Solo Ranked

BonnerFett

I don't know what the answer is to the problem but, we need a fix for solo ranked. There is just no regular que pops.

This really sucks for people who like to pvp. Reg's just isn't the same.

My suggestion is to increase the rewards. Right now waiting for 30+ minutes is not fun. Need more people queing.

Edited by BonnerFett

I don't know what the answer is to the problem but, we need a fix for solo ranked. There is just no regular que pops.

This really sucks for people who like to pvp. Reg's just isn't the same.

My suggestion is to increase the rewards. Right now waiting for 30+ minutes is not fun. Need more people queing.

huh. you should try team ranked and you will see what is really DEAD. more dead than a zombie...they should put good rewards for TR

TR is more alive than solos on SF. and pops practically every day on DM

?????? Tr pops on dm???? Sorry but it never pops aside from pops under agreements where not only you have to make your team but also to organise full enemy team (Look for them, convince them to queue, pay them or give other rewards). 95% of such "contracted fights" are wintrade...simple,dumb wintrade with a fake view of legit games.

There are some legit fights which are also made under agreement but these are also always one-sided where one team is farming another team

Edited by omaan

I might queue, but my gear isn't 306 and I hear people pitch a fit if you queue with anything lower. There is the other problem of it being arena only, which as a healer means I get to look forward to being focused and running away most of the match.

And of course it has a reputation of toxicity. I'd rather not listen to 1337 pvp folk complain and trash talk.

What I think they should really do is get rid of the ranked queue altogether and give rewards for regular PvP instead.

On DM solo ranked pops constantly. Due to the situation with the virus now I bet it even pops nonstop. Kids are not in school so 99% of the ranked populatiom is able to que during the whole day.

Isn't DM a european server? I'm in the US.

maybe you que on wrong time , because pop should be more frequent compare to ss defintely

I was queing from 8pm Central time until 11pm last night. Got 5 games during that time. Same 8 people in que every match. As a pvper that spams regs and would like to progress to ranked this is a bummer. It seems like the pvp community is very small. I screwed up in one game and got globabled (no healers were in que last night.) I spent the rest of the games being yelled at by the other players. Not really fun.

Maybe I should look for a different game...

I was queing from 8pm Central time until 11pm last night. Got 5 games during that time. Same 8 people in que every match. As a pvper that spams regs and would like to progress to ranked this is a bummer. It seems like the pvp community is very small. I screwed up in one game and got globabled (no healers were in que last night.) I spent the rest of the games being yelled at by the other players. Not really fun.

Maybe I should look for a different game...

For some reason, the queue gets more active quite late. It was popping frequently from 12am-2am est, and it was still popping when I went to bed slightly after 2. I agree with you that I wished it started popping earlier though.

For some reason, the queue gets more active quite late.

We all know the "reason" it gets "quite active" during late hours when no normal people are awake to play. :o

Don't pretend you don't know why this is, wow. ROFL how disingenuous of you. Shameful, dude. You know exactly why ranked becomes quite active during midnight hours it's so they can run their wintrade operation. duh.

There I said it. BW, do something about it.

We all know the "reason" it gets "quite active" during late hours when no normal people are awake to play. :o

Don't pretend you don't know why this is, wow. ROFL how disingenuous of you. Shameful, dude. You know exactly why ranked becomes quite active during midnight hours it's so they can run their wintrade operation. duh.

You're a *********** moron.

Que for yourself before you pull bull **** from your ***.

Edited by septru

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. -Arthur Schoepenhauer.

Clearly, you are in the second stage of truth regarding ranked. Most of us been at stage three for years, maybe you will catch up I doubt it though.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are one of the early morning ranked players they speaking about. True?

Edited by Lhancelot

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. -Arthur Schoepenhauer.

Clearly, you are in the second stage of truth regarding ranked. Most of us been at stage three for years, maybe you will catch up I doubt it though.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are one of the early morning ranked players they speaking about. True?

hahahahhaahaha.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The forums never cease to amaze.

Edited by septru

You actually have a problem. The games going on every night at those hours are legit. They include most of the regulars that play on SF. I play in many of those games. There is no wintrading happening in them, or any other kind of cheating that I can discern. This once again proves you have no clue what you're talking about.

Loath as I am to agree with him, this is well put. Prum was in many of the games last night during the time in question.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

This sounds good! Problem is I don't have a team. Would love to try team ranked.

I'd caution you on that though. It's true that for a period of a few weeks there was some team ranked going on. But it was still coordinated among the teams when to queue. And that limited activity seems to have slowed down by this point. You won't be able to just get a team and hop in queue whenever you want and get pops unfortunately.

I'd caution you on that though. It's true that for a period of a few weeks there was some team ranked going on. But it was still coordinated among the teams when to queue. And that limited activity seems to have slowed down by this point. You won't be able to just get a team and hop in queue whenever you want and get pops unfortunately.

Ahh thank you for the insight....

