I remember doing those whole black and white choices, where something that was logical and just was seen as dark sided.

I personally can't help but wonder if the need to expand and enslave with the empire, would die out if they gained help from the Eternal Empire with the use of droids.

Well, as I said, that doesn't really make to me. The newly "reformed" Empire is still much worse than the now corrupt Republic (plus Saresh is dead now), but if your Jedi thinks otherwise for some reason or other then they should pick the Empire.

I personally doubt the Empire would give up expanding and slavery with help from the Eternal Empire. They already know how to make servant droids. Conquering and dominating others is part of the Sith's culture.

The rest of what you describes sort of sounds like your character is a Dark Jedi, so it doesn't sound too far fetched for the to want to join the Empire. If they are already Emperor, then I guess it would boil down to which side's version of order you'd want him to endorse.

Edited by OldVengeance

Yeah, I wanted him to be morally good, but in the end. It does seem like my character will have to 'fall' which sort of makes sense with the route I'm going to take.

He may be fallen, but I certainly wouldn't class him as being on the Sith level of 'Dark Side'. No killing people for fun, no random chaos and destruction. Just wanting stability, and if that means he has to dominate the galaxy for it to become stable. Then... so be it.

Good thing the 'Fallen Knight' title, exists.

Valkorians character was *Intended to actually be somewhat likeable. That voice, well spoken, dignified and wise I actually enjoyed the cut scenes with him. But....That's part of the Lure also. Its been said in the class stories the "Emperor" has elevated beyond the Light and Dark side (I actually think that's *B.S. really). Firstly there is the Sith and Empire we all know how those are and Now Zakuul also at "First Glance" a seemingly Idealistic culture. However looking past all that we find virtually "Rome" of 100 a.d. Slaves, gladiators, greed, gluttony, elitism and corruption. The Sith, Empire and most at Zakuul are only where they're at because so many are below (and The Zakuul elite are totally ignorant and unable of everything outside of their posh existence. The Republic is corrupt for now but they know it and try to change. The others also know it but they revel in theirs while thousands, millions suffer to provide that.

Oh yeah. He had that lure about him, but I knew something was wrong. Zakuul is a utopia but they've traded in hardship and struggle for enlightenment and scientific pursuit. The issue is there's just too much of a good thing, and the people of Zakuul are simply bloated on it. My Jedi and Sith both understand this, when they take over they'll be still allowing this utopia but also making them able to at least defend themselves, to think for themselves, to not have to go downtown to some shady bar to get the conflict they desire.

I'm playing through as my Knight right now, I've had plenty before but they were always somewhat dogmatic Jedi. All of them would side with the Jedi and the Republic. This is the only one who would stray from this. Though my headcanon makes it sort of more obvious just why he doesn't care much for the ways of the Jedi or the Republic. Being raised on Ord Mantell and only becoming a Jedi due to being caught doing something nefarious towards republic troops is obviously going to leave a mark. He was disillusioned with the Republic at the start - being raised with separatist propaganda would do that. But he at least wants to help people and he's good at what he does, fighting.

As the story progresses, I've seen the republic do things that are out of character to what he wants to believe. The corruption is deep, even before Saresh sank her Lekku's into the Senate. They treat their soldiers like crap, they treat their people like crap. The god's sake, Coruscant has its own bloody slum, a hub for violence and crime. It's one step away from being Nar Shaddaa. Taris was a huge warning flag on how the Republic works, Belsavis is another.

My poor Rosenvik is just becoming more and more disillusioned. Can he be blamed for that? Of course, the Empire has slavery, xenophobia etc. He doesn't trust them either. If the game didn't force you to pick one, he wouldn't have gone with either. He doesn't agree with either of them. But at least the Empire did something to help his people and extended an olive branch. Which was strange in itself. The Empress working with a once Jedi? That's quite a step.

Regardless, this just gives me so much to think on. But with what the story gives me, I can probably have it where his 'fall' is simply more than likely to happen. He's been through the darkest of scenarios and seen the worst of both sides.

I have a hard time siding with the Republic with any of my toons simply because I find Malcom very off-putting. Not to mention the crap that happened with Saresh. It almost seems like they are trying to turn the Republic into the bad guys.

This. I have to force myself to side with the republic. They were zero help in fighting Arcann/Vaylyn. Only the empire showed up on Voss to help and become an ally. This is disturbing to me because when I started playing years ago I only played republic thinking empire is bad. Having played through all the stories multiple times, I think the empire seems a lot more appealing than the republic.

