Operative Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Ahead of PTS Phase 1.5, let's talk about what Spoils of War has in store for the Operative! Below you will find the Operatives new ability, the set bonuses that are planned for them, and a list of their new Tactical items. You may see bonuses or tactical items which refer to ability charges. We are introducing new tech in Onslaught which will allow abilities to have multiple charges, meaning you can use them more then once (per charge) and the cooldown will simply add a charge up to the maximum.

Keep in mind that all of this is subject to change

New Ability

Tactical Overdrive - Increases Mastery by 15% for 12 seconds. In addition, resets the cooldown of Stim Boost, Recuperative Nanotech, Volatile Substance, and Lethal Strike. 3 minute cooldown.

Set Bonuses

These bonuses will likely have the high end of piece requirements, such as requiring 4 or 6 pieces. The smaller piece bonuses will be more passive in nature (stat benefits, etc).

• Noxious Cloud - (4) Toxic Haze now refunds its Tactical Advantage on use. (6) Activating Noxious Knives reduces the cooldown of Toxic Haze by 3 seconds. Every enemy affected by Toxic Haze takes 20% more damage from Noxious Knives.
  • Debilitator - (4) Exfiltrate's cooldown is reduced by 2 seconds. (6) Debilitate gets two ability charges.
  • Healing Haze - (4) Toxic Haze now refunds its energy on use. (6) Toxic Haze heals any allies standing inside it by a small amount.
  • Tactician - (4) Tactical Overdrive now also resets the cooldown of Backstab, Lethal Strike, and Toxic Scan. (6) Tactical Advantage gets an additional stack. Having a Tactical Advantage increases your damage and healing by 1%.

Tactical Items

This a new item slot coming in Onslaught. You can only wear one Tactical Item at a time.

Operative

• Tactical Mastery - Tactical Overdrive gives you a Tactical Advantage.
  • Combat Medic - Resusciatation Probe becomes an instant cast and Kolto Infusion can be cast while moving.
  • Leeching Shiv - Half of Shiv's damage heals you.
  • Holoscreen - Holotraverse gains an additional charge.

Concealment

• Volatile Burst - When Volatile Substance triggers, it deals damage to all enemies around the primary target and spreads its effects.
  • Prepared Strike - Veiled Strike automatically critically hits targets affected by your unexploded Volatile Burst and triggers it immediately.
  • Acid Lash - Laceration damage triggers Acid Blade damage and refreshes its duration.

Lethality

• Lethal Haze - Toxic Haze spreads Toxic Blast's effect and Lethal Strike does additional damage to all nearby targets affected by Toxic Haze.
  • Poison Overload - Toxic Blast finishes all your poison effects on the target and deals their remainig damage immediately. Toxic Blast's cooldown is extended by 9 seconds.
  • Corrosive Shots - Toxic Blast does 50% more damage.

Medicine

• Regenerating Waves - Kolto Waves consumes a Tactical Advantage and heals 20% more per tick.
  • Critical Surgery - Surgical Probe always critically hits on targets below 35% health.
  • Tactical Probe - Activating Surgical Probe reduces the cast time of the next Kolto Injection by .25 seconds. At 3 stacks, Kolto Injection can be cast instantly.

As a note, if you are a Scoundrel player, you can expect to see these set bonuses mirrored for you as well.

Let us know your thoughts! All of these will be available for testing once we kick off phase 1.5 of PTS next week.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Hey folks,

Lethality

• Poison Overload - Toxic Blast finishes all your poison effects on the target and deals their remainig damage immediately. Toxic Blast's cooldown is extended by 9 seconds.

Regarding this one.

Is the damage dealt by this going to be good? I am curious since this is delaying an ability that produces Tactical Advantage by almost double of its CD time. I mean this is a sacrifice of consistency (and a high price at that one) for one attack that can be used once every hardstun, with utility.

Edited by memerobot

Speaking purely from a healing perspective:

Set bonuses (as they did with most other classes) seem underwhelming. The only one I foresee that could be truly useful for healers is the TA boost (unless the toxic haze heal is scaled highly, which it does not sound to be). However, even the TA tactical is probably overshadowed by the berserker set.

