Trying to get Social Points

So I just ran Athiss (republic side) and got a grand total of 2 social points. At that rate I need to run it another 279 times to get to Social 2. I thought Flashpoints where the best way to gain social points? If so, which is the best FP to gain them from, please? If FP are not, which is the best way to get them, please?

So I just ran Athiss (republic side) and got a grand total of 2 social points. At that rate I need to run it another 279 times to get to Social 2. I thought Flashpoints where the best way to gain social points? If so, which is the best FP to gain them from, please? If FP are not, which is the best way to get them, please?

Social points are based on the conversations and who gets the higher roll in the conversation usually gets the higher number of social points. The best FP (republic side) to run for social points is the Essles and I would recommend a group of 4 as you get more social points that way.

Also try grouping on heroics and just normal quests. I have a friend that is almost at social 2 and she is now just getting to balmorra, though her and her friend constantly group when they are playing.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Social points are based on the conversations and who gets the higher roll in the conversation usually gets the higher number of social points. The best FP (republic side) to run for social points is the Essles and I would recommend a group of 4 as you get more social points that way.

Also try grouping on heroics and just normal quests. I have a friend that is almost at social 2 and she is now just getting to balmorra, though her and her friend constantly group when they are playing.

I know that and I also know that I'm more than the 3 levels above Esseles so won't get bugger all SP. What I'm getting at is what FP has a lot of dialogue options in? The character in question is level 20 so I'm above Esseles and Hammer station and just inside the bracket for Athiss. Neither Hammer nor Athiss have much in the way of dialogue.

I know that and I also know that I'm more than the 3 levels above Esseles so won't get bugger all SP. What I'm getting at is what FP has a lot of dialogue options in? The character in question is level 20 so I'm above Esseles and Hammer station and just inside the bracket for Athiss. Neither Hammer nor Athiss have much in the way of dialogue.

If you're trying to just receive Social Points, your character level doesn't matter. You can run Esseles as many times as you want with a group and still be rewarded social points; you just won't be receiving the benefit of XP or worthwhile gear drops.

Edited by Dorin_Kai

The Essles (for republic) or Black Talon (for empire) like I said is the best fp for social points no matter the level.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

I read it was changed in 1.3 though. If you're 3 levels above you don't get them.

You get them no matter the level. I ran my level 42 Jedi Shadow through the other day and she got social points, just no xp but I was doing it for social points.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Level doesn't matter for social points, only being part of a conversation.

Leveling with a friend (or at least, picking up the conversations with a friend at the beginning) will give you social points too. Some people run Black Talon normal mode even at level 50 to farm social points, just tell some people you are looking for black talon social run.

Yep, if you want to have a specific social rank really fast (for example you uh really want the uhh I don't know-social armor from planet whatever), you can just ask peopl on general chat on your fleet for an esseles/black talon social run. Well this is at least what a lot of people do on my server.

I read it was changed in 1.3 though. If you're 3 levels above you don't get them.

Bosses/bonus quests give you social points now if your in a group, if your 3 levels above that boss you wont get them, is what Bioware was saying, convos still get you the social.