I don't understand complaints about lack of group content....

Gorrdan

when players are reluctant to even do simply 4 and 2+ heroic quests in game? there are world bosses that are mostly ignored, people skip heroic quests and solo all the way to level 50. I hear complaints that SWTOR is a single player game from lvl 1 to 50 and yet people ignore any type of group content that game offers?

Isn't it a double standard by community? now i would understand the complaining if people were actually helping each other out and doing group content and feel that hey it isn't enough we need more, but why ask for something which you are going to ignore anyways? so complaints is just for sake of complaining?

I am playing on republic side and at lvl 40 i have teamed up total of 2 times with other players. I have to depend upon high level players in my guild to complete HC, which is really boring because thanks to no mentoring or side kick feature i just stand there while mobs die in seconds. That is my experience with heroic content in game so far.

So what people really want when it comes to group content from lvl 1 to 50?

The content is there. Its just really inconvenient to do them. The whole method of staying in one area spamming chat to form groups is so obsolete. If I'm going through a planet, I might keep my eyes open fro groups forming for heroics on that planet while leveling, but I'm not going to linger when I can just move on and continue leveling.

There needs to be a well implemented LFG system. That allows people to do their own thing while the tool searches for a group. There is a reason warzones get played so much. I don't even like PvP that much, but I have done a ton of wz's simply because it is very convenient to queue up and go about my business.

The problem is that Heroics are only really viable if you're in the same quest-hub as someone else. The rewards aren't good enough to cause someone to backtrack 1-2 hubs to do a Heroic.

And the lack of a dungeon-finder or intuitive LFG tool means that unless you happen to be on the fleet doing a PvP daily you probably won't have enough people to communicate with to do lower-level FP's.

The content is there. Its just really inconvenient to do them. The whole method of staying in one area spamming chat to form groups is so obsolete. If I'm going through a planet, I might keep my eyes open fro groups forming for heroics on that planet while leveling, but I'm not going to linger when I can just move on and continue leveling.

There needs to be a well implemented LFG system. That allows people to do their own thing while the tool searches for a group. There is a reason warzones get played so much. I don't even like PvP that much, but I have done a ton of wz's simply because it is very convenient to queue up and go about my business.

So you are saying group content is good enough its lack of LFG tool hurting it? well at least you agree with me somewhat.

However what puzzles me is that SWTOR is a single player game, putting LFG tool will help taking that feel away? because i scratch my head when ever i read that line.

Yes. You'll never see me claim that SWTOR is a single player game. That thing is just silly anyway. There's plenty of group content in the game. In fact on my main character, I grouped way more on my way to 50 than I did in WoW or LotrO.

However, it definitely needs to be made more accessible. This is not 2000. People aren't willing to accept standing around for hours LFG nowadays. Good or bad, thats how the mentality is nowadays.

The problem, like in any other MMO is, that noone cares about group-content before max-level.

Farming equipment is pointless, as you level so fast, that you can use the equipment from heroics or lowbob-flashpoints for maximum two days.

I'm complaining about lack of group-content at LvL 50 if anything.

The problem, like in any other MMO is, that noone cares about group-content before max-level.

Farming equipment is pointless, as you level so fast, that you can use the equipment from heroics or lowbob-flashpoints for maximum two days.

I'm complaining about lack of group-content at LvL 50 if anything.

Actually you can get some very nice looking weapon and armor skins from heroic content which can be upgraded and stay with you till lvl 50. And after the new changes you can use mods from your lvl 50 epic gear in those armors and weapon skins.

Edited by Gorrdan

I agree, ther e is a lot of group content.

it's the 'player' who decides if he wants to group or not.

I am not one of those. I hate groups, especially the mentality of players.

I run heroics and FP's after the fact, solo. ( I'd rather see if I can pull it off myself then jsut run to the boss and loot for the sake of gear with impatient anonymous others...that's jsut my style)

...and...I'm gonna go on a limb here...I'm willing to bet most players prefer solo as well for most of the content....the queues and lfg requests prove that.

less of a headache to just ignore everyone else's madness. It works fine, I have gained everything I wanted to gain on two lvl 50's now, gear is attainable via many different routes in this game, both solo or group, pvp or pve, and that is wonderful... good purple endgame mods and gear all without having to deal with ninja looters, militaristic stat dictators, or those who feel it is necessary to run to the boss only.

thank you bioware for letting all styles of play have the ability to shine.

Edited by ArtMonster

The problem is complex. It is some of the get to max level mentality. But it is also by the larger margin BioWare/EA's fault.

Creating a game with content that people pass thru in seconds at lower levels, minutes at mid levels and hours at high levels means people never see the content or use it up so quickly there is no need to see it all. Case in point, commendations. By time you have obtained enough, you have outleveled the gear/ mods you can get with them. Frankly, the commendations given on a given planet should be for the next planet, but I digress.

Next, there is literally nothing to do beyond quest. There are no "shinies" as there are in other games that say to you "oh hey whats that". Such as collection quests that require you to assemble various items. The closest to this is the datacrons, yet there is no quest here that ties them together, such a wasted opportunity.

Finally, but not last as there are always things to improve or add; The economy is borked. A minor improvement would be to increase listing time to 2 weeks vs. 2 days. (This is surely a database issue for Bioware, but really it needs to be done.) Gear needs to break, this includes current crafted, raid, pvp, etc. There needs to be a reason for crafting to exist or just get rid of it.

