Season 3 Furious Rewards Announcement

AlexModny

• Dev Post

Greetings PvPers!

The culmination of Season 3 is fast approaching and many furious rumbles have yet to be waged. The end of Season 3 will come with Game Update 3.0 and your rating, when the servers come down for the update, will determine which tier you are in and what rewards you receive. The higher your tier the more glorious your rewards!

Just like in previous seasons, the Highest Earned rating that determines the tier you are in – not Current – so no need to feel like you are risking Rating by going after the next tier up! To see your Highest Earned Rating, check the Warzone Rating and Stats page in the Warzone Queue GUI. Please note that the Rating displayed on the Leaderboards are the Current Ratings, not Highest Earned. Once Season 3 has come to an end and all Ratings have been reset, the Season 3 Leaderboards will be archived off so you can always reference who was tops in previous seasons.

Tier Rewards

(Based on your tier at the end of Season 3)

Tier 3 - Rating < 1300

• Unique Season 3 Tier 3 Title

• Unique Season 3 Bronze Trophy Decoration

• Unique Color Crystal Lockbox containing a new, unique color crystal in every stat currently available (Crit, Endurance, Expertise & Power)

Tier 2 - Rating 1300-1649

• Color Crystal Lockbox from Tier 3

• Unique Season 3 Tier 2 Title

• Unique Season 3 Silver Trophy Decoration

• Furious Weapon Set based off Top Tier PvE and PvP gear (Revanite)

Tier 1 - Rating 1650+

• Color Crystal Lockbox from Tier 3

• Weapon Set from Tier 2

• Unique Season 3 Tier 1 Title

• Unique Season 3 Gold Trophy Decoration

• Furious Armor Set based off Top Tier PvE and PvP gear (Revanite)

• Baron Deathmark’s Furious Walker (as seen in the teaser blog)

In addition to these tiered rewards the top performers are getting something special! The three highest rated characters of each Advanced Class are getting a unique Season 3 title. Only 96 characters will receive this reward. A prestigious honor indeed!

We are still locking down the specifics of exact titles, art and animations but once everything is finalized we will update this thread post haste!

Are you good enough to sport Deathmark’s furious walker? Get the group back together for one last hurrah or brave the solo queue and show them all!

Happy Hunting!

-The Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ PvP Team

Edited by CourtneyWoods

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least on the level of Season 1.. More or less. Not like Season 2. I like the direction you are going. And also I'm honestly surprised that tier 1 is going to be 1650 this time. Not surprised in a bad way, just surprised. I expected the tier 1 to go down, considering how little people play. But that's good, not catering to 100% casuals. Not that 1650 is very high, of course, but it requires a good 30-40 games at least, if lucky and skilled enough.

Its more like season 1 so thats better.

The mount is cool, 1650 rating is quite high but I guess it just makes it all the more valuable and challenging to get.

So good thing that top tier mount is returning.

While armor, weapons, and color crystals are nice, they really aren't a big deal to me and most players Im sure just because we'll wear what looks good on our characters, and the gear may or may not look well with what look we want for our character.

Crystal is nice, but since its only tier 1 anyone can get it so its kind of "whatever." So it becomes more of a "timed-exclusive" type thing, but I guess thats ok, one of those things were a year down the road people ask where you can get that crystal and you say it's not available anymore.

Overall: better than s2.

But the gap between 1300 and 1650 is kind of big between those reward tiers. Im not complaining that its too hard to get to top tier (fairly close to 1650 on my s3 main), its a matter of what you want the tiers to represent.

With these, its "everyone", "everyone who doesn't suck", "really top tier players".

Just to make sure that I understand the Tier 3 rewards correctly, when it says <1300 does that mean anyone who's played at least one ranked match gets the tier 3 rewards?

Im guessing its at least 10 games? Since only after playing 10 it shows a highest rating on your character's interface, even though you still have a rating before completing 10 games.

• Dev Post
Just to make sure that I understand the Tier 3 rewards correctly, when it says <1300 does that mean anyone who's played at least one ranked match gets the tier 3 rewards?