As for the tacticals, I'm very excited about the kolto waves tactical. The other tacticals seem interesting as well, but I'm not quite sure either will be as situationally strong as kolto waves. I'll have to test them to see...

Edited by Pizza_boy

Regarding this one.

Is the damage dealt by this going to be good? I am curious since this is delaying an ability that produces Tactical Advantage by almost double of its CD time. I mean this is a sacrifice of consistency (and a high price at that one) for one attack that can be used once every hardstun, with utility.

Right now, Vital Shot and Sharp Bomb so about 14k each over their 18 second applied time. Probably about 17k with 306 gear which means this will be a 34k hit once you do this. This will allow Ruffians to build in burst capabilities even when combined with two Point Blank Shots (when you use the new ability) which will allow another burst follow through after finishing your dots. This would allow Ruffians a huge help in ranked where burst is favorable and in specific fights like Brontes’ clock phase or even if you feel like playing a burst build while playing Ruffian.

Edited by UltraFlashStar

Right now, Vital Shot and Sharp Bomb so about 14k each over their 18 second applied time. Probably about 17k with 306 gear which means this will be a 34k hit once you do this.

Okay, I can tell that you either play Concealment most of the time or you are not thinking outside of PvE stuff like Flashpoints/SM Ops with Lethality, since you're saying/thinking that that a 34k hit every 22s is worth the trade to your consistency of damage, which is the strongest point of the spec.

Allow me to explain why in a few points.

Reasons on how your rotation will change, for the worse:

• 1 - This is the most impactful of the small list: Your TA builder is going to be in a CD that is as long as your hardstun with utility that reduces its cooldown by 15 seconds. It is also horrible for your DPS regardless of situation.
    As it is now, you can use 4 to 5 times Toxic Blast every minute. In 15 minutes you can use it about 55 to 70 times; And with this change, you can only use 2 to 3 times per minute. In 15 minutes, you can use it around 30 to 40 times. That means I am going to have more +20 TAs on average in 15 minutes(Average time of Nim fights perhaps? or at least the important fights).
    If you want a good comparison, imagine putting Veiled Strike in a 12s CD while buffing its damage to double. Try to play Concealment while using your Veiled Strike once every 12s. Pretty sure you'll go back in your word.

• 2 - Follow up of the disaster that is the reason number 1: Using the ability in this way will force you to have down time because you have to cast 2 dots, probably want to use Lethal strike to increase dot damage and follow with the "burst" from Toxic Blast. Now, you have a problem here. You're forced to place the dots on target once again.
    This also means that you will have to do way more fillers with Rifle Shots / Overload Shots that you think and if you have to spam them then that is horrible, in any sort of content.

Arguments on how your DPS will change, for the worse:

• 1 : As of now, my Corrosive Assaults can already sap 25k up to 35k when both dots and Toxic blast are on target and with this, those will drop by about 20k to 30k easily, and Corrosive Assault was meant to be your "burst attacks".

• 2 : Your DPS over time will be lower, as well. Not just each Corrosive Assault use.

Conclusion: If the dot damage or the 'damage' of this specific attack, when changed, isn't increased when used, then this tactical is a straight nerf. I'm open for counter arguments, no problem, in this one.

This will allow Ruffians to build in burst capabilities even when combined with two Point Blank Shots (when you use the new ability) which will allow another burst follow through after finishing your dots. This would allow Ruffians a huge help in ranked where burst is favorable and in specific fights like Brontes’ clock phase or even if you feel like playing a burst build while playing Ruffian.

I am almost 100% sure that you will want to save that ability for defensive terms in PvP, not for offensive purposes. Why? it's simple. It resets your Stim Boost and if you play PvP, I am 100% sure you will take the utility where your Stim Boost gives 20% DR + 5% heals every 3s. A proper comparison is like telling a sniper to use refresh of all DCDs so he can double roll or something, without using all other defensives yet. You don't want to sacrifice a major defensive to have minimum increase of DPS.

