Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Ages?

LtGeneralGezlin
10.15.2012 , 06:53 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
The date of reference given for the year that the story begins is 3640 BBY. I assume that is the date from which companion ages are calculated, as it is the baseline stated in the SWTOR Encyclopedia.
I figured that from an in-universe prospective, the game is set from 3643 to 3641, and the Encyclopedia is in 3640. (At least that's what I think.)
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
55 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 46 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 55 Marauder, 53 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

Maaruin
10.15.2012 , 06:45 PM | #72
Most ages seem reasonable, but some... I expected differently. Most of this has been already said.

Quote: Originally Posted by Eightus View Post
Jedi Consular:
Lieutenant Felix Iresso - age 31
Nadia Grell - age 22
Tharan Cedrax - age 29
Zenith - age 36
Qyzen Fess - age Unknown(claims to be middle-aged)
I agree, Nadia clearly isn't 22. I'd place her at 19 in my most generous moments.

Rest sounds about right. I'm especially proud they did get Zenith right.

Quote:
Sith Warrior:
Lieutenant Pierce - age 29
Jaesa Willsaam - age 21
Broonmark - age Unknown
Vette - age 21
Malavai Quinn - age 37
Vette is 17 when you get her, turns 18 on Nar Shadda (first flirt option is on Tatooine and we want to avoid squick) and is 19 at the end.

Quinn could be 37, if he was indeed the product of Imperial genetic programs. (I agree that Pierce seems older than 29, though.)

Well, I know I can't overwrite canon, but that's how the companions feel. Thanks for the list, anyways.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

_biddan_
10.19.2012 , 05:03 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Vette is 17 when you get her, turns 18 on Nar Shadda (first flirt option is on Tatooine and we want to avoid squick) and is 19 at the end.
wrong,vette is as old as risha,and risha is confirmed to be 21 by dialogues with her,so vette is 21 at the start and 23 at the end.

and btw nobody commented of the fact that talos is 27 when he clearly looks middle aged.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Tatile
10.19.2012 , 05:13 AM | #74
No way in hell is Talos Drellik 27, that has to be a typo.

Maaruin
10.19.2012 , 01:42 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
wrong,vette is as old as risha,and risha is confirmed to be 21 by dialogues with her,so vette is 21 at the start and 23 at the end.
Yeah, you're right (given the list), she just seemed younger to me.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

AshlaBoga
10.19.2012 , 02:28 PM | #76
They must have switched Pierce and Quinn. Cause there's no way they got that part right.

Also, Xalek's real name - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Asheris
10.20.2012 , 01:36 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
No way in hell is Talos Drellik 27, that has to be a typo.
True, that seems way off. I always gived him at least 50.

Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
They must have switched Pierce and Quinn. Cause there's no way they got that part right.
I agree that Pierce does sound older than 29 but why would Quinn be younger? He spent the last 10 years on Balmorra and that was before he got to the rank of liutenant, he had to have a career before that.

AelixVII
10.20.2012 , 05:01 AM | #78
Just want to confirm:

All the ages quoted in the OP appear exactly the same as in the Old Republic Encyclopedia. I have just double checked each one so any typos would be down to the authors not the person who copied down the ages.

They are questionable but they are canon.

Edit: Here is an example of Talos. Apologies for the slightly muddy quality.

Tatile
10.20.2012 , 05:21 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by AelixVII View Post
They are questionable but they are canon.[/B]
Gross typos do still make their way to print and, frankly, I still don't believe that Talos is 27. He's just so... not twenty-seven.

If the Q&A were still around we could ask them about it, seems like the type of question they'd be happy answering.