Accidental Abandoned Missions? Why can you not restore?

Saounga

12/10/2012 - I accidentally dropped a mission from my quest log. I was at the Forward Bunker here in Hoth and wanting to un-track the mission to focus on my Class missions, I accidentally abandoned it. I had spoken through the Holoterminal here and that is when it happened/

Is there any way to re-obtain the quest-line?

I tried killing the NPCs needed, went back to the original quest givers and looked for them, logged in and out, flew to the imperial fleet, using my quick travel and nothing works.

Can you please help?

ANSWER from CS:

12/16/2012 - SWTOR CSR: Greetings, Saounga.

I am Protocol Droid P4-Q1 of Human-Cybog Relations.

I have received your transmission regarding your mission issue.

Regrettably we are unable to grant players missions when they have been abandoned, however you MAY BE able to gain this mission by having another player share it with you in-game, so HOPEFULLY this will resolve the issue.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid P4-Q1 (aka Leanne)

MY ANSWER BACK:

12/16/2012 - Concerning my last question about ticket *******

I do not understand what this cannot be restored. I pay for my account ( not a free member), I have been told that I am a preferred member. I would like to know why I am being punished on my character because I accidentally abandoned a mission. This is outrageously unfair and if this is a result of some programming glitch, then there is no wonder why the game is now optionally free to play. As a paying member, it should be YOUR responsibility as a company or representative there of to give me some reasonable enjoyment of this game. By not allowing my character to progress with the mission, you are taking that reasonable enjoyment away.

Sincerely,

(my name)

:rak_01:"MAY BE able to gain this mission by having another player share it with you in-game, so HOPEFULLY this will resolve the issue." - Please, will this even work? Maybe? Hopefully? It is either a yes or a no.:rak_01:

Edited by Saounga
Forgot last sentence statement/Grammar error

MY ANSWER BACK:

12/16/2012 - Concerning my last question about ticket *******

I do not understand what this cannot be restored. I pay for my account ( not a free member), I have been told that I am a preferred member. I would like to know why I am being punished on my character because I accidentally abandoned a mission. This is outrageously unfair and if this is a result of some programming glitch, then there is no wonder why the game is now optionally free to play. As a paying member, it should be YOUR responsibility as a company or representative there of to give me some reasonable enjoyment of this game. By not allowing my character to progress with the mission, you are taking that reasonable enjoyment away.

Sincerely,

(my name)

:rak_01:"MAY BE able to gain this mission by having another player share it with you in-game, so HOPEFULLY this will resolve the issue." - Please, will this even work? Maybe? Hopefully? It is either a yes or a no.:rak_01:

Wow, overreact much? Abandoning a single quest and not having it restored to you removes "reasonable enjoyment" ? Not having a single quest, that *you* chose to abandon, is why the game is now optionally free to play? They are not the ones that are keeping you from progressing the mission, you are, no one else. Take a little responsibility for your own actions / choices, remain civil when you don't get the answer you want -- even if it was over something that was out of your control (though this was entirely in yours), rudeness and *****hattery are highly unlikely to get you the result you are looking for. That said, as poor as this game's CS is, no amount of politeness is likely to resolve *any* issue, which *is* likely a contributing factor to the declining subs and subsequent f2p conversion.

Two things:

1) When you abandon a quest, you always get a confirmation window asking if you are sure that you want to abandon the quest, as you may not be able to get it again. Since you don't get confirmation boxes when simply untracking a quest, this is 100% totally on you.

2) If the quest was a bonus quest, you will not be able to pick it up again, in most cases, nor will anyone be able to share it with you. If it was a normal quest then you can get it again through the original questgiver.

• 9 months later...
Regardless of his overreaction, it is a serious quest system design flaw. EVERY other MMO out there allows you to Re aquire a quest if you abandon it. The most notable being WoW. If Bioware is trying to "break the mold" by having this terrible flaw in their game they are seriously delusional in thinking that it is a good system. Accidents happen and having the ONE soulution of "have someone who also has the quest share it with you" while adequate enough to rectify this type of situation it is still like spitting in the face of paying customers. I am currently having the same issue on Nar Shaddaa. I was working on side mission "A subtle enemy" and was one objective from completion when i clicked on the elevator next to the computer instead, was ported out of "story zone" which promptly blew up not allowing me back into the "story zone" to complete that last objective. I abandoned thinking that i could go back to the quest giver and start the quest over again only to find out that he just brushes me off with the only way to get the quest now it via sharing. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE flaw that needs to be fixed

• 3 years later...