For PvE; I guess, but still, I don't it is that strong, imo. You're going to use it more because of Stim Boost, not Lethal Strike(I am 100% sure this came as an extra).

Edited by memerobot

Iam scared what they will do to rolls. Currently operatives can be easily pushed, stunned,rooted slowed etc. rolls are the only thing which help to keep on near enemy target...but even rolls aren't useful in some situations (on rishi you can roll out from the bridge, same as on makebs's bridge or orbttal station. And without rolls you will see poor operatives running for their targets without being able to reach it actually....especially considering that operative isn't that big dps spec (mara,merc,sniper can easily outdps operatives)

Iam scared what they will do to rolls. Currently operatives can be easily pushed, stunned,rooted slowed etc. rolls are the only thing which help to keep on near enemy target...but even rolls aren't useful in some situations (on rishi you can roll out from the bridge, same as on makebs's bridge or orbttal station. And without rolls you will see poor operatives running for their targets without being able to reach it actually....especially considering that operative isn't that big dps spec (mara,merc,sniper can easily outdps operatives)

what are they doing to roll?

what are they doing to roll?

Roll now has 2 charges like the other new abilities. So you roll then roll again. Instead of both rolls coming off cooldown in 10 secs, your FIRST roll "charge" comes off cooldown in 10 seconds, then your SECOND roll "charge" comes off cooldown 10 secs later. So it's a roll nerf. You get one roll average per 10 second cooldown instead of 2.

Edited by Shirvington

Roll now has 2 charges like the other new abilities. So you roll then roll again. Instead of both rolls coming off cooldown in 10 secs, your FIRST roll "charge" comes off cooldown in 10 seconds, then your SECOND roll "charge" comes off cooldown 10 secs later. So it's a roll nerf. You get one roll average per 10 second cooldown instead of 2.

Very interesting, I have to test it out on the PTS and in pvp to see how much of a nerf it is, or if its a nerf at all.

Okay, I can tell that you either play Concealment most of the time or you are not thinking outside of PvE stuff like Flashpoints/SM Ops with Lethality, since you're saying/thinking that that a 34k hit every 22s is worth the trade to your consistency of damage, which is the strongest point of the spec.

I play Ruffian/Scrapper both in Ranked and I do it well with little to no difficulties, along with playing Ruffian/Scrapper in Nightmare mode content.

This is the most impactful of the small list: Your TA builder is going to be in a CD that is as long as your hardstun with utility that reduces its cooldown by 15 seconds. It is also horrible for your DPS regardless of situation.

With the cooldown on hard stun, Dirty Kick has a cooldown of 35 seconds which is actually twice the amount of time that Pugancity is on cooldown (1min and 12 seconds, or atleast it is on my Scoundrel). There are other options that can be used as a UH builder away from Pugnacity, Trick Move has 35s cooldown and with the utility gives a UH.

As it is now, you can use 4 to 5 times Toxic Blast every minute. In 15 minutes you can use it about 55 to 70 times; And with this change, you can only use 2 to 3 times per minute. In 15 minutes, you can use it around 30 to 40 times. That means I am going to have more +20 TAs on average in 15 minutes(Average time of Nim fights perhaps? or at least the important fights).

This the only point I would agree with you on. I would argue that the cooldown of Sanguinary Shot should be reduced to probably less than it is already right now, 9 seconds already seems alot considering the short cooldowns that the spec already offers.

Try to play Concealment while using your Veiled Strike once every 12s. Pretty sure you'll go back in your word.

I did a quick parse of this and actually the change was super minimal and I was able to adapt to the rotation easily. It does require to time your fillers and/or time your Veiled Strike perfectly. Though its easily adaptable and brings some challenge to an already easy spec to learn.

Ah well, on to the next point...

Follow up of the disaster that is the reason number 1: Using the ability in this way will force you to have down time because you have to cast 2 dots, probably want to use Lethal strike to increase dot damage and follow with the "burst" from Toxic Blast. Now, you have a problem here. You're forced to place the dots on target once again.