This. I have to force myself to side with the republic. They were zero help in fighting Arcann/Vaylyn. Only the empire showed up on Voss to help and become an ally. This is disturbing to me because when I started playing years ago I only played republic thinking empire is bad. Having played through all the stories multiple times, I think the empire seems a lot more appealing than the republic.

I really have no idea how anyone could come to this conclusion. The fact that the Empire are the bad guys is not supposed to be subtle.

The Republic is a democracy that all species in the galaxy can join. The Empire is racist absolute monarchy built on slave labor and conquest. It is also ruled exclusively by a violent treacherous class of force users that have absolute power over the lower classes.

The Jedi Knight story is about saving all life in the galaxy from the Sith Emperor. The Consular, Trooper, and Smuggler storylines are essentially all about saving the Republic from a Sith Empire's attempt to conquer or destroy it.

The Warrior, and Inquisitor stories are about overcoming the brutal backstabbing politics of the Sith in order to gain power and revenge. The Bounty Hunter story is essentially about committing crimes for personal glory. The first half of Imperial Agent story is about one of the leaders of the Empire enacting a conspiracy to kill hundreds of thousands of his own people in order to rise above his peers in the Dark Council and "plant terror and hatred in every heart."

The fact that the Sith helped against Vaylin's evil empire does not mean they themselves were not also an evil empire. They're former conquerors that were tired of being dominated by a stronger empire.

Even the planetary quests make this clear.

Dromund Kaas features a Sith Lord in open rebellion, a slave rebellion being put down by a sadistic Sith Lord (the LS option is to poison slaves to death and the DS option is to poison slaves to death in horrible agony), and a group of Sith acolytes legally murdering civilians people for fun. And the Sith Acolytes could get away with that as long as they don't attack other Sith.

Coruscant's quests usually involve stopping criminals and repairing the damage the Empire caused.

Imperial Balmorra is a story about crushing freedom fighters trying to free their world from tyranny.

Republic Balmorra is a story about helping those freedom fighters liberate their world from oppression.

Republic Taris is about trying to resettle a devastated world and make it habitable again.

Imperial Taris is about trying to murder colonists, so that a world that was obliterated by the Sith can never be settled by the Republic again.

Imperial Nar Shadda features a story about crushing the leader of alien refugees that fled have fled persecution at the Empire's hands.

Republic Nar Shadda features a story about stopping the genocide of the Evocii who were being murdered in the Empire's extermination factories.

Imperial Corellia is about brutally subjugating the people of Corellia.

Republic Coreliia is about ending the brutal subjugation of the people of Corellia.

Even in the places where the Republic is doing bad things, such as Belsavis, the Empire is usually doing something worse.

Edited by OldVengeance

I really have no idea how anyone could come to this conclusion. The fact that the Empire are the bad guys is not supposed to be subtle.

The Republic is a democracy that all species in the galaxy can join. The Empire is racist absolute monarchy built on slave labor and conquest. It is also ruled exclusively by a violent treacherous class of force users that have absolute power over the lower classes.

The Jedi Knight story is about saving all life in the galaxy from the Sith Emperor. The Consular, Trooper, and Smuggler storylines are essentially all about saving the Republic from a Sith Empire's attempt to conquer or destroy it.

The Warrior, and Inquisitor stories are about overcoming the brutal backstabbing politics of the Sith in order to gain power and revenge. The Bounty Hunter story is essentially about committing crimes for personal glory. The first half of Imperial Agent story is about one of the leaders of the Empire enacting a conspiracy to kill hundreds of thousands of his own people in order to rise above his peers in the Dark Council and "plant terror and hatred in every heart."

The fact that the Sith helped against Vaylin's evil empire does not mean they themselves were not also an evil empire. They're former conquerors that were tired of being dominated by a stronger empire.

Even the planetary quests make this clear.

Dromund Kaas features a Sith Lord in open rebellion, a slave rebellion being put down by a sadistic Sith Lord (the LS option is to poison slaves to death and the DS option is to poison slaves to death in horrible agony), and a group of Sith acolytes legally murdering civilians people for fun. And the Sith Acolytes could get away with that as long as they don't attack other Sith.

Coruscant's quests usually involve stopping criminals and repairing the damage the Empire caused.

Imperial Balmorra is a story about crushing freedom fighters trying to free their world from tyranny.

Republic Balmorra is a story about helping those freedom fighters liberate their world from oppression.

Republic Taris is about trying to resettle a devastated world and make it habitable again.

