Community Q&A – Feb 24th 2012 Blog Discussion

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SGRA crowd, the biggest crowd in the last Q&A thread, has been ignored completely, again, I see.

So, not everything I wanted to see was answered either. Why focus on what wasnt answered and lets focus on what was.

They did discuss some new changes coming for 1.2 and I wish they would give us a release date or possible date for 1.2.

This will make some people happy:

Zennis: Has there been any discussion to streamlining the Space Port process? Perhaps allowing speeders in the Space Ports besides the Fleet?

Brian Audette (Senior Designer): We've absolutely heard what the fans are saying and have been exploring options to address these issues. While we are still investigating allowing speeder use in Space Ports, we've also been looking for other ways to get people from point A to point B with greater haste. One such feature will specifically affect planets that have Orbital Stations instead of Space Ports such as: Tython, Korriban, Hoth, and Belsavis. We'll be adding an option for players to go directly to their ships from the surface shuttles as opposed to having them run through the Orbital Station to their airlocks. This feature and some additional tweaks will start showing up in Game Update 1.2.

Gotta say, so far these Q&A are, well tbh, boring.

It's either on the cards, "soon tm", were discussing it.

Why not just supply us with a roadmap of what you actually are doing and a realastic timescales like 2 months/4 months/ a year etc.

Okay, I know I am being a little bit churlish and that these answers means something to some people or even many, but tbh, if this is only going to be a feature where you "cherry pick" easy questions, or supply answers as "it's coming", then I for one will just ignore them.

Sorry, I am feeling narked about Crystal colours, I'm pissed on my single malt and the wife has a headache...Again...

Ahh well, ways Seka when I need her...;)

Some encouraging stuff in this Q&A. I'm glad there is heavy work being done for LFG, and the ability to bypass space stations will be very nice. The mini-game and emote stuff through Legacy is also very cool. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the future is bright for this game. Unfortunately, too many doomsayers as always make things seem worse than they actually are.

Do these people even play the same game we do? I've felt better playing non-US, non-English speaking games with no subscription, charge you to sneeze type games when it comes to commitment, growth, listening to their players and expansion than I see from the developers and designers of this game. Sad, they even contradict their own support staff on the forums it seems.

Why not just supply us with a roadmap of what you actually are doing and a realastic timescales like 2 months/4 months/ a year etc.

Okay, I know I am being a little bit churlish and that these answers means something to some people or even many, but tbh, if this is only going to be a feature where you "cherry pick" easy questions, or supply answers as "it's coming", then I for one will just ignore them.

Sorry, I am feeling narked about Crystal colours, I'm pissed on my single malt and the wife has a headache...Again...

"This is coming soon" is the standard time-frame you'll find in a Q&A with ANY game developer.

So, not everything I wanted to see was answered either. Why focus on what wasnt answered and lets focus on what was.

Difference being, our topic has had two gold posts since early 2009, our last one was on September 15th, which only stated they are coming post-launch, which can mean three months or three years, major difference there is, we haven't actually had a single concrete post on the issue in three years beyond 'There are no gays in Star Wars' (which there are) and 'It's coming after release'.

ETAs are the single most bloodiest double-edged sword in gaming. Providing them and missing them by even a little and you get burned. Don't provide them early enough (a subjective judgement) and you get burned.

Knowing when to give an ETA is like playing Russian Roulette with 5 bullets and one empty chamber. You don't pull unless you are DAMN sure you are right.

EDIT: What is SGRA?

Edited by Alxandria

ETAs are the single most bloodiest double-edged sword in gaming. Providing them and missing them by even a little and you get burned. Don't provide them early enough (a subjective judgement) and you get burned.

Knowing when to give an ETA is like playing Russian Roulette with 5 bullets and one empty chamber. You don't pull unless you are DAMN sure you are right.

SGRA - basically its same-sex relationships. Some people want these in game. They claim they are the loudest and biggest group in-game and they demand to be heard and get answers. They also dont like it when their questions are not answered.

While we are still investigating allowing speeder use in Space Ports, we've also been looking for other ways to get people from point A to point B with greater haste. One such feature will specifically affect planets that have Orbital Stations instead of Space Ports such as: Tython, Korriban, Hoth, and Belsavis. We'll be adding an option for players to go directly to their ships from the surface shuttles as opposed to having them run through the Orbital Station to their airlocks.

I already avoid Fleet as much as possible because of mounts being allowed there. Space ports shouldn't be as bad since they're not a place people hang out, but I still can't see a speeder bike flying through a little port (the ports, and even Fleet, aren't that big).

