Happy Two Year Anniversary from the Community Team

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to hear from the Community Team and all your happy memories.

I so want to see a photo of the Live Services area now. :D Do you have staff that monitors it like 24/7?

Amber always had the most demanding job of the three of you, from what I understand. She had to get up early for each maintenance and post patch notes and twitter updates, and would always be called in during the weekend when a server crashed. It's great to hear she stays at the company, and I am looking forward to hear about the new member to the Community Team.

See you at a cantina event!

Ya, I would be jumping ship on this game as well if I were you.

I had some good times in it, but those times are quickly coming to an end. The slap in the face to subscribers, nickle and dime fest, and utterly lackluster "celebrations" just turns people away. How on earth someone thought that fireworks and a skin for a vehicle I will never use was a "reward" i will never understand. Bioware does NOT know how to party.

Face it. The only thing keeping this game alive (and me still playing) is the fact that it is Star Wars. If it wasn't it would have died long ago.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Ya, I would be jumping ship on this game as well if I were you.

I had some good times in it, but those times are quickly coming to an end. The slap in the face to subscribers, nickle and dime fest, and utterly lackluster "celebrations" just turns people away. How on earth someone thought that fireworks and a skin for a vehicle I will never use was a "reward" i will never understand. Bioware does NOT know how to party.

Face it. The only thing keeping this game alive (and me still playing) is the fact that it is Star Wars. If it wasn't it would have died long ago.

*facepalm*

Iv'e had a great time over these two years too , hopefully many more are to come. Looking forward to a level cap increase :) and more missions! I thank the 3 of you and the rest of the team , keep up the good work.

Happy Holidays ,

BadOrb.

I have to say, 2 years really has flown by in SWTOR. Best first 2 years in an MMO ever. Different, but still the best. :)

Eric, I think almost everyone in the community would agree that you have been outstanding as Community Manager for the player base. Even the games harshest critics for the most part would agree with me here I think. :)

Amber, you have been one of a few persistent and familiar Bioware voices sharing space with us about the game since launch. I can only imagine the stories behind the scenes over the last two years as you walk the tightrope between the players and the Austin team. Grats on your new gig as Live Producer at BioWare Austin. :cool:

Courtney, those of us that have been here since the start I think will agree that your name tag on gold posts have represented sanity and patience in a sometimes chaotic stream of player frustrations. I'm not sure how you do that.. but kudos for what you do. Oh.. and can I haz a copy of that fancy excel spreadsheet in my stocking for Christmas? :p Yeah....didn't thinks so... but hey.. had to ask. :D

And, as I recall.. you guys work for Grant, right? And I'm sure he is lurking here... so I'd like to suggest that he makes sure to have lots of cool and special stocking stuffers for you guys. ;)

Edited by Andryah

My experience of SWTOR for the last two years has been one of hope, yet disappointment.

I hoped for an immersive, quality, A+ MMO in the Star Wars universe.

I started the game at launch with a group of friends who were excited to play the game. However all the launch issues and the excruciatingly slow rate of bug fixes finally drove them all off. I am the only one who still plays. They would not even return for free. Constructive point is Bioware needs to put out quality releases and turn around bug fixes faster

The game started with a Bounty Hunter class bug which prevented end game access for months. Residual bugs from that issue were never fixed, only clearing when the level cap was raised to 55. Constructive point is Bioware needs to put out quality releases, acknowledge and give updates on known bugs, and turn around fixes faster.

Then the horrible Guild Summit. Let's pay a privileged few subscribers to travel to Texas. Apparently their subscription dollars are better than mine. Then Bioware just talks at the player representatives instead of using the time to get them involved. Bioware didn't have to fly people to Texas to tell them what was coming up. Constructive feedback is Bioware needs to funnel it's resources into content and game quality.

My next memory is of Heroic Space missions that required you to buy upgrades from the Cartel Market. Amazing. Constructive feedback is never force subscribers into the Cartel market.

Still not learning from the Space upgrade fiasco, they require subscribers to purchase the next race from the Cartel Market. They still do not see why this is wrong. Constructive feedback is never force subscribers into the Cartel market.

All the damaged PvP implementations (win trading, afk rewards) show a total lack of understanding of MMO PvP. Constructive feedback is learn to do PvP right, or not at all.

I still jump in every so often and do space missions, but the last two years have been far too painful for this to be my go to MMO. I have not seen any announcements of coming features that would change this. Constructive feedback is give me new class, extended class story, new Space rail missions, Space PvE, quality pass to fix 2 year old bugs.

Edited by LOWTHOR

Happy 2nd anniversary and a big thank you for this wonderful game which is now my alltime favorite. But I had some ups and downs in the first months. When I started I had a lot of fun but after some time I lost motivation and quit (I'm still so sad that because of this I missed the tauntaun ram :()

After a while I started playing together with my husband - we finished my jedi story and started as a smuggler/soldier team and had and still have a great time.

So thanks Bioware and thanks to my husband :)

Now I have to go and throw some more snowballs :D

Thanks for all the good work you guys do (bonus thanks for the humor and levity), and happy holidays to you and yours!

Indeed, thanks folks!

You three are definitely way up there on the list of best community managers out of all the MMO's I've played over the years.

Enjoy the holidays!

Eric, I think almost everyone in the community would agree that you have been outstanding as Community Manager for the player base. Even the games harshest critics for the most part would agree with me here I think. :)

You do not speak for me. Ever. If you want to suck up to Eric publicly, at least have the integrity to do it in your own name, and not that "of the people", whom you do not represent, and let those who agree with you (of which I am not one) voice their agreement themselves.

FYI: I am not saying that i think Eric is doing a "bad" job, I am saying that I do not consider it "outstanding".

Thank you for these two amazing years! I've really had an amazing time. There's just so much I enjoy with this game that it would take forever for me to name everything. Instead I'd like to share a small story about my experience about this game.

About every second week me and my two brothers visit our mom at her place. We always bring our laptops and then we all (mom included) play SWTOR together. We usually do flashpoints and heroics together and have also been known to PvP a little.

Those are really great family moments!

Thank you all for a fun 2 years! And congrats Amber on the new position!

Raid nights with the guild have always been full of great fun and memories, and I have made so many new friends.

Playing the Imperial Agent story is still one of the most enthralling game experiences I've had.

Nice. Glad i was checking the Dev tracker I got my Fawn. Thanks Eric.

Yep, same here. Thanks, Eric!

(In fact, I just woke up from a Nyquil-infused sleep (have the icky flu), and happened to pop on here before I took some more. For once, my timing with these Fawn Codes worked!)

One of the very first times my ops group was taking down Kephess back in the day, we entered his missile spam/soft enrage and everyone started to die one by one. Being one of our tanks, I have plenty of CDs, and end up being the last person left alive at 2% left and manage to avoid all the missiles and whittle him down with a sliver of life on myself, dodging and shielding back to saber throw, followed by a quick dispatch. Good times.