Hardmode "manners"

lookie what I found.

I have seen most of the flashpoints. I prefer not to skip mobs or text however I will skip when others are politely asking to skip. However, if I spot someone being rude who thinks he / she can boss me around telling me to spacebar / mount up / skip npc's etc. I purposely never spacebar, engage every mob just to make them angry and have a lot of enjoyment doing that for obvious reasons. Hatetells are one of the best forms of entertainment after all.

But to find a solution to this problem... Would people get behind the idea that if say... on Rp servers the spacebar wouldn't work in the flashpoints and the detection range of npc's is higher on those servers? So you can't skip anything and are forced to interact with the playing environment including text?

You're a troll, you said it yourself. :D

Edited by Brimmer

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I though my point was settled a while ago...

For the Elitist's who keep posting on here:

I get where you are coming from. I understand you have done the quests a bunch of times. but there is NO NEED to rip on others who dont play up to YOUR standards. everyone is different.

FOR EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT THE STORY/SPACEBAR

i like watching the story. i dont care if its over and over. I ran Black Talon on my new sorcerer about 7 times last night. know what? i didnt not use the space bar. why? because no matter how many time i play through it i choose different dialogue options and see what outcomes i get.

Put it this way: If the story is there, why not view it? I'll skip a convo if i want to skip a convo. no one owns me or tells me how to play. Ill figure it out. i take advice. i may not use it, but i thank people for it anyway.

If im out there to please the Elitist, then ill skip enemies and convos. but if i come across those of you who are Elitists, i will make it my goal to make your FP run as hard on you as possible.

after all, you do indeed, deserve it ;)

<3

If this is your attitude then that's fine, it's your subscription money. That being said if the other 3 subscribers decide to vote kick you because in their mind you are wasting their time/money you don't really have any ground to stand on. I sympathized with you in your original post but after this one it makes you really come across as whining about the pugs you are grouped with. You can't complain because they didn't cater to your needs. As many people have already said in the FPS majority rules and if you get vote kicked for something like not spacebarring you will just have to try to find a group that fits your play style and not come to the forums complaining because majority of people in your group wanted to play differently. Many here are just trying to offer suggestions so you don't get vote kicked as much but it appears as that was never the purpose of your thread. The purpose of this thread seems to be to simply complain because people aren't playing the way you want them to in FPS.

This game has only been out for a year, therefore one must assume anyone with a Level-50 character must by nature be a lifeless-basement dwelling child.

It is impossible that adults with limited play time could have made a Level 50, have limited time to play, and do not want to sit through the exact same dialog trees day after day after day.

Simply, impossible.

The problem is obviously with everyone else.

Here I have 1 Internets for you. :)

I took the advice from everyone here about hard mode flashpoints. That's done

Do of course the last thing I need to address is people's temperament towards other people who don't comply with elitist behaviors. I do one thing wrong, I'll apologize and they immediately mouth me off. It's dumb. No one can take a simple apology. To elitists, I control everything, all factors, all outcomes. Someone with that mentality I don't enjoy being around. I can control everything that happens, so blame is misplaced.

Of course I'm gonna stay because I want to finish the flashpoint.

I hate being blamed for things I didn't do or had no control. I hate being ripped at for minor inconveniences that takes maybe 6 seconds to fix. I hate asking for help and not getting it. I hate asking for help and later getting blamed for not asking.

Here I have 1 Internets for you. :)

:eek: I love these things. :cool:

OP:

You have taken what could have been a primarily positive thread and turned it into something quite different. There are elitist players on the servers...ironically, they get vote-kicked just as quickly as the trolls.

As has been explained to you numerous times, the Hardmode Flashpoints carry their own set of Standard Operating Procedures and Social Rules.

The people you indefatigably deride as the so-called Elitists are nothing more than your average veteran player. Most would have no issue with someone who stated their inexperience or preferences right up front.

Your concern is a desire to attack as supposed segment of the player population thereby validating your actions, because you were (rightfully) vote-kicked from a HM.

Learn the rules and acclimate.

The faster you do it the more fun you have.

Edited by -IceHawk-

Do of course the last thing I need to address is people's temperament towards other people who don't comply with elitist behaviors. I do one thing wrong, I'll apologize and they immediately mouth me off. It's dumb. No one can take a simple apology. To elitists, I control everything, all factors, all outcomes. Someone with that mentality I don't enjoy being around. I can control everything that happens, so blame is misplaced.