Edited by hammarus

The problem is complex. It is some of the get to max level mentality. But it is also by the larger margin BioWare/EA's fault.

Creating a game with content that people pass thru in seconds at lower levels, minutes at mid levels and hours at high levels means people never see the content or use it up so quickly there is no need to see it all. Case in point, commendations. By time you have obtained enough, you have outleveled the gear/ mods you can get with them. Frankly, the commendations given on a given planet should be for the next planet, but I digress.

Next, there is literally nothing to do beyond quest. There are no "shinies" as there are in other games that say to you "oh hey whats that". Such as collection quests that require you to assemble various items. The closest to this is the datacrons, yet there is no quest here that ties them together, such a wasted opportunity.

Finally, but not last as there are always things to improve or add; The economy is borked. A minor improvement would be to increase listing time to 2 weeks vs. 2 days. (This is surely a database issue for Bioware, but really it needs to be done.) Gear needs to break, this includes current crafted, raid, pvp, etc. There needs to be a reason for crafting to exist or just get rid of it.

So i am the only ones who thinks that modifiable gear and weapon skins which stays with you till lvl 50 are worth getting it? you surely do not out level those as they stay with you till lvl 50 and also give option to try different looks while not losing your stats.

I agree, ther e is a lot of group content.

it's the 'player' who decides if he wants to group or not.

I am not one of those. I hate groups, especially the mentality of players.

I run heroics and FP's after the fact, solo. ( I'd rather see if I can pull it off myself then jsut run to the boss and loot for the sake of gear with impatient anonymous others...that's jsut my style)

...and...I'm gonna go on a limb here...I'm willing to bet most players prefer solo as well for most of the content....the queues and lfg requests prove that.

less of a headache to just ignore everyone else's madness. It works fine, I have gained everything I wanted to gain on two lvl 50's now, gear is attainable via many different routes in this game, both solo or group, pvp or pve, and that is wonderful... good purple endgame mods and gear all without having to deal with ninja looters, militaristic stat dictators, or those who feel it is necessary to run to the boss only.

thank you bioware for letting all styles of play have the ability to shine.

Just a question. Why do you play MMOs?

So i am the only ones who thinks that modifiable gear and weapon skins which stays with you till lvl 50 are worth getting it? you surely do not out level those as they stay with you till lvl 50 and also give option to try different looks while not losing your stats.

I use the orange gear too. And while I love the orange gear, I am beginning to think its part of the problem with crafting. But I wasn't strictly speaking of orange gear, I was looking at the other gear. It it serves no purpose BECAUSE you are in orange gear, why include it at all? I am speaking of creating content that has no function because the path of least resistance is littered with reasons not to bother with other routes.

Actually you can get some very nice looking weapon and armor skins from heroic content which can be upgraded and stay with you till lvl 50. And after the new changes you can use mods from your lvl 50 epic gear in those armors and weapon skins.

These orange items are useless. In 1.2 we'll be able to craft orange gear with augment-slost.

These orange items are useless. In 1.2 we'll be able to craft orange gear with augment-slost.

I was talking in terms of looks mostly, considering there is lack of appearance slots so all these gear pieces at least gives players an opportunity to look a little different from the crowd.

Many times players ask me about a particular weapon or armor skin i am wearing and i point them towards the heroic content.

Just a question. Why do you play MMOs?

While levelling I can take or leave grouping. I do not enjoy the challenge of being the first to click on a mob. I think that is stupid.

. I am quite happy for the whole levelling affair to be completely solo. If a heroic is said in general chat sure I'll go along. If a FP is said about in general then sure I'll go along to that as well.. But while not doing that I am out questing. I pick up heroics ofc but always untrack them

I like to raid at max level and run flash points. THis is where I group with others. Personally I need no more than 15 people to play with as long as they are there constantly and ready to play so I guess about 30 people is enougth for me.

Why do I need thousands of people to play and enjoy the game?

Edited by corbanite

The content is there. Its just really inconvenient to do them. The whole method of staying in one area spamming chat to form groups is so obsolete.

This. If I'm questing along, and I'm given a soloable quest, I can just do it when it's convenient. If you make it require others, now I have to: a) stop playing until I can convince others to join me and wait until they get there, or b) stop questing and get to another place on the map because someone else is at step a.

They need to make a way so that if I'm suddenly given a group quest, I can just jump into it as easily and without wasting time the same way I can do with every soloable quest.

I'm not anti-grouping or anti-challenge, I am anti-wasting-time. Having something be convenient is not the same as having it be easy.

I like the heroic content +2 and 4s but the reward isn't worth the time in a lot of cases.

These places can add hours onto a planet and not give you much exp/loot, people that have played MMOs for a long time now know that they are best played making good use of your time. Considering on a lot of servers the fleet can be quite empty where do you spam for FPs?

I don't feel I rush through content and I certainly do not skip anything but so much of the group content requires a massive time-sink to just get a group which is a waste.

I'd suggest getting a guild or making one with people all around your level and try to group with them often. If you cannot make or find a guild like this you may just have to rely on luck for groups.

it's been a trend for a while in mmo's now, i see complaints in many mmo's about there being not enough solo content, just seems like allot of the mmo playerbase just does not want to group, in a social game, myself I like a good mix like they have here in TOR, I can solo advance my toon, but me and my friends or guildies can group and hang out, run heroics or flash points, good fun, I dunno why some people even bother with a social game, but I guess to each thier own../shrug