Imperial Taris is about trying to murder colonists, so that a world that was obliterated by the Sith can never be settled by the Republic again.

Imperial Nar Shadda features a story about crushing the leader of alien refugees that fled have fled persecution at the Empire's hands.

Republic Nar Shadda features a story about stopping the genocide of the Evocii who were being murdered in the Empire's extermination factories.

Imperial Corellia is about brutally subjugating the people of Corellia.

Republic Coreliia is about ending the brutal subjugation of the people of Corellia.

Even in the places where the Republic is doing bad things, such as Belsavis, the Empire is usually doing something worse.

The storylines for each class are exactly what you make them. You can be a completely brutal, jerk of a soldier or a totally light side Sith. Which is actually a really nice part about this game. As for the planetary stories, the same applies. The Sith on Dromand Kass is going to kill those people anyway, regardless if you help him or not. He wants to watch them suffer, you can choose to end it quickly. Either way, they would have been killed, you just get to choose how much pain they'll have to be in. You can save the men in Lord Grathan's estate (that whole quest is one of the most messed up stories I've ever come across, and I wasn't just your character who wanted that guy stopped). You can have the Acolytes punished by sabotaging their "game".

Corusaunt's senators and republic officials are just as corrupt as the Sith, they just hide it better. You get one quest where you have to either return to the senator or a security agent a box of slave collar chips. Your General Garza wants you to murder innocent civilians because of something that they MIGHT be, and it turns out later that they had never been a threat. They allowed a militant group to take over an entire sector, gangs to take over others. They have an army, and they let these things go.

The Empire wants Balmorra for its weapons, no other reason. They had already fought the Republic once, won, and the Republic left. The Republic isn't on Balmorra for the freedom fighters, they just want to get the weapons back from the Empire.

Ancient Taris was considered a jewel of the Republic, but we all know how aliens were treated. Just because they are allowed to freely join, doesn't mean they're equal. The reconstruction is nothing more than a publicity play on Sareshe's part to get in good with the Senate. IMO, stopping Saresh from getting her way should be considered a public service :D

On Nar Shadda, you have to option to send the aliens to another planet rather than killing them.

Corellia was basically handed to the Empire by their own government. There was a lot of disagreement among the higher ups and the citizens as to which way they should go. The war didn't start until the Republic moved in and started fighting the Imps.

Belsavis belongs to the Republic. As a way to destabilize them, the Imps release prisoners. As it turns out, the Taris mentality is alive and well here. There are people who were born in the prison, and inherit their parents' sentences. Same thing happened on Taris with the "Promised Ones".

The Republic is far from the good guy. The Empire isn't all bad. They're both gray.

The storylines for each class are exactly what you make them. You can be a completely brutal, jerk of a soldier or a totally light side Sith. Which is actually a really nice part about this game. As for the planetary stories, the same applies.

That's not entirely true. Some things you can choose, but there are certain circumstances that are always present in class and planetary stories. A Lightside Sith is still not really a good person. The Bounty Hunter, for example, always has to compete in a famous murder competition for personal glory in Chapter 1 and shoot up an Evocii base on Hutta to get there, no matter if they were light or dark.

A LS Imperial character will always murder rebelling slaves and innocent Jawas unless they skip those planetary quests. A lot of LS Imperial choices amount to doing something less bad or more bad. And usually the LS choice is improvising a different choice than what the Imperial quest giver "ordered" you to.

But my point was less about the player characters personally and more about the Empire itself. Yes, the Agent can stop Eradication Day (or capture its mastermind), but Darth Jadus always tries it. This is the sort of thing that happens in the Sith Empire.

The Sith on Dromand Kass is going to kill those people anyway, regardless if you help him or not. He wants to watch them suffer, you can choose to end it quickly. Either way, they would have been killed, you just get to choose how much pain they'll have to be in. You can save the men in Lord Grathan's estate (that whole quest is one of the most messed up stories I've ever come across, and I wasn't just your character who wanted that guy stopped). You can have the Acolytes punished by sabotaging their "game".

You're kind of making my point for me here. Regardless of what your character does, those things always happen in the Empire. It's a terrible place. Also you can't save the victims of Grathan's atrocities, you can only prolong their suffering or euthanize them.

Corusaunt's senators and republic officials are just as corrupt as the Sith, they just hide it better. You get one quest where you have to either return to the senator or a security agent a box of slave collar chips. Your General Garza wants you to murder innocent civilians because of something that they MIGHT be, and it turns out later that they had never been a threat. They allowed a militant group to take over an entire sector, gangs to take over others. They have an army, and they let these things go.

