Don"t play as new inquisitors!!!!!!

BigKingKaz

You will only be halted by a stupid bug that won't allow you to play on any further than level 18. But you'll hit the glitch at level 10 if your fast. The glitch is on the quest "At the foot of the colossus" on Dromund Kaas. Have fun on any other class though. If your dead set on inquisitor, go play Guild Wars 2.

You will only be halted by a stupid bug that won't allow you to play on any further than level 18. But you'll hit the glitch at level 10 if your fast. The glitch is on the quest "At the foot of the colossus" on Dromund Kaas. Have fun on any other class though. If your dead set on inquisitor, go play Guild Wars 2.

funny thing is i just completed all quests on DK with my 2nd inquisitor and not had a problem..and whats gw2 got to do with anything? that game doesnt even compare to this game..like comparing apples and oranges.

funny thing is i just completed all quests on DK with my 2nd inquisitor and not had a problem..and whats gw2 got to do with anything? that game doesnt even compare to this game..like comparing apples and oranges.

Do you smell a troll? I smell a troll. Do you think OP works for that other half-baked disaster of a game?

Do you smell a troll? I smell a troll. Do you think OP works for that other half-baked disaster of a game?

Being that this is the only post OP has ever posted, yeah, smells like troll to me too, with a bit of, never played SWTOR and is just stirring the pot.

There does exist a bug on certain quests. I noticed the same thing on Ord Mantell after the latest patch, where turning in one class mission failed to clear the mission from my log or convert the phased area to the next mission.

Since I did at least get the next mission, I went out and did it, then reset the old mission from my mission log window. This reset the phased area and I was able to turn in the new mission and resume normal play. Then I submitted a bug report using the Customer Help button in the game UI.

Edited to Add: The mission turn-in issue is listed among the "known issues" targeted for high priority fixing in this thread from the community managers. The ugnaughts are working on it.

Edited by Otembe

Edited to Add: The mission turn-in issue is listed among the "known issues" targeted for high priority fixing in this thread from the community managers. The ugnaughts are working on it.

LOL you sir, won the internets today :D

Yes, actually, there are some mission breaking bugs on some class quests of SI, one is the colossus mission already mentiones, the other, in the last mission of chapter 2 (conflagration). I won't spoil it for you, but enough to say, you cannot advance in the quest.

I almost unsubbed out of rage in wednesday (my sorcerer toon is stuck on the conflagration mission), after the news of nerfs of overload and electrocute for sorcs, they come and broke the class missions. Fortunately, I'm rolling a marauder now.

I'm not trolling I'm just pssed, I just bought the game and the questline for my character has been broken by a "KNOWN BUG". And its been days, I'm just warning noobs like myself don't choose inquisitors or you'l be waiting for shoddy customer service. Go to the bug forum. You'll see hundreds of people complaining about it. its the "At the foot of the colossus" mission.

Here's a walkthrough of the quest:

At the Foot of the Colossus

So, um, other people have clearly done it. If it's truly bugged, please let us know.

Wow you're... ever heard of a new bug? A patch that breaks games? Ever actually worked on games? Do you even know what a bug is? Stupid comments get stupid remarks back. Obviously I had a problem or I wouldn't have taken the damn time to say anything.

For just being tricked in to subscribing and a couple of hours later in the same night I encounter this bug? Its a shame and really makes me want my money and time back.

I get that your angry, but I would recommend you take a deep breath instead.

Heck, I ran into that bug last night on my SI, filled out a ticket and then went and did something else instead. When they fix it I'll continue the quest.

"Tricked" into subscribing? You make it sound like Dr. Evil is trying to personally figure out how to make your life miserable or something.

Heck, I ran into that bug last night on my SI, filled out a ticket and then went and did something else instead. When they fix it I'll continue the quest.

"Tricked" into subscribing? You make it sound like Dr. Evil is trying to personally figure out how to make your life miserable or something.

I was told I was gonna be able to go further in the game if I paid for it, so I did and now only to be halted by this. I just bought it... that's a horrible first impression. I'm just wanting anyone new starting this game to know this. This isn't Facebook bro, where everyone just sits around picking apart what others are writing. ****... Go play the game if you can..

Troll alert. call the troll police. this bug... haven't encountered it. I played through the Conflagration part no prob three days ago

Sorry bud, I'm not talking about conflagration. I'm talking about "at the foot of the colossus". Either way its a known bug the EA recognizes. Read first. Then try to TROLL hunt.

Here's a walkthrough of the quest:

At the Foot of the Colossus

So, um, other people have clearly done it. If it's truly bugged, please let us know.

Wow you're... ever heard of a new bug? A patch that breaks games? Ever actually worked on games? Do you even know what a bug is? Stupid comments get stupid remarks back. Obviously I had a problem or I wouldn't have taken the damn time to say anything.

Yes, I know what a bug is. And when I said "So, um, other people have clearly done it. If it's truly bugged, please let us know," that's what I meant. As it turns out, it is bugged now. You are correct. It was not bugged previously, but it is bugged now. Considering that all Inquisitors at or below that quest can't continue until that bug is fixed, it's clearly a major problem. Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that BW is working on a fix, and has it as a high priority.

I'm not a BW fanboy, but I believe BW will fix this, and soon. Thus, I think your thread title of "Don't play as new inquisitors!" seems a little overstated. Are you really suggesting that an entire class should be avoided simply because it has one bug in it right now? It is YOU who appear to misunderstand what a bug is.

Instead of avoiding the class altogether, or harboring thoughts about how BW "tricked" you (which implies that they created this situation intentionally, which I doubt is true), consider this instead:

Edited by DPCummerbund

I'm not trolling I'm just pssed

If you want to be taken seriously, and if you don't want people to respond to you with an aggressive attitude, then maybe you shouldn't use an aggressive attitude against other people either? :)

And its been days

If you actually think that a few days is too long to fix a bug like this (which was not game breaking, only stopped some players from progressing in the class story temporarily), then you should stop using computers, you will never be happy.

For the developers, confirming that there is a bug, finding why it doesn't work, fixing it, testing it, and pushing it to the live servers will always take some time, in SWTOR, as well as in every other game or other piece of software.

And its been days, I'm just warning noobs like myself don't choose inquisitors or you'l be waiting for shoddy customer service.

The "shoddy customer service" has already given many replies on this very issue, in the forum where it belongs, the one titled "Customer Service".

In short, keep calm and carry on. :)

Also this bug should be fixed in the patch which was released earlier today.

Edited by Rassuro

Why don't you just report the bug to cs? I am sure that they will fix it after all.

I remember getting stuck on a bug like this a few months ago. I opened a bug report, the next day I chatted with a developer when I was in game, he cleared me through the issue and next patch update I noticed the fix went out game wide.

Point is I went through the bug report process instead of crying about it and was running in 24 hours.