This also means that you will have to do way more fillers with Rifle Shots / Overload Shots that you think and if you have to spam them then that is horrible, in any sort of content.

Go back up to the point where I said thats why Sanguinary Shot should keep its current cooldown.

As of now, my Corrosive Assaults can already sap 25k up to 35k when both dots and Toxic blast are on target and with this, those will drop by about 20k to 30k easily, and Corrosive Assault was meant to be your "burst attacks".

I'm gonna need a huge source on this, unless youre running a heavy crit build with some Mastery/Power you would not see a 35k hit even with Sanguinary Shot and Cut to the Quick on the target. And to back this point up, I tried to do this multiple times even with an adrenal in my opener. To even get this, in theory you would have to, stack in crit and power, time your relic procs perfectly and have your adrenal popped at the same time while have Cut to the Quick active and maybe have you damage bonus from your set bonus.

Your DPS over time will be lower, as well. Not just each Corrosive Assault use. Conclusion: If the dot damage or the 'damage' of this specific attack, when changed, isn't increased when used, then this tactical is a straight nerf.

Uh, duh?! You're trading sustain for more burst obviously DPS is going to be lower, and obviously anyone who would pick this would expect their DPS to be lower.

I am almost 100% sure that you will want to save that ability for defensive terms in PvP, not for offensive purposes.

Sometimes I even use Pugnacity on accident because I'm so used to my PvE opener, and let me tell you even when people target me I'm still able to fight back/get away without the 20% DR and + 5% per 3 seconds. The Kolto on roll is enough to save me multiple times.

Why? it's simple. It resets your Stim Boost and if you play PvP, I am 100% sure you will take the utility where your Stim Boost gives 20% DR + 5% heals every 3s. A proper comparison is like telling a sniper to use refresh of all DCDs so he can double roll or something, without using all other defensives yet. You don't want to sacrifice a major defensive to have minimum increase of DPS.

If there is a healer that about to die, and I have no Upper Hands available to finish him off, you bet I'm gonna waste that ability to finish him off. Same as if there is a tank super low or a DPS that has been guarded. It all depends on the situation.

For PvE; I guess, but still, I don't it is that strong, imo. You're going to use it more because of Stim Boost, not Lethal Strike(I am 100% sure this came as an extra).

I mean, Machine Core in ToS HM the 20% DR + the heal is pretty useful. Since you can't use roll without worrying that you're facing the wrong way when callouts happen.

I might be missing some stuff in this post, but whatever.

TL;DR for those lurkers: 9s cooldown on Sanguinary is a bit much and should be gone. There is obviously going to be a DPS loss + a more complicated(?) rotation if you use this ability.

With the cooldown on hard stun, Dirty Kick has a cooldown of 35 seconds which is actually twice the amount of time that Pugancity is on cooldown (1min and 12 seconds, or atleast it is on my Scoundrel). There are other options that can be used as a UH builder away from Pugnacity, Trick Move has 35s cooldown and with the utility gives a UH.

If you have the utility to lower the CD of the hardstun, and assuming you're playing with 2nd alacrity tier, your CD in hardstun is exactly 26s.

And I doubt that you take the Trick Move with UH to PvP when the two utilities of StimDR+Heals and Reflect on Evasion/Countermeasure with heals. Its really risky. Not a bad one but the other 2 are significantly better.

This the only point I would agree with you on. I would argue that the cooldown of Sanguinary Shot should be reduced to probably less than it is already right now, 9 seconds already seems alot considering the short cooldowns that the spec already offers.

The alternative I'd like to have was making Lethal Strike on a CD of 15s, like the original Toxic Blast, keep the crit buffs and have it as a TA builder. Or making Shiv give 2 TA + Fatality.

I did a quick parse of this and actually the change was super minimal and I was able to adapt to the rotation easily. It does require to time your fillers and/or time your Veiled Strike perfectly. Though its easily adaptable and brings some challenge to an already easy spec to learn.

Ah well, on to the next point...