You need to play 10 games to get a rating in Ranked gameplay and qualify for rewards.

In my opinion the Tier 1 rating is quite high looking at how there are clearly not enough people queuing for SRWZ, it's basically dead on some servers.

As well to many under geared people queuing, as well some trolls and there are nearly not enough safe-checks against that.

Also looking at how you can end up in RWZ with only 3 people or less on your team, if other quits then it's instant loss and you still lose rating for that.

There are not enough safe-check for SRWZ Tier 1 rating to be at such high point.

Edited by ProKsnNwk

Im guessing its at least 10 games? Since only after playing 10 it shows a highest rating on your character's interface, even though you still have a rating before completing 10 games.

You need to play 10 games to get a rating in Ranked gameplay and qualify for rewards.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't do much PVP, and haven't touched ranked, but I might just to get me some crystals. :)

Any chance of seeing or noting the colors of the crystals ahead of time? I don't do very much PvP, and haven't done any ranked. But depending on what the colors are or might be, I may very well drop into some matches to get that. And have a few guildies who would be in the same boat. Depending on colors and previews of some of the other stuff, we've got a few that have shown some interest in starting some ranked PvP.

I'll say this- the rewards are definitely stirring interest in a number of us who otherwise wouldn't think about ranked PvP.

• Dev Post
Any chance of seeing or noting the colors of the crystals ahead of time? I don't do very much PvP, and haven't done any ranked. But depending on what the colors are or might be, I may very well drop into some matches to get that. And have a few guildies who would be in the same boat. Depending on colors and previews of some of the other stuff, we've got a few that have shown some interest in starting some ranked PvP.

I'll say this- the rewards are definitely stirring interest in a number of us who otherwise wouldn't think about ranked PvP.

Unfortunately the color hasn't been finalized (once it is we will update the post) but just imagine a crystal in the spirit of Season 3 :d_evil:

• Dev Post
Rewards look great and the tiers seem fair, will top 3 title be all-galaxy again or something along the lines of " All-Furious *class*?

Thanks again for the announcement being earlier and the variety of rewards ! :)

The Top 3 title will not be the same as Season 2.

Something I just thought of in terms of the color crystals. Will players be getting two of each color crystal type? I'm thinking of dual wielding classes who would likely want both weapons to use the same color without having to sacrifice stats. That would most commonly end up being either two expertise or two power crystals.

In my opinion the Tier 1 rating is quite high looking at how there are clearly not enough people queuing for SRWZ, it's basically dead on some servers.

As well to many under geared people queuing, as well some trolls and there are nearly not enough safe-checks against that.

Also looking at how you can end up in RWZ with only 3 people or less on your team, if other quits then it's instant loss and you still lose rating for that.

There are not enough safe-check for SRWZ Tier 1 rating to be at such high point.

Rating is power across the board and they up the tier. Seems legit...

Yeh, way too high. 1500 would have actually been better this season

Rating is power across the board and they up the tier. Seems legit...

Yeh, way too high. 1500 would have actually been better this season

I agree with 1500...you basically giving the top 96 players tier 1, just make it exclusively to the 96 and forget the rating

ugh, can we do something about that for servers like The Harbinger where Ranked has literally maybe 8 people playing it (on one side)? Ive only ever been able to play 1 ranked match on The Harbinger, so can we please get some like metrics in on the Ranked Queue reward elegibility i want my S3 rewards, but i cant get them if nobody is playing Solo or even Group ranked...

ugh, can we do something about that for servers like The Harbinger where Ranked has literally maybe 8 people playing it (on one side)? Ive only ever been able to play 1 ranked match on The Harbinger, so can we please get some like metrics in on the Ranked Queue reward elegibility i want my S3 rewards, but i cant get them if nobody is playing Solo or even Group ranked...

Bull.

Harbinger has one of the best pop rates, people spam in fleet when ranked is popping.

I've probably got over 300 games across my legacy.