Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

I just want to adress the 2-3 people in THIS thread

Indeed, in THIS thread.

And what about the people that are happy with the change and doesn't check for "OMG y u change?" threads?

Please don't make it seem like the people that like the change it is a minority. Most of the playerbase don't visit the forums regularly, and still only few show up here only when they are unhappy with things.

I'm one of the people that are happy with the change since it finally looks like it should have from the start.

However I also agree its a shame for people that didn't see the picture in cartel store and only saw the items in the item preview window when they got more common, and then based thier costume after that.

But yeah, now we should have the options to get both costumes as an option. The bugged look and the fixed look.

Edited by ClaudiusDK

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or another idea i thought of would be to keep the sets the same they were before, just add an updated set to the cartel pack, one with the old version, and one with the new version

Exactly. I had a great look going with a mustard jacket and now it has a hood and ugly shoulder pads, sith jedi look now. The idea of providing items closer to concept is fine, but making it retroactive was a huge mistake. Looking at this thread there appears to be a huge segment that bought the originals because of how they looked. Add a concept set if you like, but do not mess up my look because someone wants something different. It cost me more than a hundred thousand creds to buy an alternative and reslot. The "fix" shows that WAI does not always meaning it is not broken...

Indeed, in THIS thread.

And what about the people that are happy with the change and doesn't check for "OMG y u change?" threads?

Please don't make it seem like the people that like the change it is a minority.

QUOTE]

I say THIS thread cuz most people have been re-directed here like me. Your little support threads for the change are what? 1-2 page threads. I see a 100 pages here almost, and hundreds of people angry. I'm tired of arguing with you people. The devs already stated what I needed to hear.

I say THIS thread cuz most people have been re-directed here like me. Your little support threads for the change are what? 1-2 page threads. I see a 100 pages here almost, and hundreds of people angry. I'm tired of arguing with you people. The devs already stated what I needed to hear.

Thanks for misunderstanding the point of my post, not here to argue, infact I even agreed its annoying for people that based thier look on the bugged parts and then got forcefully changed.

Also I only just noticed a bit of time ago that some people are unhappy about the change.

So i was merely saying, not everyone checks the forum after something got fixed.

Thanks again. :p

Edited by ClaudiusDK

Hoping we don't need to wait too long for the fix. Glad to hear them acknowledge the problem and that they'll do something about it. Just hope "something about it" isn't within the time frame of so much else they're doing something about. Edited by Pscyon

Hoping we don't need to wait too long for the fix. Glad to hear them acknowledge the problem and that they'll do something about it. Just hope "something about it" isn't within the time frame of some much else they're doing something about.

They just fixed it.. you mean unfix the fix right?

I still can't comprehend why so many people are upset (aside from the phantom set)... The Spymaster changes to me are superb, especially the boots and gloves... The trailblazer was a nice touch too.

Never have I seen such an outcry for something to minor...

I sometimes wonder if some people are upset at the wrong things at the moment.... and should focus their attention elsewhere... like the expansion we know is coming but no info, or the inspection bug still present, the mail bug... all the bugs.. still present.

Edited by Reppical

I can't believe you people are really complaining about the item "Corrections" They were "not changes" never were. I don't suppose you people realize that you paid for one item and got something different. Rather you bought the pack, or you bought the items via the GTN. These items were not showing as intended. Yet have the gull to cry about finally getting what was actually intended? I can't stand how BW does things either, but they corrected something and get it right for once. The only real issue here is how long it took for them to correct these item errors.

What really kills me is that everyone knew the deal, and anyone saying they didn't know is either lying, or just completely oblivious. I'm glad they finally gave the Phantom set, and Revan's lower robe their intended look.

Really "false logic: (that's a euphemism for my real meaning) to make such assumptions about other people's actions or intentions. You should go into political talk radio.

First anyone who bought via the GTN or who viewed via the GTN likely item previewed and saw the IN GAME RENDERING, liked the look and went about procuring it in the manner of their choice. One could just as easily call into question the validity of buying and expecting an appearance other than that seen during item preview.