Coruscant Senators are not as corrupt as the Sith, that's ridiculous. You're comparing one fringe Senator trying to legalize slavery (and can be arrested for possessing slave collars) with the entire ruling class of the Empire. The Empire has so many slaves that they are used for things like building giant statues, and can often be killed on a whim. No Sith will ever be punished by the Empire for having slaves. Coruscant Senators also can't go around murdering civilians for fun with impunity like Sith (even the lower ranked Sith) can.

And one of the other corrupt Senators was using her corruption to help repair the damage done by the Sith. Garza wants you kill those civilians because she believes they are a risk to other civilians.

Coruscant is a planet wide megatropolis with trillions of inhabitants. I believe Garza (or someone) says that most sectors are safe, only a few are dangerous. And in large part these are due to the damage from the sacking of Coruscant. I'd say the Republic does a remarkable job maintaining order by those standards.

The Empire wants Balmorra for its weapons, no other reason. They had already fought the Republic once, won, and the Republic left. The Republic isn't on Balmorra for the freedom fighters, they just want to get the weapons back from the Empire.

I don't think that's true. The Empire also wants another world to rule. And people from the Republic express sympathy for the people of Balmorra suffering under Imperial rule. But even if they were both just there for the weapons, my point still stands. The Empire is brutally oppressing Balmorrans to get heir weapons. The Republic is liberating them from oppression to get their weapons.

Ancient Taris was considered a jewel of the Republic, but we all know how aliens were treated. Just because they are allowed to freely join, doesn't mean they're equal. The reconstruction is nothing more than a publicity play on Sareshe's part to get in good with the Senate. IMO, stopping Saresh from getting her way should be considered a public service :D

The racism on Taris was a policy on Taris, not the whole Republic. But this is another example of something bad in the Republic, while something worse was done by the Sith. The Sith conquered the planet and then exterminated everyone there to try to kill one Jedi.

And again, as for the story in TOR itself, my point still stands. The Republic is trying to heal a devastated world, and the Empire is trying to murder the colonists there.

On Nar Shadda, you have to option to send the aliens to another planet rather than killing them.

That's true, and it's certainly better than killing them but it's just another example of how bad the Empire is. At BEST it's a story about how the Empire brutally attacked many worlds unprovoked. Then killed, enslaved or expelled many people, and then evicted desperate alien refugees again.

Corellia was basically handed to the Empire by their own government. There was a lot of disagreement among the higher ups and the citizens as to which way they should go. The war didn't start until the Republic moved in and started fighting the Imps.

The Corellian government sold Corellia to the Empire against the wishes of the people of Corellia, who strongly resisted them. Both the Republic and Imperial stories on the planet feature Corellian government officials who lament the fact that the people of Corellia fought back.

Belsavis belongs to the Republic. As a way to destabilize them, the Imps release prisoners. As it turns out, the Taris mentality is alive and well here. There are people who were born in the prison, and inherit their parents' sentences. Same thing happened on Taris with the "Promised Ones".

I'd say releasing some of the most dangerous criminals in the galaxy in order to cause chaos, all in service of freeing some of the most evil Sith who ever, lived puts the Empire on the wrong side of the issue. And that's not even taking into account that Imperial forces were also trying to destroy the planet and all surrounding systems in order to kill trillions of people there.

The Republic is far from the good guy. The Empire isn't all bad. They're both gray.

Obviously not every individual in each faction is good or bad, but one is vastly vastly worse than the other. In the Jedi Knight story alone, we see the Sith attempt six individual acts planetary genocide, and they succeed at one.

That's not really surprising, is it? The Sith and Jedi characters were based on the archetypes of Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker. Acting in some way similar to the Jedi and Sith characters in the movies was designed to be a large part of the fun of roleplaying Jedi and Sith in the game.

Edited by OldVengeance

I favour the Sith Empire, while I'm no fan of Acina, she did side with me during the war with the Eternal Empire, where as the whole thing with Saresh, I suspect had it succeeded she would of had the Alliance, under her control join the Republic.

Lana says the new Republic Chancellor is Saresh's lapdog, I wouldn't be surprised if the power grab move was thought up by both of them.