You actually have a lower DPS and you can find yourself using Rifle shot way more frequently than you'd like to. Pretty sure it was significantly harder to parse. I know its possible, tried it myself, but I do less dps this way, in Conceal, and I am sure you noticed it too.

I'm gonna need a huge source on this, unless youre running a heavy crit build with some Mastery/Power you would not see a 35k hit even with Sanguinary Shot and Cut to the Quick on the target. And to back this point up, I tried to do this multiple times even with an adrenal in my opener. To even get this, in theory you would have to, stack in crit and power, time your relic procs perfectly and have your adrenal popped at the same time while have Cut to the Quick active and maybe have you damage bonus from your set bonus.

It just is like that. The closest you can check on this is by doing this: Flashbang -> Cast 2 dots -> combination with any order of Toxic blast + Lethal Strike + Shiv -> Corrosive Assault. And I am talking a blunt damage taken in target. Memorize the % that the target is at before you use Corrosive Assault and after. Make the math of the % before and after the attack by the Max health, but if you want a quick math, here.

Corrosive Assault = 12k at the least, can go somewhat higher.

C, Dart and C.Grenade tick up to 4k when under the effects of Lethal Strike(Don't forget it can double tick per dot).

Toxic Blast does 2k damage.

12k + 4k + 4k + 2k * 2 = 24k at least. You also have to add more 4k and 2k because one of the 2 dots is ticking in the same turn, boosting it up to +25k.

Add more 4k + 2k if a dot double ticks, which can make +30k easy with all this combined.

And my build is 7.5k Mast + Tier 2 Alac + 1.95k crit in PvP and only thing changed is the crit for PvE, which goes down to 1.75k.

Uh, duh?! You're trading sustain for more burst obviously DPS is going to be lower, and obviously anyone who would pick this would expect their DPS to be lower.

Previous arguments reply to this.

Sometimes I even use Pugnacity on accident because I'm so used to my PvE opener, and let me tell you even when people target me I'm still able to fight back/get away without the 20% DR and + 5% per 3 seconds. The Kolto on roll is enough to save me multiple times.

Well, you must be lucky not getting too much focus then as Leth/Ruffian is one of the most focused specs out of all.

If there is a healer that about to die, and I have no Upper Hands available to finish him off, you bet I'm gonna waste that ability to finish him off. Same as if there is a tank super low or a DPS that has been guarded. It all depends on the situation.

Of course there are exceptions such as this case but still, the ideal use of Stim boost is for defensive purposes mostly to counter hardswaps and heal yourself to take off load off of your healer.

I mean, Machine Core in ToS HM the 20% DR + the heal is pretty useful. Since you can't use roll without worrying that you're facing the wrong way when callouts happen.

Like I said, the reset of the stuff is meant more for the Stim boost than the Lethal strike. Concealments have the best cake in this part.

Edited by memerobot

Pugnacity is a 1 min 15s cooldown? Or you can build a UH and purge slows/roots every 35s with holotraverse.

I might be a baddie, but I rarely take Pugnacity DR utility. I don't find 20% DR to be very good except in 1v1's and yolos. I would rather use Pugnacity offensively in WZ's and NiM. It's situational. I always always take the Holotraverse UH utility as it gives you an extra UH for Brutalizing Shots during adrenal+raidbuffs. You can literally get off 6 brutalizing shots almost back to back. I always take the Dodge reflect on my Ruffians... that 4s reflect is huge.

Anyway, I like reading your discussion as my playstyle is... not as precise as you guys, and I'm still new to NiM.

Regarding Poison Overload tac item, I think it could be good in a lot of situations, excluding dummies and long, sustained boss fights with 100% uptime.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Which set bonus is designated as the healer set bonus? None of them stand out as such

I was thinking the same, I main scoundrel healer and Ive been waiting forever to have a peek at the new set bonuses, if I loose my auto-crit on underworld medicine, I want something nice to replace it lol

As for the set bonuses, I thk the 2 sets that *could* relate to healers are more Generic utility/heal for dpses than anything else. Yeah the extra TA could be useful, be underwelming imo.