Second, I'm not aware of anything that ever said 'what is pictured in this cartel pack add is a complete set' or 'the sets are available exactly as in this picture on the cartel add.' Instead, its just as easy to infer the pictures represent a look that could be aided by one or more items in the set - for as most seasoned players know, most armor is available in many different colors of the same form. So one could for example use the Phantom helmet and one of many renderings of the chest piece used in the Revan set to garner the look very similar to that displayed in the cartel add. Further the ONLY way to achieve the look created by the Phantom chest piece as delivered was with that Chest Piece. Nothing else of that shape is available in a custom set with a dark color scheme - nothing.

So your premise that buyer should be aware that this new look is what was intended, and for them to claim otherwise is a lie, well the premise does not stand.

And its not 'gull' its 'gall'

At best you are a troll

ya know, i almost feel bad for bioware.

the appearance of these items were bugged, and people complained.

so they fix them.

more people complain.

so theyre gonna fix them again.

i wonder how amazing PvP would be if the bugs/imbalance issues got this kind of dev/community interaction.......

cartel market can smd

ya know, i almost feel bad for bioware.

the appearance of these items were bugged, and people complained.

so they fix them.

more people complain.

so theyre gonna fix them again.

i wonder how amazing PvP would be if the bugs/imbalance issues got this kind of dev/community interaction.......

cartel market can smd

I'm glad sane people exists in these forums!

I'm glad sane people exists in these forums!

The saying, 'the customer is always right' stems from the basis that whatever issue or item, however small, that provides displeasure to the customer will be a large consideration by them when judging their overall experience; therefore to retain that customer you must resolve the issue as they see it, not the issue as you the purveyor sees it.

Said another way, each player segment has different things that motivate them to play and purchase time or items with the game. And not every segment will agree. I for one don't give one hoot about PVP. I do care about my character story arc and the character POV. There are other players that care about both and others neither.

However in general all players dislike the unexpected loss of something they value, and therein lies the core issue. The use of the word 'fix' is only appropriate dependent on the end users POV. In truth two attempts surrounding the same object resulted in unexpected results for segments of the user population - both are correct in their dismay.

The saying, 'the customer is always right' stems from the basis that whatever issue or item, however small, that provides displeasure to the customer will be a large consideration by them when judging their overall experience; therefore to retain that customer you must resolve the issue as they see it, not the issue as you the purveyor sees it.

Said another way, each player segment has different things that motivate them to play and purchase time or items with the game. And not every segment will agree. I for one don't give one hoot about PVP. I do care about my character story arc and the character POV. There are other players that care about both and others neither.

However in general all players dislike the unexpected loss of something they value, and therein lies the core issue. The use of the word 'fix' is only appropriate dependent on the end users POV. In truth two attempts surrounding the same object resulted in unexpected results for segments of the user population - both are correct in their dismay.

you sound super smart :rolleyes:

what makes these customers opinion more worthy of dev attention than mine? or any of the players that are concerned about the direction PvP has taken in this game?

this is not rhetorical. someone explain to me why it is acceptable for something so inconsequential to the health of the game gets immediate dev attention, meanwhile PvP issues that have been acknowledged multiple times by the devs are going on MONTHS of waiting for even a hint of progress?

ps: the customer might always be right, but that doesnt mean theyre not a moron

Your points are valid and you portray them well... except there is one major issue... SWTOR isn't reality... the customer is always right? You didn't purchase your digital items in a physical store or even an online store and unfortunately your clause doesn't have precedence in online transactions WITHIN a video game itself.

Let me also add, that these items were from a random mystery box (i've said this before), therefore the chances of you getting them are randomized (let's agree on that). So anyone's argument about wanting these items based on what they look like is irrelevant because they didn't look the way they were supposed to in the first place. Bought them on the GTN? Ok that validates the point of purchasing an item under the false pretense of its appearance, but because it is in-game currency and most developers do have a clause which stats (in simple terms) that they may without warning change whatever they wish... basically means that you uphold the risk of getting ANY item in-game.

