Why are people allowed to need on armor they can't use?

See this happen a lot in Flashpoints, people roll on armor which they have absolutely no use for, and claim they are doing it to take the mods out and sell. Or they just say nothing and leave the group instantly.

Why haven't you implemented a failsafe for this? WoW has had this for quite a while, in that game you can't roll on armor types that you can't use. Would it really be that hard to make people unable to roll on need armor that is either an armor type you simply can't use, or it has stats you can't utilize at all.

Please, put an end to this ninja ********. It's really frustrating, it ruins a lot of fun in the game and the latest incident makes me think twice before joining any Flashpoint group.

Edited by Crowleyz

One issue would be that then nobody would be able to roll for gear to their companions. On several occasions Ive done runs where nobody have needed any of the drops for themselves, but for their companions.

Their will always be ppl in multiplayer games that are idiots - and there is no way to get away from that. There is probably several solutions to this problem, but the people who cant be trusted will still try to ruin others gaming experience.

So the best thing one can do is just to ignore them and keep having a blast. After all, it is a game and games are suppose to be fun. Otherwise, whats the point?

get better people to play honestly

tell the op leader to kick players who that without valid reason immediately.

when i need to for something not for my class i ask people, if they say yes then i need otherwise pass. as a trooper i need smuggler stuff if no1 needs it. then i send to my alt gunslinger.

Because the loot system is bad. That's the only answer I really have for you. It's to your benefit to only run with people you know. This really limits the amount of group content you can cover, but that's what happens with an incomplete system. You take your chances running with a pug. As long as it's only leveling gear then it's not such a bad thing. You really have to worry if you're pugging for level 50 content, though.

Just a horrible, too-easy-to-****-you-over system. I know their chief arguement against this is "play with people you know", but honestly, I like meeting new people in MMO's, and a way to do that is by doing Flashpoints with pugs. I've added a new person to my friends list with every Flashpoint I've done, but when some douchebag decides to ruin that by ninjaing stuff it puts a damper on the mood.

Just a horrible, too-easy-to-****-you-over system. I know their chief arguement against this is "play with people you know", but honestly, I like meeting new people in MMO's, and a way to do that is by doing Flashpoints with pugs. I've added a new person to my friends list with every Flashpoint I've done, but when some douchebag decides to ruin that by ninjaing stuff it puts a damper on the mood.

There's a million things wrong with grouping in this game. A few of the big ones are:

1) No LFG system what-so-ever. The whole "/1 LFG!" antic is sorely outdated. It's been years since a game has digressed to that archaic failure of a system. Why Bioware thought it was ok to release the game without any LFG tools of any kind is beyond me.

2) Master looter system is broken. No /roll or /random function. So we set the loot o master looter to prevent ninjaing. How are we supposed to divide it up? Do I tell people to roll a die across their keyboard?

3) In place loot system is ninja friendly. This what you've brought up. You can need on anything, whether you actually need it or not. Hell, I can need on it if I intend to vendor it. You needed that Columi head piece? Sorry, my pockets are more important than your gear progression.

Needless to say, grouping in this game needs some work.

History of life if people can do something without consequences they will do it.

If no one got arrested for theft then you have everyone mass looting.

Same here they just do it because they are able to .

First it was "companion can use" then it " i can remove the mods" etc.

The looting option in this game are pretty much ancient and needs review.

I expect by 2012 we have a loot option which was easy to tailor to the group need.

There's a million things wrong with grouping in this game. A few of the big ones are:

1) No LFG system what-so-ever. The whole "/1 LFG!" antic is sorely outdated. It's been years since a game has digressed to that archaic failure of a system. Why Bioware thought it was ok to release the game without any LFG tools of any kind is beyond me.

2) Master looter system is broken. No /roll or /random function. So we set the loot o master looter to prevent ninjaing. How are we supposed to divide it up? Do I tell people to roll a die across their keyboard?

3) In place loot system is ninja friendly. This what you've brought up. You can need on anything, whether you actually need it or not. Hell, I can need on it if I intend to vendor it. You needed that Columi head piece? Sorry, my pockets are more important than your gear progression.

Needless to say, grouping in this game needs some work.

+1 qft

/thread

WoW has had this for quite a while, in that game you can't roll on armor types that you can't use.

Once again, this isn't WoW, if you miss is so much, please go back to it ^_^. Also, Companions, as said above many times, and not to mention Mods for your own gear that the armor/wep might have.

There is a group system, people are just to lazy/unaware of it's existence because they are...lazy lol.

Master looter system is broken.

How? It seems to work for me...

Edited by Yetiquette

Once again, this isn't WoW, if you miss is so much, please go back to it ^_^. Also, Companions, as said above many times, and not to mention Mods for your own gear that the armor/wep might have.

There is a group system, people are just to lazy/unaware of it's existence because they are...lazy lol.