I hate being blamed for things I didn't do or had no control. I hate being ripped at for minor inconveniences that takes maybe 6 seconds to fix. I hate asking for help and not getting it. I hate asking for help and later getting blamed for not asking.

You should roll republic. I find the Imperial faction tends to invite a larger quantity of immature people. Though you'll get the bad apples on both sides. Just be respectful and if there is drama /ignore is your friend.

Hi! I totally agree on the part about people being jerks in not wanting to help you kill what you accidentally pulled. Repairs are no excuse if they claim to be the Super Elite of All Time players, they can surely take down those mobs you pulled in 15-20 seconds. On the spacebar thing, I am a subscriber since first day of early access and I've been actively playing every week. I admit, I have asked (keyword here elite people) *NICELY* to skip every conversation I don't want to watch or don't have time for but I have only asked people whom I play with that I am very close to in real life. When I play in PuG's I usually skip the very first conversation and if I see that I have to wait for the other players' responses I decide to watch the cutscenes because the acting in this game is honestly very well done. However, as I learned in what, kindergarten, "Treat others as you want to be treated." So to stay true to that, if I see a person who just screams Bloody Mary "SPACEBARRRRR!!! SPACEBARRR, NOOBZZ, WE DON'T HAVE THIS CRAP ON WoW!" Or something to that effect, I don't answer his message and just keep on watching the cutscenes unless another member replies in accordance to his rude request. I do NOT do what he says because I want to make his life miserable, but if someone else is disregarding him I'm not going to miss my chance to hear my toon speak, after all, the expansion isn't out yet and I love the way my scoundrel delivers her lines!

When someone in my group accidentally pulls something I go and help them. Simple as that. Then I tell them to just follow me close since I know all the fights and skips and whatever, but I don't rage at them and vote kick them. I think that's kind of impatient and slightly dumb unless the person is pulling on purpose multiple times. if he/she DID NOT TELL US BEFORE THE RUN BEGAN that he/she wanted/needed a full run.

All in all, I have five level 50's and I am very happy to help you should you ever need assistance for I am on your server. Just hit me up! Also, please don't try to make people's lives miserable because in the end they're just there to have fun just like you and I. Even if they are inconsiderate sometimes :p

May the Force be with you!

I hate to say it but there are always going to be people out there that blame other people whether it's their fault or not. I'm just questioning this thread now because it's turning into two sides just saying the same stuff in different ways with no ones views changing, just insults being thrown out. As far as in game all you can do is /ignore the people that you don't enjoy playing with, friend the ones you do and try to form groups with them and let the chips fall where they may and that goes for everyone that plays this game.

Hi! I totally agree on the part about people being jerks in not wanting to help you kill what you accidentally pulled. Repairs are no excuse if they claim to be the Super Elite of All Time players, they can surely take down those mobs you pulled in 15-20 seconds. On the spacebar thing, I am a subscriber since first day of early access and I've been actively playing every week. I admit, I have asked (keyword here elite people) *NICELY* to skip every conversation I don't want to watch or don't have time for but I have only asked people whom I play with that I am very close to in real life. When I play in PuG's I usually skip the very first conversation and if I see that I have to wait for the other players' responses I decide to watch the cutscenes because the acting in this game is honestly very well done. However, as I learned in what, kindergarten, "Treat others as you want to be treated." So to stay true to that, if I see a person who just screams Bloody Mary "SPACEBARRRRR!!! SPACEBARRR, NOOBZZ, WE DON'T HAVE THIS CRAP ON WoW!" Or something to that effect, I don't answer his message and just keep on watching the cutscenes unless another member replies in accordance to his rude request. I do NOT do what he says because I want to make his life miserable, but if someone else is disregarding him I'm not going to miss my chance to hear my toon speak, after all, the expansion isn't out yet and I love the way my scoundrel delivers her lines!

When someone in my group accidentally pulls something I go and help them. Simple as that. Then I tell them to just follow me close since I know all the fights and skips and whatever, but I don't rage at them and vote kick them. I think that's kind of impatient and slightly dumb unless the person is pulling on purpose multiple times. if he/she DID NOT TELL US BEFORE THE RUN BEGAN that he/she wanted/needed a full run.

