Game doesn't launch when hitting play......again

Spor

I have tried all the suggestions including the Bitraider suggestion. I have win 10 and this just started when swtor the patch was installed on Tuesday Nov 3. Even tried uninstalling and reinstall 4 times, 2 x each using swtor website and 2x using steam. The steam one worked for 1 log in and then once the game was closed, it went back to not launching.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm already starting to get seriously frustrated. I just reinstalled the game as well as the graphics card upgrades. There are still no solutions. Does anyone have any solution to offer? As much as I love this game, I'm on the verge of deleting my account.

Hi folks,

Our team is still looking into this issue. I'll update you when I have more information.

For your information, some players on Windows 10 were able to fix the issue by updating their Windows to version 1909.

Thanks for the response, but didnt work in my case

Hi folks,

Our team is still looking into this issue. I'll update you when I have more information.

For your information, some players on Windows 10 were able to fix the issue by updating their Windows to version 1909.

Don't you mean downgrade to version 1909? Current is 20H2, then 2004, then 1909.

What Radeon setting are U using. Try Setting it to the bare mnimum Standard and in RADEON SW and in the SWTOR Preference check the graphics settting and SET that to LOW if still having problems.

I have a WIN 7 64 Bit PRO , Radeon R7 - 240 . I think the problems are with the Graphics Card settings. Since many have desktop decomposition disabled as helping. SWTOR is working for me now.

Found this

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Updated 20 hours ago

Why does my game crash, freeze, or display a blank screen?

Your computer's current graphics configuration may not be compatible with the game. Try downloading the latest video card driver for your system, installing some simple updates, or adjusting your graphics settings.

Follow the steps in this article if your game is:

Crashing

Freezing

Showing a blank screen

Failing to open

Suggested troubleshooting steps:

Click a step in the list below for directions:

Update your video card driver

Install software updates

Adjust graphics settings

Uninstall and reinstall the game

https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230485248-Game-Crashing-Freezing-or-Blank-Screen

AMD Radeon rx 5700 xt

Windows anti-virus

I dont have the bitraider folder so i assume the streaming one? I also tried the steam version since this issue started on tuesday. neither is working

64 bit

a couple of minutes ago i updated my windows to 2020H2 Build 19042. The issue is still the same. I click play -> launcher closes -> nothing happens

Edited by Sleeperzz

After two days of patching finally it jump from 60% to 100 and looks like everything working. I used this method from second post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=985854 . I have windows 7 btw. Anyway too late to play Swtor today, 1 hour too late .. :cool:

Objective Meridian first starting landing cutscenes still not fixed on both fractions. Whole year TWO CUTSCENES IS MISSING FROM THE GAME.

Good day.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

It won't even let me log in now. I open the launcher and there's a red bar at the top with the message "The login service is currently unavailable. Please visit our forums for the latest updates on the status of this service"

I can't even enter my password/security key at all.

I'm running Win 7 ultimate, service pack 1 32bit btw

So, I managed to fix mine on Windows 10 with Steam, but I would not consider it a really viable solution for many. I went with the big red button, went nuclear and completely reinstalled windows from scratch.

It seems extreme, but it is something I generally do every December anyway just to clean things up, get a good fresh restore for a more up to date version, etc. Most of my more important stuff is on a NAS in a closet, so I really only lose my game installs and such.

As I said though, probably not really an option or something most people will do though. I am now running the latest build and drivers. Windows 10, version 20H2, build 19042.572. Running a GTX 1070 on driver version 457.09 now if that helps. I was on a version of build of I think 1909 before.

So, I managed to fix mine on Windows 10 with Steam, but I would not consider it a really viable solution for many. I went with the big red button, went nuclear and completely reinstalled windows from scratch.

It seems extreme, but it is something I generally do every December anyway just to clean things up, get a good fresh restore for a more up to date version, etc. Most of my more important stuff is on a NAS in a closet, so I really only lose my game installs and such.

As I said though, probably not really an option or something most people will do though. I am now running the latest build and drivers. Windows 10, version 20H2, build 19042.572. Running a GTX 1070 on driver version 457.09 now if that helps. I was on a version of build of I think 1909 before.

Yeh, i assume reinstall windows is the only solution to fix this. Really sad. Everythin worked fine bevor this patch

I will never understand why there does not seem to be any urgency to solve this issue. I know they are working on it but it would be nice to know a patch to fix this is coming soon since I have not been able to log in since the latest patch.

It's just like the quick play bug, they expected us to find the workaround for them and carry on like nothing has happened; which by the way I do not think they fixed, correct? I am starting to get worried that this will not get solved as well due to the workaround that doesn't even work for everybody.

It a big problem with the Graphics across many different systems and different areas.

I had my WIN 7 PRO 64 bit running well . Using all the suggestions except done globally from COMPUTER / System / SEt to Performance.

Also set the SWTOR Preference > Graphcis to LOW.

While playing on RISHI the mission for the latest Pxxxx??? PC crashed completely locked up. Shutdown rebooted. Stuck again on loading screen, taking too long, ALT-CTRL-DEL Task Manager END taskl. Run the CCleaner to clean Registry.

Tried RISHI again Crashed again. REpeat above. BUT this Time I set the SWTOR / Preference / Graphics to VERY LOW.

Made it through the crash zone handing out money to the second guy. But before U do that there are a bunch of RED guys to kill first and they all jump U at once, in the small area on the platform . Thats where it crashed f or me.

NOW my FPS went from ~60+ to 100+ FPS.

It obvious as u go lower in the graphics more graphics functions are not used. SO something there.

I will never understand why there does not seem to be any urgency to solve this issue. I know they are working on it but it would be nice to know a patch to fix this is coming soon since I have not been able to log in since the latest patch.

It's just like the quick play bug, they expected us to find the workaround for them and carry on like nothing has happened; which by the way I do not think they fixed, correct? I am starting to get worried that this will not get solved as well due to the workaround that doesn't even work for everybody.

Edited by Sleeperzz

Still not able to launch the game. Tried three new installations of the game, same bug. The game disapperas after hitting "play".

And it is getting really annoying...

tried right mouse click on the game shortcut and select properties , go to the compat tab

tick run as admin

tick run in compat mode , then select xp service pack 3

tried right mouse click on the game shortcut and select properties , go to the compat tab

tick run as admin

tick run in compat mode , then select xp service pack 3

I tried that, too. Didn't work. Still didn't launch.

Hi folks,

I am really disappointed, my main time to play is weekends and this hasn't been resolved. I run windows 10 and version 1909.

So I have tried every single work around more then a few times each. As I am a sub player am I going to be compensated with a free month for the time I am unable to load the game??

I also am not sure why they don't have a reboot point from when this started so they can go back to that and start there.

Edited by Sheatty

When that happens to me, I run CCleaner to fix the Registry.

So run any utility U have to Fix the Registry. It seems to work, I do not know why. It only finds two unused extensions for Internet Explorer.

I run WIN 7 Pro 64 Bit .

For me after hitting play, it loads the window and stays in the loading screen as if loading forever and never getting to character selection. Yesterday played fine though, but today no luck. I run the game on win 7 if it matters
Edited by Sleeperzz