Rakling and Other new 1.2 Pets

Jenemi

Since there is a Tauntaun thread and a Orobird thread, when this was posted in the Orobird thread:

I figured it'd be a good idea to make a topic for it too. There have been three Raklings posted on databases and considering how it's gone with the Orobird and Tauntaun, I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 were available as one obviously is and like the Orobirds and Tauntauns, is linked in a set of 3.

Midnight Rakling - Hard Mode Lost Island Bosses.

Crimson Rakling - Gotten from completing the "Tracking the Origin" Quest during the Rakghoul Pandemic Event on Tatooine.

Pale Rakling - Bought from Jeelvic in the Dune Sea (X:-896, Y:-925 during the event period only) for 60 DNA Samples which you get from completing quests and/or exploding from Raghoul disease during the Rakghoul Pandemic Event on Tatooine.

However, considering these aren't even mentioned in the patch notes, this brings up the question of just how many other pets there may be?

With 1.3, 6 more pets are introduced (Once again, both in sets of 3), some new Akk Dog Pets and Lobel pets:

Gannifari - Given to all users as a Thank you through Mail during the first week of August 2012 for using the Server Transfer system and/or already being on a Destination Server by 12:59AM EST on July 31st, 2012.

Lawgriffarl - Requires Rank 70 Valor. Costs 1,000 Ranked Commendations and 2,000 Warzone Commendations. Gotten from the PVP Items Vendor.

Hagnoffarl - Gotten as a reward for completing "The Grand Acquisitions Race".

Lobelisk - Requires Rank 70 Valor. Costs 1,000 Ranked Commendations and 2,000 Warzone Commendations. Gotten from the PVP Items Vendor.

Lobelot - Can be bought from Shady Dealer in the Lower Promenade (X:-921, Y:-767 during the event period only) for 250 Tokens of Enrichment which you get from completing quests related to the Grand Acquisitions Race and finding Smuggler's Crates. You also have a chance of getting a Lobelot from a Smuggler's Crate.

Lobelode - ???

Any one who would like to contribute...please do.

Edited by Jenemi

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt even kno this one existed i want it, I must fill my collection.:eek:

It was noted on the old PTS topic that they were in the databases (and new in the databases), but nobody actually expected them to be able to be gotten in 1.2 (as the Tauntauns have been listed on the databases for a long time as have the Orobirds) so most kind of just shrugged it off. Nobody ever got them, so I'm guessing it's either rare or not many people did Lost Island (or just most that did never noticed the topics or thought to say anything).

My SI wants a new Rakling to follow him around!

I think a lot of people will want them.

I personally want all the pets, but with so many of them being random drop, I'm really feeling the weight of discouragement :( Not to mention the fact that these weren't even noted in the patch notes makes me worry about how many other things we may be missing and don't even know about.

I think a lot of people will want them.

I personally want all the pets, but with so many of them being random drop, I'm really feeling the weight of discouragement :( Not to mention the fact that these weren't even noted in the patch notes makes me worry about how many other things we may be missing and don't even know about.

That is the fun though right? The devs had given us breadcrumbs to have the tresure hunt and now we learned there may be a lot more maps we have yet to discover!

Besides, the mix of pets is probably to create a tier of rarity and make it available. I am sure on some servers, farming the eggspot for its respawn (which is long) takes up time and to elleviate it, if you are not picky, you can get it froma FP (which still may need to be farmed to even get the drop let alone win it).

Anyhow, it excites me. You shouldn't feel discouraged! Stuff like this is what makes MMOs fun to explore!

Edit: There doesn't seem to be a known reptile pet. Perhaps we can get a baby varactyl? :3

Edited by Forgon

That is the fun though right? The devs had given us breadcrumbs to have the tresure hunt and now we learned there may be a lot more maps we have yet to discover!