All in all, I have five level 50's and I am very happy to help you should you ever need assistance for I am on your server. Just hit me up! Also, please don't try to make people's lives miserable because in the end they're just there to have fun just like you and I. Even if they are inconsiderate sometimes :p

May the Force be with you!

My point exactly! If people ask nicely, ill be more co=operative. if people immediately scream to mash the spacebar, no im not gonna. you can wait. Irritability isnt my problem.

So what im saying here is, do you agree with this arrogant play-style? or do you think there should be more co-operative-ness (i know thats not a word) in these hard-mode flashpoints?

No, I don't agree with it. Yes.

But young un's are young un's. When you put them into a grind-heavy game they become very single-minded, anxious and rude since they want to just go forward, forward, forward.

I though my point was settled a while ago...

For the Elitist's who keep posting on here:

I get where you are coming from. I understand you have done the quests a bunch of times. but there is NO NEED to rip on others who dont play up to YOUR standards. everyone is different.

FOR EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT THE STORY/SPACEBAR

i like watching the story. i dont care if its over and over. I ran Black Talon on my new sorcerer about 7 times last night. know what? i didnt not use the space bar. why? because no matter how many time i play through it i choose different dialogue options and see what outcomes i get.

Put it this way: If the story is there, why not view it? I'll skip a convo if i want to skip a convo. no one owns me or tells me how to play. Ill figure it out. i take advice. i may not use it, but i thank people for it anyway.

If im out there to please the Elitist, then ill skip enemies and convos. but if i come across those of you who are Elitists, i will make it my goal to make your FP run as hard on you as possible.

after all, you do indeed, deserve it ;)

<3

As I can see from your sig, you have a maro.

DPS's are replaced so fast that I wouldn't have to think twice about kicking you if you did somethink like this to the group I was in.

People who queue for Hard Mode Lost Island the first day their first character hits 50 deserve to be kicked before they get the chance to aggro any Savrips.

If you want story, bring you guildmates and friends. If you want rewards, play the game like everyone else does...in a rush.

P.S. Obi-wan didn't kill every trooper on the Death Star. You're in flashpoints and ops for objectives, not for farming. Roleplay doing what you were sent to do as fast as possible.

People who queue for Hard Mode Lost Island the first day their first character hits 50 deserve to be kicked before they get the chance to aggro any Savrips.
First HM FP I did on my knight was HM LI, I did it before I had even finished my class story, did HM EV too. Time at 50 has nothing to do with it, if you know your class, know the flashpoint and have the proper gear. I was full campaign armor, columi ear, rakata implants, matrix cube, all rakata and bh mods and enhancements, fully augmented, 27 strength hilt and daily hilt. off hand More than enough for HM LI.

I have ran HM LI twice a week since forever on my shadow and on my sawbones. No one kicked me for some reason. I don't care if someone is day 1 50 or day 200 50, gear and knowledge is more important than time. :p

there's no reason to kill stuff when you can skip it

it's not an exploit, 2 classes have out of combat cc abilities, why would they be in game if skipping was an exploit?

it's also not worthwhile to majority of people to kill everything, there is no alternate advancement system where XP comes into play, there is no loot drop that anyone needs now - even new players, with the free tionese

no one really has any reason to do trash or mini bosses in FP's that arent required to kill to progress through the FP.

if you say - well, I enjoy killing them. That's not a valid reason for the other 3 people in the group usually.

aka get over yourself, skip the junk like everyone else and cross your fingers that bioware gives people a reason to kill the mini bosses and trash, because there just isnt any currently.

First HM FP I did on my knight was HM LI, I did it before I had even finished my class story, did HM EV too. Time at 50 has nothing to do with it, if you know your class, know the flashpoint and have the proper gear. I was full campaign armor, columi ear, rakata implants, matrix cube, all rakata and bh mods and enhancements, fully augmented, 27 strength hilt and daily hilt. off hand More than enough for HM LI.

I have ran HM LI twice a week since forever on my shadow and on my sawbones. No one kicked me for some reason. I don't care if someone is day 1 50 or day 200 50, gear and knowledge is more important than time. :p

That is obviously not what he meant. He said the day their FIRST toon hits 50. I really want to know how you full campaign on the day your first toon hit 50, but regardless he is referring to absolutely new players not alts of experienced players.