The sorc/sages have 2 specific sets for healing, and I hope we will have ours too and its just temporary that we have none atm

for the reference here are the sorc/sages set bonuses :

(Heal_burst ): Dark Consumption: dark Heal heals more if you have a Consuming Darkness or Reverse corruption stack and consumes 1 stack upon use.

(Heal_sustain ): Revitalize : Healing a target with another ability while Resurgence is active on them has a chance to cause an extra Resurgence tick for half. Refreshing Resurgence on a target refunds some force

A lot more useful and specific, no?

Id be very sad if I have to resort keeping that OP/glass cannon berseker set just because we dont have an interesting op/scoundrel healer one :(

I like to new ability tho, I see a lot of uses for it for a some more burst / dcd.

The tacticals, either the Waves one or the instant underworld are nice, rest to test them in live ...

I was thinking the same, I main scoundrel healer and Ive been waiting forever to have a peek at the new set bonuses, if I loose my auto-crit on underworld medicine, I want something nice to replace it lol

As for the set bonuses, I thk the 2 sets that *could* relate to healers are more Generic utility/heal for dpses than anything else. Yeah the extra TA could be useful, be underwelming imo.

Yeah, it's going to be a little weird. I guess you'll never want to spend more than 2 of the 4 TA's on Surgical Probes unless you need to burn all your burst heals in an emergency...?

But I would probably use the Tactictian set (+1 TA cap) coupled with Regenerating Waves tac item. Assuming you never cast Kolto Injection, you will need to run probes on 6-8 people to keep your TA's up, and it will be more difficult to manage energy with Kolto Waves being used more regularly, rather than using it for keeping the raid topped off (or alive). I have a bad habit of clipping it when I use it redundantly because I want to save energy (as part of surgical probe+recuperative nanotech+kolto waves combo). If it costs a TA, then clipping Waves is going to be very bad.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

yeah the extra TA + Kolto waves tactical could work.

I read somewhere that there might be an overhealing amplifier effect, that gives stack of dmg absorb to the ppl you overheal to a certain extend, that could be good for Op healing and a motivation to keep probes on a much ppl as possible?

I read tru the suggestions ppl made on the forums for Operative healers sets and tacticals, its nice to see some suggestions for tacticals were actually taken almost litterally, but their ideas of set bonuses were sooo much nicer tho : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=962784

the ones there I really would have liked to see implemented:

-the suggestions that implied the Kolto Probes could have a bigger duration, or need only one stack instead of 2

-Kolto waves while moving !!

-Kolto Cloud have bigger radius / heal more ppl

-any kind of Hots refresh / spread :)

-secondary effect on ppl healed by diagnostic scan

-some secondary effect on ppl that have your probes on them

-Healing comp-like heals, like how they can shield with Kolto cloud and cleanses with Probes XD Im so sour about that haha

I know we cant have everything and they had to make choices, but I can still dream, I still have hope that we will have more interesting options on the way :)

Yeah, it's going to be a little weird. I guess you'll never want to spend more than 2 of the 4 TA's on Surgical Probes unless you need to burn all your burst heals in an emergency...?

But I would probably use the Tactictian set (+1 TA cap) coupled with Regenerating Waves tac item. Assuming you never cast Kolto Injection, you will need to run probes on 6-8 people to keep your TA's up, and it will be more difficult to manage energy with Kolto Waves being used more regularly, rather than using it for keeping the raid topped off (or alive). I have a bad habit of clipping it when I use it redundantly because I want to save energy (as part of surgical probe+recuperative nanotech+kolto waves combo). If it costs a TA, then clipping Waves is going to be very bad.

The new ability will also help getting TA since it allows stim boost to be used more often,no?

Pugnacity is a 1 min 15s cooldown? Or you can build a UH and purge slows/roots every 35s with holotraverse.

I might be a baddie, but I rarely take Pugnacity DR utility. I don't find 20% DR to be very good except in 1v1's and yolos. I would rather use Pugnacity offensively in WZ's and NiM. It's situational. I always always take the Holotraverse UH utility as it gives you an extra UH for Brutalizing Shots during adrenal+raidbuffs. You can literally get off 6 brutalizing shots almost back to back. I always take the Dodge reflect on my Ruffians... that 4s reflect is huge.

