Bought Armor 27 on GTN - How do I RE?

Thanatus

Hello,

so I bought an armor 27 on GTN. How can I RE it? I read somewhere that I need to put it into a legacy shell? Will any legacy shell work, e.g. the cheapest I can get from the Dromund Kaas vendor, or do I need a specific one?

thanks

Edited by Thanatus

You can put it in any orange piece you have and take it out to make it RE able. You need to be cybertech 400 for 27 armoring.

I guess you know already that it may take a lot of armorings to get the schematic. If i may guess you got to spend about 10 mill credits to get it. Of course if you are lucky it may only take 5 tries but it could be easy 20 or more.

If you have maxed you companions affection and bought the engineering sensor for the ship droid the chances are better. Still its a gamble.

I am assuming that you look for a sure money maker on GTN in the future by crafting those? You got to ask yourselfe the question on on how well will 27 armorings sell once 2.0 goes live and everybody will start leveling to 55. Will 27 armorings still be in high demand?

Of course if the armoring bought was a boss drop, not a crafted one, then you can just reverse engineer it right away without any tricks. (Less likely anyone would put such directly to GTN but technically possible)

It's just for player crafted items that you don't have any chance to learn schematics from, unless you do stuff like that to make them loose the information about their crafter.