Switching Sides

Eljamel

Imagine this:

You are Sith, but you are a kind Sith and you don't want to be Sith anymore, you want to be a Jedi!

And vice versa Jedi to Sith

If you are at a certain Light or Dark level a quest activates allowing you to change sides.

Then guilds and PvP will have Sith and Jedi!

Think about it devs.

:D

Seems like somebody's forgetting Praven.

I killed him. but I did just watch the other way around to deal with Praven and I have to say that I didn't like how his transition was faster than a flipped coin. Obviously lord Praven was a fan service for people to get thier own sith to redeem, just like sith classes do in the other faction. Except that this felt too rushed.

I killed him. but I did just watch the other way around to deal with Praven and I have to say that I didn't like how his transition was faster than a flipped coin. Obviously lord Praven was a fan service for people to get thier own sith to redeem, just like sith classes do in the other faction. Except that this felt too rushed.

I personally never felt it was rushed. In fact, I really liked the character of Praven and would have liked it to have him as my companion. He's a character bound by honor and duty, he's not the a-typical malevolent Sith Lord who takes joy in killing and suffering. The Jedi Knight can show him a way of life from what he is used to, but where he can live to his fullest potential. Had Praven returned to Angral, he would have killed him for his failure.

"Accepting a sworn enemy into one's ranks without fear... that is strength."

Even a "kind" sith would not want to become a jedi, cuz that would absolutely deprive him of his freedom.

But maybe a blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy pacient sith would join the jedi. :)

This. I think somebody with sufficient training to have at least made it off Korriban alive would be quite reluctant to join the Jedi after literally clawing his way out of hell on his own despite everyone's--even the planet itself--best efforts. All the while he's had the Sith code hammered into his head, and believes--because he lived it himself--that his chains are broken and the Force has set him free. He's not going to have an easy time submitting to the stringent and rigorous monk-like lifestyle of the highly repressed and tightly controlled Jedi.

Likewise, I suspect most Jedi hold the Jedi code almost as a code of morality and even the average padawan likely wouldn't abandon it so readily or easily. In fact, I think Jaesa's face-heel-turn is a game mechanic and little more.

There are folks who would want to defect, and it could be interesting from an RP perspective, but in addition to reasons already mentioned, it would be mechanically awkward to pull off. Your Sith Warrior defects and begins training as a Jedi Knight. And loses the accent that comes with his native tongue and in fact his whole voice changes because it's far too costly to bring the voice actor back just to mirror the JK lines. Nevermind the Inquisitor to Consular voice discrepancy....

Meanwhile, the class stories I've played have allowed enough wiggle room for the "I wish I could defect but my work here isn't done" type of character trying to change the Empire from the inside. Light side Sith Warrior fits this to a T, and strikes me as a character that rather than defecting would simply slowly implement his/her agenda behind the scenes in the same insidious way his master works. Other class stories almost seem to leave it open ended enough that one could easily see the character defecting sometime soon after the class story concludes.

It'd be neat if we could defect and actually have some continuity to reflect that choice, but mechanically it's a huge and expensive undertaking to implement. All the same, were such an option available my Juggernaut and Mercenary would likely jump right on it.

Edited by eldefail