Is a WoW’s mythic plus like system possible / desirable ?

Hello there !

Long time SWTOR player, I’ve always been going back and forth between those two MMOs.

I recently delved back into SWTOR, and kept thinking that a mythic-like system would be a huge plus for this game.

For those of you that are unfamiliar with Mythic plus, It consists of running Dungeons (Flashpoints) on a time limit with additional effects making the dungeon more challenging (mobs leave a zone that damages players when they die, you periodically spawn a zone around you that interrupts and damages your teammates…).

If your group manages to complete the dungeon under the time limit, you are granted a “key” that unlocks a random harder mythic plus dungeon. At the end of the week, you are rewarded with gear that improves based on the highest key you completed.

This system provides a fun challenge that gives smaller guilds a weekly objective outside of raids. I think a similar system on SWTOR would make the game more engaging for a lot of players, and could easily integrate itself within the conquest system, giving players a more challenging (and rewarding) approach to Master-Mode FP that can get pretty easy and repetitive once geared.

I don’t know if a system like this could be implemented, or even if it would really improve the game, but I’d love to hear your opinions.