Maul Spam BS

omeru

*** was BW dev team thinking when they give a class 3 stacks of 60k+ spam on a no cd ability? I doubt they were even thiniking just randomly adding stuff. With double vanish utility you can spam 9 auto crit 60k+ mauls in less than 20 sec. Imagive enemy team having multiple sins and it is what will happen when season starts. You cannot make 1 ability this OP wanna give auto crits? give it once in every X seconds not 9 times in 20 sec.When you add something in game just think how it will effect the game dont do it just it lloks cool on paper.

*** was BW dev team thinking when they give a class 3 stacks of 60k+ spam on a no cd ability? I doubt they were even thiniking just randomly adding stuff. With double vanish utility you can spam 9 auto crit 60k+ mauls in less than 20 sec. Imagive enemy team having multiple sins and it is what will happen when season starts. You cannot make 1 ability this OP wanna give auto crits? give it once in every X seconds not 9 times in 20 sec.When you add something in game just think how it will effect the game dont do it just it lloks cool on paper.

I can spam 5 energy burst of 47k in the window of 30 seconds under focus on AP PT

You guys do know you need to be behind the target to get the biggest hits, if they are getting 9 of those on you in that time frame, there is a serious problem with what you are doing.

Most of the players I’m coming up against have already learnt how to negate most of the opener if there are Sins around. So getting those “3” opener Mauls in is also unlikely unless people just stand there and let it happen.

Sins mainly do the biggest hits on the opener. The rest of the damage rotation(s) are ho-hum compared to some of the constant big hits other burst specs can do through out the fight.

PTs, Maras, Juggs, Snipers and Operatives can burst more often than a sin can. If you are getting jumped by 2 or 3 sins from stealth, then that’s a different story, but no different than getting jumped by 2-3 OPs or any class for that matter. 3 snipers, 3 Mercs, 3 Juggs/maras will also cause you the same issue.

The only problem with sins and even operatives at the moment is they can stealth out and switch tactical’s. That’s the only OP feature that needs fixing. Once that’s done, people will be wondering what all the fuss was with Sins,

You guys do know you need to be behind the target to get the biggest hits, if they are getting 9 of those on you in that time frame, there is a serious problem with what you are doing.

Most of the players I’m coming up against have already learnt how to negate most of the opener if there are Sins around. So getting those “3” opener Mauls in is also unlikely unless people just stand there and let it happen.

Sins mainly do the biggest hits on the opener. The rest of the damage rotation(s) are ho-hum compared to some of the constant big hits other burst specs can do through out the fight.

PTs, Maras, Juggs, Snipers and Operatives can burst more often than a sin can. If you are getting jumped by 2 or 3 sins from stealth, then that’s a different story, but no different than getting jumped by 2-3 OPs or any class for that matter. 3 snipers, 3 Mercs, 3 Juggs/maras will also cause you the same issue.

The only problem with sins and even operatives at the moment is they can stealth out and switch tactical’s. That’s the only OP feature that needs fixing. Once that’s done, people will be wondering what all the fuss was with Sins,

You assume they are gonna fix it? 😂

SIn dps must be nerfed. Period. No way one class can double vanish, swap to life warden, guard team mates and cc chain ww-leg slash-stun with 60 k crits

Edited by omaan

Next year mb or in 2022. As it was with mercs, how many years they was in METHa keyboard facepalm turning? 2, 3 or?

Get killed by sin with 67K maul today. My mauls on my sin is 27-30K on sorcs without bubble.:wea_03:

Need to farm dat set and be 306 min max tho.

Actually what they do is running to u and spam mauls - its absolutely braindead deception sin gameplay. Dunno who invented this 1000 iq rotation? I even don't want to play like that in future, ty. I suggets no nerf this poor game design set into the ground and give something even worse, but interesting instead.

Edited by helpmewin

[...]Sins mainly do the biggest hits on the opener.[...]

That's not entirely true. What do you define as "opener"? I would call the opener a timeframe of 4, or 5 seconds after entering the fight. But Sins can delay their autocrit burst several seconds at their will. The autorcrit stacks of the deathknell set last 20 seconds at least (if not longer. i don't remember the exact number, but i tested it on the pts, and they lasted generously long).

And force is not a problem, until you reset recklessness for the second time, in order to repeat the autocrit burst for the third time in a row

That being said: I got no problem with the deathknell set and the autocrits in general, but BW should give Maul at least a small cooldown of 3, 4, or 5 seconds, to prevent the spam.

