What is a smash-monkey?

Dabrixmgp

Just resubbed and keep hearing that term thrown around. I know both Knight and Warrior ACs get a Smash type ability. So does it refer to playing one of those classes and just using that ability or something? I thought it had a pretty decent CD so you couldnt really spam it? Edited by Dabrixmgp

3rd tree Focus/Rage for Knights and Warriors either AC. It isn't spammable but damn near close lol. Easiest spec to get high damage with in pvp especially for considering if you min/max right you can AOE smash/sweep up to or higher 6k damage. Pretty fun spec to play right now if you like easy kills lol

So both classes can do it? seems most people refer to the dual wielding classes when using the term.

After 1.3 or 1.4 ( I don't keep up with the updates) the changes with Sweep/smash applied to any using the Focus/Rage tree. Before Sentinels and Maras were using that tree but it wasn't as popular as it is now. It became popular and once the changes were implemented for both ACs Juggs and Guardians started using it too.

Semi on/off topic, does anyone have a solid 1.6 build for this playstyle? I'm entirely new to the melee classes, but plan on having a jedi guardian and sith marauder, both dps and this sounds like an ideal setup for clearing story content quickly and easily.

It really doesn't come into it's own until the ending levels when you can stack it so it always crits about 6k to everybody in range.

Also people who say it's not overpowered say it's really hard to do. There's like three buttons to push, so the rotation can be hard to figure out ;)

It really doesn't come into it's own until the ending levels when you can stack it so it always crits about 6k to everybody in range.

Also people who say it's not overpowered say it's really hard to do. There's like three buttons to push, so the rotation can be hard to figure out ;)

I sense the sarcasm lol

And you're pretty much spot on with the rotation. Force Charge>Force Crush>Battering assault>smash or Obliterate>smash

Depending on how fast I want to get the damage in I cut the rotation short once I get the procs or if it is someone with full health with good gear obliterate and then smash always works and you see the damage flying around on the screen