Faction Transfers to Solve Imbalance

Fleshrocket

Why not allow faction transfers to occur only from the higher population faction to the lower population faction? I would gladly transfer my sith assassin over to a jedi shadow, but I can't bring myself to level a jedi shadow to 50. Is this a feature they may implement someday? Do you see any negatives with allowing this? My server is almost 3 to 1 in favor of the Empire, and huttball is getting very old.

Care to elaborate?

It's not that it's garunteed TO Backfire, it's just that it has the potential TO backfire.

Example: Everyone transfers from Republic to Empire because they're 'tired of losing.'

There's no garuntee the switch would be smooth.

But, you would not be allowed to switch from Republic to Empire, unless there are more Republic players then Empire players. And there should be a long cooldown (3-6 months or more) after faction transferring.

this is one of things that could backfire say you and group of friends transfer to the other side and 2 of them can not transfer since the other side is not low pop anymore in other words it is a flawed system that could potentially lose customers.

this is one of things that could backfire say you and group of friends transfer to the other side and 2 of them can not transfer since the other side is not low pop anymore in other words it is a flawed system that could potentially lose customers.

This is true, I could see that as a potential negative, but don't you think they may be losing just as many subscriptions by people getting sick of playing huttball 9 times out of 10? Also, if you were to faction transfer, this would be an assumed risk you would knowingly be taking, and even though it would be no fault of Biowares, I could definitely see people being upset about the scenario you mentioned.

This is true, I could see that as a potential negative, but don't you think they may be losing just as many subscriptions by people getting sick of playing huttball 9 times out of 10? Also, if you were to faction transfer, this would be an assumed risk you would knowingly be taking, and even though it would be no fault of Biowares, I could definitely see people being upset about the scenario you mentioned.

the reason why we get huttball so much is because it is the only warzone that offers to fight against the same faction which in other words mean more of a chance to come up in the rotation now if the other warzones offered the same it would fix that problem.

the reason why we get huttball so much is because it is the only warzone that offers to fight against the same faction which in other words mean more of a chance to come up in the rotation now if the other warzones offered the same it would fix that problem.

Yes, that would be another way to solve the issue, but I don't think the "lore" would allow that to happen. However, in a future expansion, it could make sense for a character to defect from the empire and join the republic and vice versa. Bioware could even make it so faction transfers weren't instant and you had to complete a questline allowing you to do so. (I'm not a lore guy, but I know a lot of people are)