Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Roarrk
12.31.2011 , 10:40 AM | #1021
Quote: Originally Posted by Cernnunnose View Post
I really wish i would have known about this before hand... this kinda ruins the most fun aspect of my game.....

btw, i just did the flirt option not even a week ago... whatever "fix" they implemented didnt work....
Have you finished act I yet? She won't begin talking to even people who aren't bugged until after Act I

SuperSair
12.31.2011 , 10:40 AM | #1022
Quote: Originally Posted by Spyderwraith View Post
So many bugs related to companion discussions- Bioware should have realized thats 99% of the reason why people buy thier games hahaha
Honestly it's hardly a bug comparable to the Kira or the Doc one. It just incorrectly displays the icon that they want to talk even though they don't, it doesn't have any real affect on your companion or the quest. Just a UI bug.

SidisAran
12.31.2011 , 10:44 AM | #1023
Quote: Originally Posted by Cernnunnose View Post
I really wish i would have known about this before hand... this kinda ruins the most fun aspect of my game.....

btw, i just did the flirt option not even a week ago... whatever "fix" they implemented didnt work....
If you haven't done "The Defector" before the patch on the 27th, you're good. They should put a sticky up top about known issues and at least state that they're working on it, but alas. They're just going to scare everyone away from Kira, or progressing on their Jedi. Again, it is fixed for new Jedi, or anyone that hasn't chosen the Dark Side/Flirt option prior to the patch.

DISCLAIMER: This information is from Bioware's patch notes on the 27th. SidisAran takes no responsibility for gamebreaking experiences resulting from Kira Carsen.

I've dealt with CCP, Turbine, Funcom, Trion and Blizzard, off the top of my head. I was able to get a proper response out of each of them. I've been a diehard Bioware fanboy for as long as I can remember, but this is really putting a strain on that.

Therien
12.31.2011 , 10:46 AM | #1024
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperSair View Post
Honestly it's hardly a bug comparable to the Kira or the Doc one. It just incorrectly displays the icon that they want to talk even though they don't, it doesn't have any real affect on your companion or the quest. Just a UI bug.
Okay okay.. I get it.. My bug is pretty harmless in the big scope of things.. But does it mean that the quest might appear all of the sudden.. Finishing act III or something?
(||▒▒▒▒||۝||)◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙*

Spyderwraith
12.31.2011 , 10:53 AM | #1025
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperSair View Post
There is a Doc companion bug? :-S I would hate to see the thread on that one although I will look just to be safe even though I do not care about Doc overmuch hah

Amanda_C
12.31.2011 , 11:12 AM | #1026
Another day without any kind of response or information about this issue.

BIOWARE DOES NOT CARE.

Until they start communicating with us about this issue I'm gonna keep saying it. It seems as if Bioware is taking the stance that this is OUR problem and we need to just deal with it and move on. They are not concerned about this issue.

I personally think that they have no idea how to fix this issue for those of us who missed our chance with Kira. I bet it's gonna be a very long time before we see a fix, if ever at all. It really is a shame that such a cool aspect of my class is broken and there is no plans to fix it, from what I can tell.

LifeOfMessiah
12.31.2011 , 11:22 AM | #1027
Please be patient, as I am sure they are working on a fix. If you haven't been paying attention, they have OVER 1 million users to take care of, and I imagine probably twice as many complaints, reports, and suggestions to sift through. We cannot expect them to respond to EVERY single one. It's not like they have 1 million developers. They are probably only staffed with somewhere around 100-200. Divide 1 million by 200 and you can see what they have to work with. If you are new to the MMO world, be patient as things like this happen all the time in MMOs. This bug is nothing new. I'd say for BioWare's first attempt at an MMO, this thing is awesome....perhaps the best MMO I have ever played. Give the developers time. If they said they are working on it, then expect them to be working on it. I expect the next time they say something will be in a patch, so please be patient.

Spyderwraith
12.31.2011 , 11:51 AM | #1028
Patience is seemingly a virtue that is lost.

Not to be devil's advocate but when Bioware said "we are working on it" Perhaps they felt thier user base was not one that would need to be coddled by play by play updates on what they are doing

Roarrk
12.31.2011 , 11:54 AM | #1029
Quote: Originally Posted by LifeOfMessiah View Post
Please be patient, as I am sure they are working on a fix. If you haven't been paying attention, they have OVER 1 million users to take care of, and I imagine probably twice as many complaints, reports, and suggestions to sift through. We cannot expect them to respond to EVERY single one. It's not like they have 1 million developers. They are probably only staffed with somewhere around 100-200. Divide 1 million by 200 and you can see what they have to work with. If you are new to the MMO world, be patient as things like this happen all the time in MMOs. This bug is nothing new. I'd say for BioWare's first attempt at an MMO, this thing is awesome....perhaps the best MMO I have ever played. Give the developers time. If they said they are working on it, then expect them to be working on it. I expect the next time they say something will be in a patch, so please be patient.
We've been patient for over 2 weeks (some months from the beta..). I understand that theres a lot of issues being that this is a new game. However, my issue is that Bioware wont even respond to us. The only responses we've gotten are "we're working on it" and "Go F*** yourself" from the droid. I have no problem waiting for a few weeks or a month. Waiting indefinitely is what i have a problem with. Bioware hasn't communicated with us AT ALL. Any simple ETA such as a few days, a few weeks, or a few months would be great in my opinion. (Although obviously i dont want to wait months lol). They have yet to give us ANYTHING though. Thats what makes me angry

EDIT: I'm to the point where i'd even be okay with "we have no idea how to fix this. If you truly care re-roll your character." Thats better than "Shut the F*** up and keep waiting."

Spyderwraith
12.31.2011 , 12:21 PM | #1030
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hi everyone - we're continuing to look into the issue preventing progress with Kira for those of you who are still experiencing it. We're sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
THIS is from A Bioware worker right HERE who posted it on the 28th!

The 28th! that was three days ago for crying out loud