Besides, the mix of pets is probably to create a tier of rarity and make it available. I am sure on some servers, farming the eggspot for its respawn (which is long) takes up time and to elleviate it, if you are not picky, you can get it froma FP (which still may need to be farmed to even get the drop let alone win it).

Anyhow, it excites me. You shouldn't feel discouraged! Stuff like this is what makes MMOs fun to explore!

Edit: There doesn't seem to be a known reptile pet. Perhaps we can get a baby varactyl? :3

Sort of. I prefer knowing it exists and finding out how to get it over just...stumbling upon it randomly because then I'll stress over something that may not even exist yet. However, the egg spot respawn and flash point ones are different eggs and look different when hatched so... But I was really hoping they'd just be adventuring and exploring--not trying to farm things to get them to drop.

Especially as everytime I've tried to get a group together not for Gargath, some other team comes in and kills him for the new vehicle quest :|

(I believe there was a Tynock (Tiny Mynock) in Beta or at least in the data then. Not that it's come over.)

I'm half tempted to just start going to all the little baby pets I've seen around and just start trying to click them with the NVSCSS and see if it does anything.

Sort of. I prefer knowing it exists and finding out how to get it over just...stumbling upon it randomly because then I'll stress over something that may not even exist yet. However, the egg spot respawn and flash point ones are different eggs and look different when hatched so... But I was really hoping they'd just be adventuring and exploring--not trying to farm things to get them to drop.

Especially as everytime I've tried to get a group together not for Gargath, some other team comes in and kills him for the new vehicle quest :|

(I believe there was a Tynock (Tiny Mynock) in Beta or at least in the data then. Not that it's come over.)

I'm half tempted to just start going to all the little baby pets I've seen around and just start trying to click them with the NVSCSS and see if it does anything.

A Mynock would be a cool pet. There are a lot of them I would love to see. Well, unless we get a dev response or somebody's discovery, it is probably best not to pull at straws.

Let us just assume there is several raklings (like orobirds and tauntauns). If so, where do we get them? Taris. Now how do we get them? We need to find out.

A Mynock would be a cool pet. There are a lot of them I would love to see. Well, unless we get a dev response or somebody's discovery, it is probably best not to pull at straws.

Let us just assume there is several raklings (like orobirds and tauntauns). If so, where do we get them? Taris. Now how do we get them? We need to find out.

Yeah, definitely. Part of why I didn't include it in the first post.

It would definitely make sense for all 3 to be available considering how its going... Taris is definitely a good place to look, but I wouldn't say just there considering it's only been found from the Lost Island Flashpoint so far (However, the confirmation I got from someone else ALSO got the Midnight so whether the other two can also drop from there is unknown, but considering how the Tauntauns and Orobirds have gone thus far, it's probably Midnight only there).

Yeah, definitely. Part of why I didn't include it in the first post.

It would definitely make sense for all 3 to be available considering how its going... Taris is definitely a good place to look, but I wouldn't say just there considering it's only been found from the Lost Island Flashpoint so far (However, the confirmation I got from someone else ALSO got the Midnight so whether the other two can also drop from there is unknown, but considering how the Tauntauns and Orobirds have gone thus far, it's probably Midnight only there).

Well, would there be any eggs or something? I told people on my server and my guild and they got excited. We plan to start farming Lost Island now to all try to work at it. I love a community. :)

Makes sense too since it spreads the rewards around for certain players. Probably if you get one on Taris too, it would be an area where they breed or there would be a research facility (rakling in a test tube?) so I am going to check Taris at some point to see if I can find anything there.

Ok so this is amazing, I want one of those right now. Last night me and my guild got up to the last boss of LI but after spending 4 hours and 3am time on the clock, we were just to tired to try him anymore, so we gave up. Now we must beat him !

4hour cooldown is insane! I know i know the pet is meant 2b rare. :rolleyes: I thought th Tauntaun was 2b mailed to us on April 24th? Is there another way 2 get one?

I recommend you go read the Tauntaun thread (at least the first post in it), this is what it's there for.