No class in the game has that guaranteed burstpotential in just 3 gcds (not even a pyro pt under explosive fuel with the superheated fuel tactical, but that's a story for another thread).

No class in the game has that guaranteed burstpotential in just 3 gcds (not even a pyro pt under explosive fuel with the superheated fuel tactical, but that's a story for another thread).

stares at Volatile Strike

For the uninitiated:

Bludgeon automatically critically hits targets affected by your unexploded Blood Boiler and triggers it immediately. Dealing damage this way causes your next Backblast to critically hit.

Or in Imp Scum:

Veiled Strike automatically critically hits targets affected by your unexploded Volatile Substance and triggers it immediately. Dealing damage this way causes your next Backstab to critically hit.

Basically almost half your health in 3 GCDs. The only difference is that I can actually (85% of the time) defend against i because the animation is obvious and basically every Scoundrel is running it.

I personally don’t run it because I don’t run meta builds in Ranked/Unranked.

Edited by UltraFlashStar

For the uninitiated:

Bludgeon automatically critically hits targets affected by your unexploded Blood Boiler and triggers it immediately. Dealing damage this way causes your next Backblast to critically hit.

Or in Imp Scum:

Veiled Strike automatically critically hits targets affected by your unexploded Volatile Substance and triggers it immediately. Dealing damage this way causes your next Backstab to critically hit.

Basically almost half your health in 3 GCDs. The only difference is that I can actually (85% of the time) defend against i because the animation is obvious and basically every Scoundrel is running it.

Guy is saying about spamming burst. Both veiled strike and volatile sub have cd whilst maul has none. Get stacks from fotm sin set, spam mauls with small voltaic strikes fillers to get duplicity buff to have nearly internal burst

Meta for next ranked season is clear:

Sin/Op.

Most ranked games will look like this:

A total of 6 stealthers and then 2 guys on visible classes as insta nuke cannon fodder.

BOOM!

Mostly the teams with the most stealthers will win.

Pretty predictable.

Basically the merc meta just as stealth.

Sin/Op.

A total of 6 stealthers and then 2 guys on visible classes as insta nuke cannon fodder.

BOOM!

Pretty predictable.

From what I've seen so far, you're not wrong. There are other classes that are in pretty decent shape, but it certainly seems like ops and sins are the furthest ahead.

Sin/Op.

BOOM!

Pretty predictable.

Pfft... jugg life is thug life :cool:

For the uninitiated:

Or in Imp Scum:

If you really believe, the volatile substance>veiled strike>backstab combo does the same dmg, as the triple autocrit maul spam (even IF volatile substance crits, which is not garuanteed, in case you happen to forget), you're ridiculous bad at math, or straight out ignorant.

Feel free, to upload a small video, to proof your point...:rolleyes:

The autocrit maul is fine, but it needs a small cd. The spam is the problem, not the dmg in general. Beyond that, sins are kinda balanced, even still a little bit too weak defensive wise (especially hatred, but that's a topic for another thread).

Edited by Drunken-Monkey

Use shields/tank.

I usually fight 2-3 minutes vs 2 assasins at once. Shield counter crit and may have chance much bigger then they do.

Some yes, hit hard. But that's why I have healing bottle :D

But right, who plays tanks those days geared as tanks ? :D

P.S. guarded sork feels ok with those crits too.

If you really believe, the volatile substance>veiled strike>backstab combo does the same dmg, as the triple autocrit maul spam (even IF volatile substance crits, which is not garuanteed, in case you happen to forget), you're ridiculous bad at math, or straight out ignorant.

Feel free, to upload a small video, to proof your point...:rolleyes:

The autocrit maul is fine, but it needs a small cd. The spam is the problem, not the dmg in general. Beyond that, sins are kinda balanced, even still a little bit too weak defensive wise (especially hatred, but that's a topic for another thread).

You could of used ‘Damage’ instead of ‘Burst potential’ in your original post. For me, burst potential meant 3 GCDs from the beginning of the fight. In which I would be right (when comparing Scoundrel and Shadow).

If you meant damage then I meant that Operatives could do similar damage with Volatile Strike, not equal amounts of damage as Death Knell in 3 GCDs. The main point I was making is with the guaranteed 3 GCD full crit (w/o Boiler) from it. Either way I’m still taking out 45% - 50% HP with my opener with it.

Edited by UltraFlashStar