Best Relic Combo für MM-Sniper? Matrix Cube | Serendipitous Assault | Dark Radiance?

DaggothX

Hi, i am playing a sniper, alsmost since beta now. And with 2.0 the new Serendipitous relic seems very powerful.

So far bevor 2.0 i've been using a combo of my matrix cube and dark radiance relic for the best dps output.

But now i'm not really sure what combination is the best. The new Underworld Relic of Dark Radiance and the Underworld Relic of Serendipitous Assault might be a stronger combination that one of them with a matrix cube.

I mean the matrix cube still only hast 80 cunning, which equals about 20 bonus damage each hit and a fraction of a percentage with crit.

as far as i understand the dark radiance does 264 damage without damage reduction from armor, and it does this damage about every 4.5 to 8 seconds. depending on luck. In worst case (8s) this still means a dps of 33

and the serendipidous give us about 18 seconds of 1 minute huge burst of 550 power. i'm not sure how to calculate this but looking at the bonus damage boost and calculating the 18 sec spead through a minute still leaves more then 40 dps right?

so what do you think about this? is it most useful for snipers to use both underworld relics or is the matrix cube still the best and i am missing something?

Here are the 3 relics in question:

Underworld Relic of Dark Radiance

+98 Endurance

+32 Power

On Hit: Damaging attacks have a 30% chance to deal 264 additional internal Force damage to the target. This effect can only occur once every 4.5 seconds, and shares this limit with similar damage-dealing effects. It will not trigger inside of PvP areas.

Underworld Relic of Serendipitous Assault

+98 Endurance

+32 Power

On Hit: Healing an ally or performing a damaging attack on an enemy both have a 30% chance to grant 550 Power for 6 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 20 seconds, and shares this limit with similar healing or damaging effects. It will not trigger inside of PvP areas.

Matrix Cube

Red Red Red = 54 Endurance, 80 Cunning, 8 Critical Rating (M7-R3)

greetings dag

Edited by DaggothX

Yes since they will fix this issue anyways, there is not point to buy a bugged pvp relic. only to have it for a few days.

concering the relic combo for a sniper:

i have read in another thread that Serendipitous Assault and Dark Radiance dont proc together. apparently they are not ment to be worn together. they both cound as damage relics and thus both share the cooldown.

so the only other option i see is the boundless ages Relic

Underworld Relic of Boundless Ages

Total Stats:

+98 Endurance

+32 Power

On Use: Increases Power by 425 for 30 seconds. Can not be activated in PvP areas.

This one can be used while another relic with proc is equipped.

the question now is, is this better than a matrix cube?

considering it has a 2 minute cooldown. the dps if used every 2 minutes for the whole timespan would be about 20 dps. which is about the same the matrix cube would do.

so i'm wondering if a combination of Serendipitous Assault and Matrix Cube, or Serendipitous Assault and Boundless Ages is the best.

so what do you think about this? is it most useful for snipers to use both underworld relics or is the matrix cube still the best and i am missing something?

Not sure where you are getting your information, but the matrix cube hasn't been considered BiS for over a year now...

Power gives .23 bonus damage per point, and Cunning gives .228 bonus damage per point for snipers (after 14% buff) as well as some crit.

So then the Underworld Boundless ages relic gives 31.8 bonus damage, while the matrix cube only gives 18.2 bonus damage.

UW BA: ((( 425 * 30 ) / 120 ) + 32 ) * 0.23 = 31.79 bonus damage

Matrix Cube: 80 * 0.228 = 18.24 bonus damage

As far as which two relics are best - it hasn't been completely demonstrated yet, but you can find analysis/experimentation on the subject in this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=637240

In short, the dark radiance and matrix cube are not really worth it

QFT

Edited by greg_biochem