Your entire argument is "nuh uh!". Typical fan boi response. You'd rather circle jerk to the game than have it fixed so it actually survives and gets bigger. Some community you run.

We know this isn't WoW but that doesn't mean SWTOR should be years behind it. Also, if people aren't using this existing LFG tool obvious something is wrong with it, right?

If you take a moment and think about it, SWTOR doesn't have any system or tools that are developed in the past years for better MMO experience. No LFG tool, no macros, no addons, no guild banks, and so on. And it doesn't matter if some likes them or not, we were all using them. For a Sci-Fi game it sure feels like a gameplay from the past.

Your entire argument is "nuh uh!". Typical fan boi response. You'd rather circle jerk to the game than have it fixed so it actually survives and gets bigger. Some community you run.

Lol, I really like how you perfectly described your own reply ^_^

We know this isn't WoW but that doesn't mean SWTOR should be years behind it. Also, if people aren't using this existing LFG tool obvious something is wrong with it, right?

If you take a moment and think about it, SWTOR doesn't have any system or tools that are developed in the past years for better MMO experience. No LFG tool, no macros, no addons, no guild banks, and so on. And it doesn't matter if some likes them or not, we were all using them. For a Sci-Fi game it sure feels like a gameplay from the past.

There is one, you speak, like it doesn't exist, but it does. They said they don't want Macro's and I support that decision, from what I've seen from WoW gameplay, they just make things way too easy, it's stupid IMHO. They are adding Guild banks, maybe you should read the patch notes and future updates.

Once again, this isn't WoW, if you miss is so much, please go back to it ^_^.

Dear ignorant douche,

All the people that play SWTOR are doing so because they in part do not want to play WoW. I know this is difficult to understand, logic and reasoning are tasks not suited for everyone. Furthermore, comparing a game to a direct competitor, in fact comparing any product to a direct competitor and asking for improvements to bring it up to par, is not a statement that one wishes to own or operate the competing product at all. Quite the contrary, one would not bother making such comparisons if one was not at all interested in continuing to operate the current product that was the basis of the comparison in the first place. While this is by far the most popular arguement in the Fanboi Handbook™, it is highly advised that attempting to maintain individuality and making coherent arguements based on one's own creativity is by far a prefferable solution to following the handbook line by line. That is to say, this arguement is pointless, lazy and does not help improve the game in any way what so ever. If you are indeed happy with your product remaining sub-par compared to the opposing products, one could reasonably argue that you were one of the unfortunates that didn't get handed an appropriate amount of "baggage" when the destination(Earth) was reached. If you wish to redeem yourself, may we suggest showing a certain amount of interest in improving the product for the benefit of current and future customers, so as the product, and in fact the community, can grow and flourish instead of succumbing to a high rate of entropy and decay the likes of similiar products that have been introduced the latest years. Hope this helps, have a pleasant day.

Sincerely,

Disappointed

PS: I am happy to see that a member of the opposition, that is to say, the ninjas, have joined our discussion and uttered his opinions demonstrating his complete lack of any analytical ability what so ever. This only helps further our point and our cause. Thank you.

Edited by Crowleyz

The Need - Greed - Disassemble - Pass system could be improved immensely, by adding a "Companion" option between Need & Greed, and disabling the "Need" and "Companion" buttons for specific loot drops if they were not relevant for a character or their companion (or if the loot is relevant but the character already has a better piece of equipment).

That would itself produce a ton of QQ on the forums, but it would be much better than the current cluster****.

Dear ignorant douche,

All the people that play SWTOR are doing so because they in part do not want to play WoW. I know this is difficult to understand, logic and reasoning are tasks not suited for everyone. Furthermore, comparing a game to a direct competitor, in fact comparing any product to a direct competitor and asking for improvements to bring it up to par, is not a statement that one wishes to own or operate the competing product at all. Quite the contrary, one would not bother making such comparisons if one was not at all interested in continuing to operate the current product that was the basis of the comparison in the first place. While this is by far the most popular arguement in the Fanboi Handbook™, it is highly advised that attempting to maintain individuality and making coherent arguements based on one's own creativity is by far a prefferable solution to following the handbook line by line. That is to say, this arguement is pointless, lazy and does not help improve the game in any way what so ever. If you are indeed happy with your product remaining sub-par compared to the opposing products, one could reasonably argue that you were one of the unfortunates that didn't get handed an appropriate amount of "baggage" when the destination(Earth) was reached. If you wish to redeem yourself, may we suggest showing a certain amount of interest in improving the product for the benefit of current and future customers, so as the product, and in fact the community, can grow and flourish instead of succumbing to a high rate of entropy and decay the likes of similiar products that have been introduced the latest years. Hope this helps, have a pleasant day.