Haha :). Acina wasn't there to *help you as such. Like so many other Fair Weather, opportunist friends she runs in at the very end to Finish off "Whoever" is the loser and later say "Remember I was there and helped you so we're allies and friends now...right"? There had already been Sith bowing to Arcann (Sith Self Preservation right). She was NoT there for the Struggle, not there when it was seemingly Hopeless and certainly Not Helping when the outlander and Lana were Running like H**l for the Shuttle we had waited "3 minutes for". She like so many others of that type will and frequently have said whatever to come out on top and most likely would have (as so often happens) had the Outlander *Moved out of the way later on to claim all the "Spoils" for herself. Valkorians Ploy did atleast have a bit of a chance but Acina's just wasn't the caliber of Charmer/Con Artists as Val. She was there for Ulterior motives, nothing Wholesome, not Righteous and certainly not to Help. They're stabbing each other in the back everyday (Lorman :) ) no reason to think this woulda came to any other outcome. That Superweapon, she planned on having that before she got there, fight for it or you hand it over.

I played my first Jedi Sentinel as a pragmatic Jedi (more a light-sided but still pragmatic specially after being into Vitiate control):

Ord Mantel was an example of how the Republic tends to forget about planets: the people living there were already mad against the corrupt Republic friendly criminals and when they claimed independence; the Republic sent Havoc Squad to cleanse the rebels...

Coruscant was a mess, all thanks to senator who only looked mostly after themselves, few do things for the people: to ally with smugglers and pirates is not what I call a "righteous" democracy...

Republic incompetence is always on sight: Taris is an excellent example how bad done and the poorly defended against the rakghouls, pirates and more over to have them near the Sith Empire.

If you remember, the people of Balmorra didn't wanted anything with the Republic (but to sell weapons and research on the money of the Republic, horrible experiments like the Colicoids). Even if you help the resistance, they don't exactly like the Republic military...

All the Makeb story was a HINT on what the Republic was willing to sacrifice to defeat the Sith (their ideals), most of the choices of my Jedi were questioned by the Chancellor because of the little help and resources gotten from the people of Makeb. But it was "right" to force the Hutts to join their fleet against the Sith: bravo!

Ziost was the biggest mistake: not gonna even explain the biggest failure of the Jedi/Republic there...

While on Darth Marr's flagship, my Jedi Sentinel was questioned about the Republic's intentions (the Republic was not helping officially and limited their help)... later on, the Republic never helped the Alliance openly like the Sith Empire: later on the encounter with the new Havoc Squad there's some interesting words you exchange with Jorgan:

"Is Saresh still in power?"

"The Republic we fought is gone, there's nothing but tyrants left in the galaxy"

"Then nothing has changed..."

Later on even Saresh tells you that she saw the opportunity and took it, she wouldn't apologize for that. Later the letter of the Republic Chancellor tells you that the speech against you broadcasted Republic wide "was a ruse" and that they were grateful you stopped Saresh.

Not giving into temptation: my Jedi Sentinel devoted to rebuild the galaxy...

Then again, the Republic under Theron's father attempted to take the upper hand against both: the Alliance and the Sith Empire with THE SAME magic words of Saresh: "I won't apologize for that..."

Too familiar, isn't it? :rak_02:

The decision was made the moment they invaded Iokath, if they used better words, my Jedi Sentinel would have sided them: but it was rather convinient for the Republic and they said the Republic "needed the Weapon to survive", when they already failed to destroy the Sith and to kill you... Theron's betrayal only helps to stand by the choice: Side with the Sith Empire.

Edited by Imperious

• 2 weeks later...

The Republic, though it has its faults, is still better.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others".

The Republic is in drastic times and have to, therefore, use drastic measures and can't handle everything. Even more so in the Outlander Saga because the Republic is starved of their resources by the Eternal Empire and can't help. The Empire can because it has less morals and have a more prepared militia, harder soldiers, and a "If you don't do this, you die attitude". I do think that the Republic should be better and Malcom, having been through a lot of ---- and, in the book Annihilation, has been described as a more layered character and not entirely good.

In conclusion: The Republic is broken, but it can be redeemed by those willing to help.

:sy_lightside:

Many people can be influenced by the ideal of peace to make war. In the Prequels, Chancellor Palpatine was influencing Anakin to give up the idea of the Republic and the Jedi for peace, justice and security when Palpatine will only manipulate. The Sith will probably do the same. Lead you astray then back stab you "when something has no more value, discard it.". Acina might not back stab you but someone else can take the Empire and rule. By joining the Sith, you might only damn yourself to a path of darkness

:sy_darkside:

Edited by DoctorArkeville