As to the skipping airlocks thing, how will this affect quests that take place in the airlocks? Or will those planets still retain them?

SGRA - basically its same-sex relationships. Some people want these in game. They claim they are the loudest and biggest group in-game and they demand to be heard and get answers. They also dont like it when their questions are not answered.

'Claim', We actually did the math, 10% of the posts in the last thread were all asking for SGRAs, which was the single most asked question in-front of Legacy questions.

Oh and BTW, we never stated we were the largest group 'in-game' just in that thread, please don't try and make us out to be angry QQers.

Ah, Thank You. It would be nice to be able to sex-up Vector as my male Agent. Kaliyo kinda scares me. (FYI, I am in a loving same sex relationship and comparing my fiance to Vector would creep him out.)

I honestly don't expect to see this for a WHILE, that's a lot of dialogue to record.

Okay, I understand this. So why bother saying anything at all if it's only going to be a stock answer of "soon TM"?

If they say 2 months and 2 months later it doesn't appear, I would expect an explanation just like in any field where you set realistic time scales. I am a reasonable person and if they say it's delayed because of this or that, I can understand however it also makes them more accountable if they keep on delaying sighting more problems and you get a good picture then of what they really are capable of.

If it's really going to take a 6 months to get the GTN fully working, then fine. When 6 months are up and it's not done, then give a reason as to why it's delayed.

Aren't we just really letting Devs of all MMos off by not making them accountable for their timescales?

if i was dev and i be ask same question over and over again. it does get anoyning i feel less will to answer the question i was asked. in fact i would consider not do what i was asked to do. If you keep ask they less will do what you asked. in fact feel more like you guys troll because question amost same way put. Be patient and wait. I not start argument just tried point what it look like to me going on

instead have everyone asked it tried form group and appoint someone ask question once then wait.

Everyone who is SO obsessed with the same-sex relationships need to let it the hell go already. I understand you want this, but seriously is this something the is GAME-BREAKING not to have? To the people who are saying the Bioware are homophobic and all that crap you really should move on already. They didn't put it in the game, big deal. Personally if I saw same-sex relationships before

LFG

Guild UI Updates

Ship Customization

Warzone Bug Fixes

End-Game crafting fixes

FPS Issue fixes

Hero Engine Optimization

Major overhaul of the Galactic Trade Network

Cross Server PvP

Fix the friends list

Or any of of the 1,000 other things that are more important.

I WOULD BE PISSED

Okay, I understand this. So why bother saying anything at all if it's only going to be a stock answer of "soon TM"?

If they say 2 months and 2 months later it doesn't appear, I would expect an explanation just like in any field where you set realistic time scales. I am a reasonable person and if they say it's delayed because of this or that, I can understand however it also makes them more accountable if they keep on delaying sighting more problems and you get a good picture then of what they really are capable of.

If it's really going to take a 6 months to get the GTN fully working, then fine. When 6 months are up and it's not done, then give a reason as to why it's delayed.

Aren't we just really letting Devs of all MMos off by not making them accountable for their timescales?

The problem is there is no satisfying the fan base. If you say soon, like they do then people get upset with it.

If you say in two months and it doesnt happen then people get upset with it.

It's a no-win scenerio and the easiest one to deal with is saying the proverbial soon, then if it takes 2 months or 6 months they are still covered.

I am a reasonable person and if they say it's delayed because of this or that, I can understand

You are a reasonable person. Oh damnit what is that Men in Black line. Whatever, basically reasonable people aren't the ones burning them alive. Anonymous people who want X are far from reasonable.

I would love timelines, I'm okay with them missing an ETA with a reasonable update. But then what is reasonable to you and I may not be reasonable to others. Or vice versa. It's just a bloody mess that honestly, is safer to just not say.

Is it cowardly, yeah a bit, but in a world where you don't need any proof to destroy a reputation, personal or corporate, why risk it?

If they say 2 months and 2 months later it doesn't appear, I would expect an explanation just like in any field where you set realistic time scales. I am a reasonable person and if they say it's delayed because of this or that, I can understand

You may be reasonable, but there are many who are not.

If they say 2 months, and it doesn't appear in 2 months, then whatever explanation they give people will start speculating on various reason instead ranging from "Devs suck" to "they're secretly never going to implement x feature but don't want to tell us"

Every time you see someone posting some tinfoil hat conspiracy as to why X feature isn't in game, or X bug isn't fixed - thats the reason we never get full details from the devs in advance.