Outlaws Den 2v2 Tournament 9/30/2012

nellosmomishot

1st place: Shishou / Nezlok

2nd place: Asuna / Akatosh

3rd place: Foodaddy / Jole

See the video's of the event that Sheemie recorded here.

Round 1:

Nekron / vullesh get the buy

Shishou / Nezlok vs. Naena / Lanafear - Shishou / Nezlok advance

Megasin / Danix vs. Asuna / Akatosh - Asuna / Akatosh advance

Nellos / Chukles vs. Blading / Cathulan - Nellos / Chukles advance

Foodaddy / Jole vs. Luigii / Aerico - Foodaddy / Jole advance

Round 2:

Nekron / Vullesh vs. Shishou / Nezlok - Shishou / Nezlok advance

Asuna / Akatosh vs. Nellos / Chukles - Asuna / Akatosh advance

Foodaddy / Jole get the buy

Round 3:

Shishou / Nezlok vs. Foodaddy / Jole - Shishou / Nezlok advance

Asuna / Akatosh get the buy

Round 4:

Shishou / Nezlok vs. Asuna / Akatosh - Shishou / Nezlok win

Hey everyone, this was done a little while back for people from The Harbinger that remember and was tons of fun. So lets do it again now that we have a bunch of new people. You must post here with your teammates name to enter. It took too long to set up the brackets last time, so anyone that doesn't post here will not be able to show up and fight.

WHEN: Sunday 9/30/2012 - 7:30 PM Server Time

WHERE: Outlaw's den - (Gonna have to do some gquit and rejoin to fight guildies)

ENTRY FEE: None, too much of a hassle to collect from both factions.

PRIZES: Bragging rights with first second and third place teams honored in this post after the tournament.

STYLE: Bracket. Each round in the bracket will consist of three fights and best two out of three advances.

CREWSKILLS: Biochem and Cybertech are allowed. Any others as well, but I don't see why that would matter.

COMPANIONS: Not allowed

BUFFS: You are only allowed to be buffed my yourself and your teammate. This is an advantage to those with all 4 classes, but it's the same in a WZ. I'm open to change this if good solutions are proposed, but it was a hassle last time.

Edited by nellosmomishot

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I edited the thread title to be 9/29/30 to be on a Saturday. We need the reigning champs to be there :)

Whether or not these forums allow one to change a title seems to be up in the air. I'll give it some more time to reflect the changes I made before starting a new thread with the appropriate date.

Edited by nellosmomishot

I edited the thread title to be 9/29/30 to be on a Saturday. We need the reigning champs to be there :)

Whether or not these forums allow one to change a title seems to be up in the air. I'll give it some more time to reflect the changes I made before starting a new thread with the appropriate date.

Awesome! Lanafear + Naena are in then!

Btw in the post your when still says Sunday, might want to fix that too.

A lot of cookies won't be able to come if it's saturday. It'd be better if it were on sunday, but it's ultimately your decision.

Doh :( Since Lana is in Australia he isn't able to make it if it's on a Sunday, but if the majority of people can only make Sunday might be better to just do that.

Would a weeknight work better for everyone? I'm good with pretty much any day but Friday.

Lana can't make any day except Friday/Saturday unless it's like.. 10pm pst or later I think. So Saturday would pretty much be the only day that worked for us since you can't do Friday. Maybe we can start this going as a weekly thing, because the last time we did it was quite a lot of fun and then we could just rotate between Saturday and Sunday? Maybe throw in weekdays if that works better for people?

Hmm, it seems that Sunday is going to be the better day. But, last time we did this it went from 7-10:30 ish. If this were to happen again could the winners from last time show up after 10 to face off against the winners from this time?

Also, the season premiere should end right at 7, so if you wannu join I can just make your group not be one of the first matches darc.

3v3 and 4v4 would be cool, but the place we held the tournament last time is pretty small making it a really good size for 2v2. I'll upload a picture when I get home from work later.

You can enter as many people from one guild as you would like. Just keep in mind you will have to gquit when facing guildies, so have an officer that can reinvite on hand.

Edited by nellosmomishot

Hmm, it seems that Sunday is going to be the better day. But, last time we did this it went from 7-10:30 ish. If this were to happen again could the winners from last time show up after 10 to face off against the winners from this time?

I'll have to check exactly when Lana would get home, it might not actually be until around midnight.

Entrants can post up until 5 PM The day of the tournament. I'll then make up the bracket between then and when the tournament starts. The way it was done last time was a /roll for each team. Then the two highest rolls fought first, the second two highest rolls fought second etc. For transparencies sake, anyone that wants to be present when the brackets are being made I'll invite to an ops group at 5 when entering is closed (gotta have a republic toon of any level).