But oh wait, this isn't reality. I'm sorry your digital item didn't turn out the way you wanted it after they fixed the issue. How about you concern yourself with other matters AND if they must be relevant to the game, how about you concern yourself about stuff that actually matters such as the game's massive bug issues, instead of the helmet of your cartel pack item being changed without your prior knowledge or agreement.

What bothers me the most is how people don't see that this game is just that a game, a game with rules set by the developer, the same people who changed the appears of these items, which they can do at any time. Do their actions have repercussions? Of course, but throwing arguments which cannot hold merit because of the reality vs non-reality barrier is absurd and not to mention (again) based on something so minor. If you don't like the sets anymore DON'T WEAR THEM. End of problem, end of discussion.... it's that simple !! Billy Maize here.... (I hope everyone got the joke).

If you don't like how they look now, don't wear them. Lots of different sets to choose from, in fact, the cartel market actually sells sets, so if they change those down the road, then half your arguments become valid, maybe invest in those sets in case they do change them so the time you wasted here won't be so wasted?

Edited by Reppical

They just fixed it.. you mean unfix the fix right?

I still can't comprehend why so many people are upset (aside from the phantom set)... The Spymaster changes to me are superb, especially the boots and gloves... The trailblazer was a nice touch too.

Never have I seen such an outcry for something to minor...

I sometimes wonder if some people are upset at the wrong things at the moment.... and should focus their attention elsewhere... like the expansion we know is coming but no info, or the inspection bug still present, the mail bug... all the bugs.. still present.

I'd say how your character appears is perhaps the most important thing in the game. If you don't like the way your character looks, and you can't find a new look that you like as much as your old one, then you're going to have a hard time finding the motivation to play that character. Inspection and Mail bugs are irrelevant when you don't log on.

I'd finally got a look on my shadow that I liked, and as a result her playtime was increasing. Now she's stuck with your stereotypical sith robe the likes of which has been done to death already in the game.

what makes these customers opinion more worthy of dev attention than mine? or any of the players that are concerned about the direction PvP has taken in this game?

this is not rhetorical. someone explain to me why it is acceptable for something so inconsequential to the health of the game gets immediate dev attention, meanwhile PvP issues that have been acknowledged multiple times by the devs are going on MONTHS of waiting for even a hint of progress?

Stop being obtuse.

a) Because its something easy to fix

b) Many hundreds or possibly even thousands of players bought the items off the GTN or used CC for a chance to get the items based off the models in game - not too mention the thousands of in game credits the used to rip out enhancements/armours/mods and add augments etc.

I think when someone invest alot of time, money and credits on the appearance of there character they become attached to such appearance. Then to see it changed without much warning, they become angry. You might not have done this yet, but, beleive it or not, many people take the appearance of there character very serious. I am one of them, please don't hate me. As far as your pvp issues, I'm not so sure this is top priority. I have logged in over 3000 warzones and still can't get enough of it. Much, much fun for me. It used to be even more fun, beleive it or not, when I looked like a bad arse ninja. Now I look like a towel boy.

I just want to adress the 2-3 people in this thread that are trying to stage a counter-argument against the hundreds of us unsattisfied people. Here we have a dev obviously stating they made a terrible mistake. I think I'll listen to this guy over those 2-3 people. I don't see anywhere in his post about him saying "Well, you players should have been checking the forums, HAHA." A horrible decision has happened on behalf of the developers, they have admitted it, now we just have to go through the pain of waiting for them to fix it.

I am willing to bet they don't fix the people that purchased them on the GTN because they are not going to spend that much effort on people not paying real cash...nice sentiment but only the cartel coin people will get "fixed" by this team. If they really cared there would be an emergency patch changing the look back and then allowing people to individually turn in peices for the ones they want through a ticket...they paid for the look they wanted give it back to them now...not whenever you can fit it in.