Seems like I need to find a new game. As a former WOW player and die-hard pvper there just isn't enough people queing ranked. Regs is fun but not the same. Such a bummer as I really love this game. Has almost everything I was looking for MMO, Star Wars, awesome classes, easy gearing.... just not able to play the PVP aspect. Damn.

Edited by BonnerFett

Loath as I am to agree with him, this is well put. Prum was in many of the games last night during the time in question.

See, that's where we different. I don't "loath" facts, no matter who spits them.

As much as we may disagree about stuff, I actually don't dislike you, I don't know you at all so how could anything you write create an emotion such as loathing in me? That's beyond my imagination tbh.

As far as I know, our only differences regarding the game really are our opinions on solo ranked, I can't recall ever hurting your feelings with something personal to make you "loath" my words or me. (Guess it shows who has real world problems and who doesn't?)

lol w/e. I don't have the energy for grudges over differences in opinion over a game and such. If you write something I agree with, I am happy to say so, just like if I do not agree with something you write, I happily will say so.

***I am glad you at least seen a common enemy per se on the forums so you backed up my claim regarding him on that one. That's cool. If the truth hurts grin and bear it.

Edited by Lhancelot

Ahh thank you for the insight....

Seems like I need to find a new game. As a former WOW player and die-hard pvper there just isn't enough people queing ranked. Regs is fun but not the same. Such a bummer as I really love this game. Has almost everything I was looking for MMO, Star Wars, awesome classes, easy gearing.... just not able to play the PVP aspect. Damn.

Yeah, and ironically instead of agreeing that ranked needs a complete overhaul and recommendations on how to make it better, the so-called overlord ranked constituents rather argue that my words are not nice enough to garner change and that, well, it's not nearly as bad as I say it is.

If it's not that bad, and in need of just some "minor tweaks" why don't these guys actually create a post or two to ssupport the idea of changing it?

How come team ranked is completely dead now?

Why is solo ranked nothing but the same small cabal of child-like manbabies crapping it up with their toxic garbage chat and awful ingame behavior towards other players who aren't in their little edgelord clique?

Basically anyone that isn't part of their wintrading schemes they troll them out of ranked so they can keep it easy to control and manage with the same known actors who been doing it for years. Pretty pathetic, tbh.

Honestly it seems to me the "PVP channel" is really just another reddit type channel where little kiddie edgelords can spew toxic vitriol at anyone that is on fleet who gets the enjoyment of reading what they write when that channel is left open.

Most people turn off the PVP channel I realize, but I think it's ridiculous to close a channel just because of a small group of children that use it for the wrong purposes. BW ought to do something about that. I know if I had kids, I wouldn't want them on this game reading what some of these manchildren spew in the chat channels of ranked and the PVP channels.

I'd like BW to take control of that facet of the game, too. Some of the chat is ridiculously offensive now, and a lot of it is coming from these ranked players I noticed.

I just wish the other gamers understood that it's not all PVPers that act this way, it's a very small group of players that behave so badly. They just happen to be players that enjoy 4v4s and ranked PVP on SWTOR. They do not represent all PVPers. :rolleyes:

See, that's where we different. I don't "loath" facts, no matter who spits them.

The word "loath," meaning reluctant or unwilling, is totally different from the word "loathe," to feel intense dislike or disgust for. I was agreeing with Prum's statement about you. Prum and I were both in many of the games last night, and there was nothing fishy going on. Hopefully that clears up your confusion here.

Basically anyone that isn't part of their wintrading schemes they troll them out of ranked so they can keep it easy to control and manage with the same known actors who been doing it for years. Pretty pathetic, tbh.

I can use myself as an example here. A certain segment of the ranked community on SF don't like me at all, for a host of reasons. I unapologetically tank tunnel where appropriate; I call out wintraders and bigots, even those claiming to be "reformed." I've also been critical of anyone touting team ranked achievements, and couldn't care less what the "relevant" players think, which really annoys some of them. And then there's nikana, who I often troll because it's hilarious how mad he gets all the time lol.

Anyway, the point is I am in no way a part of any "cabal." Yet I play as much solo ranked as anyone on SF, and I almost always have fun doing it. I have only witnessed wintrading on SF a handful of times early in this season by a repeat offender. Since then, I've seen nothing even remotely obvious. And there is no one suspicious rising really high in rating either. If there were any reason to be suspicious of wintrading, I would be the first one to point it out.

I've been thrown on and/or kicked probably about a dozen times total over the course of the season. That may seem like a lot, but that's out of over 1000 matches played.

Honestly it seems to me the "PVP channel" is really just another reddit type channel where little kiddie edgelords can spew toxic vitriol at anyone that is on fleet who gets the enjoyment of reading what they write when that channel is left open.

Honestly, probably 95% of the toxicity you see in the pvp channel on SF stems from one person (rhymes with bikana) that trolls that chat all the time on different toons. His main account was permabanned a few months ago, but he's been back for a while now.

Edited by JediMasterAlex