Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preview Panel and DYNís changes : Cargo Holds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Preview Panel and DYNís changes : Cargo Holds

TrixxieTriss
03.28.2019 , 07:17 PM | #1
Will the updates to the DYNís and preview panel system allow for more tabs to be added to Cargo holds?

As someone who has played the game for 7 years with every Cargo tab open on 60+ alts, I find I need to use a personal guild on both factions with 7 tabs just to store stuff.
Even then itís not enough because my legacy cargo hold canít hold all the legacy gear I want to keep or mats I need to craft on multiple Alts. It has trouble just holding the mats for each profession.

If you canít add it to 5.10.2, can you please add more tabs in 5.10.3 for our personal and legacy Cargo Holds or can you change each tab so it has the same amount of slots as a guild tab
This would be a massive QOL improvement for many people

xordevoreaux
03.28.2019 , 09:34 PM | #2
Opening up a cargo or legacy bay = hits to the database tables which store the information regarding what's in your bays.

The more you have stuffed in a bay, the longer it takes to open, because there's more data for the database to retrieve. Graphical enhancements have no bearing on how much or how quickly data is retrieved. Additional bays will simply slow the data retrieval process more because there's subsequently more data to fetch.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

SteveTheCynic
03.29.2019 , 06:24 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Will the updates to the DYNís and preview panel system allow for more tabs to be added to Cargo holds?
Those updates will make *no* difference to whether there can be more cargo hold tabs. They will neither aid nor hinder such a change.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Holocron
04.19.2019 , 01:45 PM | #4
They really need to add legacy gear to its own version of a collections system, because there is way too much of it. I'm at 4 solid banks worth, and I only have a little over half of all legacy gear. Then they will be adding all kinds of new legacy gear with onslaught, so storage will soon be a nightmare! Also throwing all resources into a legacy wide collection would be super awesome too, as legacy items and resources are the last two items that typically take up the largest portions of people's banks.

^ My referral link above is like a one night stand ^
You'll enjoy it...I'll enjoy it...And no one has to sneak out