Sincerely,

Disappointed

PS: I am happy to see that a member of the opposition, that is to say, the ninjas, have joined our discussion and uttered his opinions demonstrating his complete lack of any analytical ability what so ever. This only helps further our point and our cause. Thank you.

Oh dear, looks like I really hit close to home there. Regardless, I'm all for making the game better, Which in my opinion, add ons, and Macros would only decrease gameplay satisfaction. Saying that all people that play SW:TOR play because they don't want to play WoW is an extremely odd statement. Some people still play both, and some play because they want to play SW:TOR not to not play WoW. Anyways, I brought up WoW, because it's getting redundant seeing the ex WoW players compare the two, when they are in fact different games, just because the have the same basic mechanics doesn't mean they should generally be the same gameplay experience, which is what people like you are after. You want it to feel like WoW but not be WoW because you love it but want something different visually after all these years.

Edited by Yetiquette

Everyone just needs to shut up. Your mad that this game is not wow, when it has been out for a month and wow has been out for years. Seriously shut up your so effin stupid. All you do is cry like little girls when something does not go your way. Grow up man. The game will change after it has been out for a while are they start fixing everything and changing it because there sick of hearing you all cry. I mean your so mad that this game is not wow. God forbid this company mad a new game and not wow with star wars themes. They made an awsome game that is diffrent from WOW. If you dont have people to play with and have to play with random people, you should expect that **** to happen. People might need the gear for another toon they have or for the compaion. Or maybe the just greedy people. Gonna happen when over a million people play the game, there is bound to be some a holes out there. Get over it run the raid again. Join a guild raid with them get some people you have played with before that are cool dudes and play with them. Just stop being a baby and crying on the fourms every time you dont get your way

I cannot agree with the make it so you cannot roll on items you cannot use. Because in a way they can if they're ripping out the mods. I like that capability. I think it's a shame that they did so over a person who needed it for an upgrade, In which case they should have hit greed while you hit need.

But, unfortunately, that's the risk you take if you don't play with people you know for these things. I would like to think they're the minority. But I don't think that you should restrict the ability to make a profit or use mods out of other armor or equip your companions, because some random dude in your group is an ***.

Master looter does need roll support though.

companions

Simple need/companion need/greed/pass system that has been suggested dozens of times.

Restrict classes that get nothing out of the gear from rolling need. Agents can't need Aim gear, Warriors can't need Willpower gear, etc. Everyone can companion need/greed/pass.

The Need - Greed - Disassemble - Pass system could be improved immensely, by adding a "Companion" option between Need & Greed, and disabling the "Need" and "Companion" buttons for specific loot drops if they were not relevant for a character or their companion (or if the loot is relevant but the character already has a better piece of equipment).

That would itself produce a ton of QQ on the forums, but it would be much better than the current cluster****.

A logical idea. Good stuff man

No there is no LFG system ****. Seriously you people defending the lack of a LFG system need to be shot. Yes its my idea of a good time to sit in Imperial fleet for 30+ minutes while looking for group. Why not have a global *********** channel so I can quest and spam. Even that would be better then the BS they are using.

Ohh joy I can flag myself LFG...lol ancient way to find groups and people defend it. Id be willing to bet they will lose ~25% of subs because people want to play the *********** game and not in somewhere spamming /1 LFG "insert random flashpoint'

One issue would be that then nobody would be able to roll for gear to their companions. On several occasions Ive done runs where nobody have needed any of the drops for themselves, but for their companions.

Their will always be ppl in multiplayer games that are idiots - and there is no way to get away from that. There is probably several solutions to this problem, but the people who cant be trusted will still try to ruin others gaming experience.

So the best thing one can do is just to ignore them and keep having a blast. After all, it is a game and games are suppose to be fun. Otherwise, whats the point?

Ok how about this:

They make it where you cant need on items you need, but make an button for companions. Make it count as greed and disassemble.

Need>Greed=Companion=Disassemble.

Should make things even

People would still lie.

And the LFG is lacking but it will work if your not lazy, Works fine for me when I need to pick someone up, I just look to see who is LFG ask them what there class is and see if they want to join, SIMPLE. Just cant be lazy pos who wants the game to do everything for them.

People would still lie.

And the LFG is lacking but it will work if your not lazy, Works fine for me when I need to pick someone up, I just look to see who is LFG ask them what there class is and see if they want to join, SIMPLE. Just cant be lazy pos who wants the game to do everything for them.

I wouldnt say its for lazy people. I think the LFG would help make things easier. I, for one , whenever i want to do a fp, i go to the thfleet and broadcast. If i dont get any reply, i just search who is on at the fleet, or on planets with similar lvl zones, then i just send whispers to them. I send out "dps, tank, or heal for ______ flashpoint?" I found out that some people dont read the general chat cause of trolls, but hearing a little beeping noise is sure to get people attention.