Anyway, I like reading your discussion as my playstyle is... not as precise as you guys, and I'm still new to NiM.

Regarding Poison Overload tac item, I think it could be good in a lot of situations, excluding dummies and long, sustained boss fights with 100% uptime.

You're underestimating how much the utility can support you, honestly. Its extremely good for Lethality, given the fact that it has a much shorter CD compared to Medicine and Concealment.

I mean, on top of reducing 20% damage taken, it also heals 5% each 3s, and that makes it 5% x 6 = 30%. On a CD of basically "every minute". Couple that with the natural 5% you should ALWAYS take from the first tier and possibly the 3% per kolto probe on you, you're going to walk around with 30% DR in total while also healing from Stim boost and Kolto Probes.

I understand the logic behind the use of the holotraverse TA but for PvE, its very, very picky in this way.

Regardless, we were talking about the Poison Overload and I just think its not worth it. If you would put it in the current patch, it would be the same as trading consistent DPS and a proper TA build for an attack that will do, at most, 35k damage(if lucky, that is), and I think its not worth it and puts you on a reset for rotation.

On top of this, there are a bucket load of things that can screw over you. Small list:

1: Cleanses: (Evasion from other Operatives, Force Shroud from Assassins and the Bubble from Sorcerers) making your DPS from Toxic Blast being non existant because dots are gone;

2: DCDs that increase defensive rating : (Like AP PT, after using the Aoe taunt, and IO Merc abilities after using Aggro drop, Saber Ward, Evasion and Roll from Snipers and Mad Dash from Marauder and Juggernaut, Roll from Operatives, specially Concealment and finally Deflection from Assassin) and all this because Toxic Blast is weapon damage, not Tech.

3: DCDs/Tool abilities that screw with your accuracy: Obfuscate from Marauders, Diversion from Snipers (and that weird Utility that removes 20% accuracy when flashbang ends that Operatives have that but I don't think its that relevant) that present a huge chance for missing the attack and due to the same explanation at the end of 2.

4: Abilities that make your target "vanish" out of sight: Combat Stealth from Marauder, Operative and Assassin, Phasewalk from Sorcerer.

5: Reflect/Massive DR DCDs: Reflect from Jugg and Assassin(if spec'd into it) and Responsive Safeguards from Mercenary, Undying from Marauder.

You probably noticed I haven't added all the defensives from 6.0 for each different class, like Sniper Holo-locate, or whatever its pronounced and many more.

The list of DCDs earlier was made because the attack is going to become massively predictable since you will want to maximize its damage and that can only be accomplished by doing this: Shiv (applies one debuff, can't recall which right now) -> Lethal Strike -> Dot - C.Grenade, f.e. -> Dot - C.Dart, f.e. -> Toxic Blast

You're garanteed to be stunned/knocked out of range just as you cast your 2nd dot on target and that will make the burst from Toxic Blast to be more weak.

And from what I understood from other's streams, the attack is dealing actually less damage than the Dot + Dot + Toxic Blast + Lethal Strike + Corrosive Assault "combo"

Edited by memerobot

The icon for tactical overdrive needs to be changed IMMEDIATELY. Tactical overdrive can not have the same exact icon as Stim Boost. While of course you can tell which one is used because of the cooldowns, quick glance at bars and seeing the same icon will get very confusing very fast. Please, change the icon for tactical overdrive.

With roll essentially being nerfed by 50% and us having 1 effective roll per 10s, can you please explain to us why you've taken away our only decent DCD, gap closer and escape ability and given us nothing to replace it?

This is a gargantuan nerf.

With roll essentially being nerfed by 50% and us having 1 effective roll per 10s, can you please explain to us why you've taken away our only decent DCD, gap closer and escape ability and given us nothing to replace it?

This is a gargantuan nerf.

yea operatives should gain 2 charges instead of one, theres a bug that makes ops only regain 1 charge.

Edited by Delani