That is obviously not what he meant. He said the day their FIRST toon hits 50. I really want to know how you full campaign on the day your first toon hit 50, but regardless he is referring to absolutely new players not alts of experienced players.
You are correct, misread. Apologizes.

Still even a first toon could do it that was in a good guild, where do you think I got the hilt and ear, you can't legacy that stuff. Still not going to give that stuff to a first toon unless officers had leveled with them, I got the stuff because I am a healer on my main and have done many guild ops without getting anything.

Best way to deal with these idiots who play elitist is to join a guild that is socially very good and active and who do not solely focus on raids and HMs. You do that, and you're good. I did and despite some speedruns and me pulling some mobs out of inexperience, they never abandoned me. :)

You like highlighting the part you like don't you... lol. Who's the real troll :D

Both topics are talking about the same thing, as such it is fair since it is relevant to the topic. So no, it's not a troll. it's a spot light to the person (you) behind the text. Feel free to highlight anything I said. :p

Edited by Brimmer

If you want story, bring you guildmates and friends. If you want rewards, play the game like everyone else does...in a rush.

P.S. Obi-wan didn't kill every trooper on the Death Star. You're in flashpoints and ops for objectives, not for farming. Roleplay doing what you were sent to do as fast as possible.

Not true at all. I did it within my first week of hitting 50 on my first toon and only 3ish months in game with a PuG. I told everyone at the start it was my first time, and followed the groups lead. My first death was because the group was not real clear on what to do when the platforms started falling, and my second death was because I followed an experienced player in the wrong direction the next time they started falling. The next two attempts our group had other folks die on the way down. Once we made it down to the bottom with 8 we beat the boss just fine. I explicitly asked the group if the first two wipes were my fault and they didn't blame me at all. Those two deaths also wouldn't have matter if I'd been 50 for months instead of a week, they were due to inexperience with the Op itself.

Bottom line is, as long as a new player is up front about it, asks for strategy tips and plays conservatively enough/follows the lead of others then they won't hold the team back. Several newbies at once is a different story though. :D No worse than someone who's experienced, plays sloppy and won't listen to others in the group.

Not true at all. I did it within my first week of hitting 50 on my first toon and only 3ish months in game with a PuG. I told everyone at the start it was my first time, and followed the groups lead. My first death was because the group was not real clear on what to do when the platforms started falling, and my second death was because I followed an experienced player in the wrong direction the next time they started falling. The next two attempts our group had other folks die on the way down. Once we made it down to the bottom with 8 we beat the boss just fine. I explicitly asked the group if the first two wipes were my fault and they didn't blame me at all. Those two deaths also wouldn't have matter if I'd been 50 for months instead of a week, they were due to inexperience with the Op itself.

Bottom line is, as long as a new player is up front about it, asks for strategy tips and plays conservatively enough/follows the lead of others then they won't hold the team back. Several newbies at once is a different story though. :D No worse than someone who's experienced, plays sloppy and won't listen to others in the group.

the guy you quoted was talking about Lost Island, it's a flashpoint

your little story here sounds like eternity vault, an operation

it's 2 different things, and much easier for 7 people to carry a fresh 50 newb through EV, even though it sounds like they sucked on soa lol.

I don't care that you may have done the thing 50 times (and if so why are you still doing it like a rat bumping a button with its nose for a treat)

it is extremely annoying to be rushed through - i ain't playing it for you

i'm playing cos i want some group fun and not a race

and where do peopple get off telling me "skip skip, space bar ffs"??!!! I don't tell other people what to do why are you? who made you the bigmen????

if you really take it that seriously you seriously need to get a life

I don't care that you may have done the thing 50 times (and if so why are you still doing it like a rat bumping a button with its nose for a treat)

it is extremely annoying to be rushed through - i ain't playing it for you

i'm playing cos i want some group fun and not a race

and where do peopple get off telling me "skip skip, space bar ffs"??!!! I don't tell other people what to do why are you? who made you the bigmen????

if you really take it that seriously you seriously need to get a life

Good manners goes both ways.

While I don't condone anyone being rude by saying SPAAAAACERBARRRRRR, the fact of the matter is, most people doing the HM FP in the group finder are there for the comms. Right or wrong, most people queuing want a fast run.

If you don't want a speed run, just ask politely in the beginning.

It's just as wrong to angrily demand everyone else to watch the story as it is to angrily demand everyone to spacebar. A respectful request will do wonders.

Edited by Khevar