I actually prefer the way it looks now. Funny.

Especially since before logging in I read all the fury about the changes yesterday when I was at work, and got quite annoyed about it myself. Then I went home a actually logged in and went......oh, that looks awesome.

Amazing all the rage about some medium sized cloth shoulders.

Dont worry too much guys, you have made enough loud and annoying noise that they will release something skin tight soon.

:)

I think when someone invest alot of time, money and credits on the appearance of there character they become attached to such appearance. Then to see it changed without much warning,

They stated it was wrong and that they would fix it about a month ago, 12/12/12 to be exact. That's plenty fair warning that it was going to be corrected to match the advertised art.

I have issue with the term "fix." It would be appropriate to say change, but not fix, wherein lies the problem. Commerce took place on the premise of the in-game appearance. There was also commerce based on the concept appearance. There were complaints from those that based their commerce on the concept art. Now there are complaints from those that based their commerce on the final product.

I bought one of the chest pieces based on the final product, and had to replace it when it was altered. I have a legitimate complaint. However, that is not to say that those that purchased based on concept art did not have a legitimate complaint. The "fix" was a "break" for many. It was done in a manner that caused predictable issues. As such an actual fix is needed. It is more complex than it needed to be, but it needs to be done.

lot of whiny people in this game.

there are infinitely more important things than getting your stupid armor appearance changed. like, you know, how the game functions? :confused::rolleyes:

Yeah i know right? Why so much attention on this? Would it be too much to ask the community to get engaged in demands for engine improvements faster loading times better audio and shadow FX especially on lower end systems, the fixing of old UI bugs that have returned new ui bugs silly bugs major bugs latency fixes better web to in game implementations for character transfers all automated rapid and easy. No? Oh ok then you lot best keep bashing at your keyboards about a few of these custom items then. Leave the important stuff for later i guess

They stated it was wrong and that they would fix it about a month ago, 12/12/12 to be exact. That's plenty fair warning that it was going to be corrected to match the advertised art.

Good to see your back for the late night hours again, like me. Do you have anything to add other then these 2 sentences to this thread. I think I've seen them like at least 10 times maybe. We get your point, please stop posting the same thing over and over. One time is enough. Ok, now your argument. I know we keep posting the same things over and over too. Not really though, I've seen many diverse posts in this thread addressing an issue many of us feel is very important. If you have nothing other to add besides "They stated such and such on 12/12/12", please occupy your time with a different thread. thanks

Hey, guys --

We care a lot about the fact that you care about the appearances of your characters. In fact, the Mod system is my baby, largely because it allows players to customize their appearance to your liking. We have another, similar, one of my babies coming in the near future, which will allow even greater customization (you guys may have seen me hinted about it in recent interviews). Short form: this is real important to me, and we're not happy that we've created a situation that makes people unhappy. We didn't think through the ramifications of the bugfix that we've made, and we're acutely aware of the financial angle (cartel coins as well as in-game credits on the GTN) involved.

We are still discussing potential fixes to the issue -- and there will be fixes -- but there are ramifications to all fixes. Players should keep in mind that previously, we had players who were upset in the other direction. We have a couple of directions that we can go, but we need to explore a couple of things, and regardless, it is not a fix that can happen instantaneously. I do think we can get something in a patch very soon.

We are pretty sure we can avoid a solution that forces players to spend additional cartel coins, and I'm not interested in letting a situation linger that leaves the player's faith in what we are offering on the cartel market in a reduced state. It is incredibly important to me, and the rest of the SW:TOR team, that players have a high degree of confidence in the market as a whole, and how we deal with issues like this. This has been a learning experience for us, and won't happen again.

In short: we'll fix this. Give us a little time to do so.

Damion Schubert

Lead Designer, SWTOR

Make another chest, with the same model as the old Phantom chest, and allow it to be purchased with the current Phantom chest as a "currency". Bam, fixes it for everyone and doesn't lose anyone credits/CC.