Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Transfers, 10 Months Later....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Transfers, 10 Months Later....

Icebergy
05.10.2013 , 10:45 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Crashedhardrive View Post
Just because that's what YOU would do with a server transfer doesn't mean that's what everyone would use them for. They have to plan for what a majority of people CAN do with the changes they make.
I would be willing to bet that a large % of the people who want transfers so bad are already not playing on the server they want to transfer off of. And I would also bet that most of the remaining people are APAC.

I am one of the people the trolls would probably call a 'fanboy', but there really are no more excuses on transfers. Especially the fact that they won't even tell us whats going on. They should at the very least tell us what the hold up is.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Icebergy
05.13.2013 , 01:52 PM | #62
They finally broke the silence! From mmorpg.com:

Quote:
MMORPG.com: Are for-pay server transfers coming? If so, when can players look forward to this service? Can you talk about any additional for-pay services players can look forward to?

Cory Butler: Paid Character Transfers were originally slated to be part of Game Update 2.1, but we ran into a few bugs with the new Legacy Achievement system. You can expect Paid Character Transfers to be coming in hot on the heels of Game Update 2.1. No new announcements for paid services to make at this time.

He didnt say in 2.2, so that either means they don't think they can get them in in time for 2.2 or it will be between 2.1 and 2.2. I am hoping for the latter, but we shall see.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

tanktest
05.15.2013 , 01:37 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Crashedhardrive View Post
Just because that's what YOU would do with a server transfer doesn't mean that's what everyone would use them for. They have to plan for what a majority of people CAN do with the changes they make.
hm , no matter how you look at it they are Transfers . and do you really think that's gonna hurt SW it may being more players.

I'm willing to bet that will be the main use for it , to transfer from server to server and I'll bet they will even have limits on how many you can do when etc .

And its been what now almost two years to plan for it or more ?.

I know this is a old dog

RIFT had them 6 month after the game went live with one limit you can do them once a week free and I think you still can .

In June RIFT goes Full F2P .

tanktest
05.15.2013 , 01:45 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
They finally broke the silence! From mmorpg.com:

He didnt say in 2.2, so that either means they don't think they can get them in in time for 2.2 or it will be between 2.1 and 2.2. I am hoping for the latter, but we shall see.
I'm hoping like you said some time with in the next few weeks before or at 2.2 or shortly after may two weeks after, its been dragging on long enough now .

Icebergy
05.16.2013 , 11:32 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by tanktest View Post
I'm hoping like you said some time with in the next few weeks before or at 2.2 or shortly after may two weeks after, its been dragging on long enough now .
Far far too long.

Ten_Ton_Hammer
05.16.2013 , 11:33 AM | #66
hood toggle

Icebergy
05.16.2013 , 11:52 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Ten_Ton_Hammer View Post
hood toggle
Is absolutely no where near as important as server transfers.

Marcusftfw
05.16.2013 , 08:50 PM | #68
Come on, APAC is barely alive, I have plenty of toons of different levels, I'm trying to chase the wz pops, even then... yesterday online for 8 hours.... 3 WZ's. WHAT ARE U WAITING FOR THIS IS REDICULOUS. Apac is generally pissed at what you decided to do with our servers but now with no e.t.a people are getting suicidal on the fleet. I see atleast 10-20 people jump over the barriers due to sheer boredom everyday now, it's a growing pandemic. We're lucky to get 50 people on the imp fleet at any one time.

Transfer us now before it's too late, or atleast give us an e.t.a

KTHNXBYE
-Win

Icebergy
05.17.2013 , 09:15 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Marcusftfw View Post
Come on, APAC is barely alive, I have plenty of toons of different levels, I'm trying to chase the wz pops, even then... yesterday online for 8 hours.... 3 WZ's. WHAT ARE U WAITING FOR THIS IS REDICULOUS. Apac is generally pissed at what you decided to do with our servers but now with no e.t.a people are getting suicidal on the fleet. I see atleast 10-20 people jump over the barriers due to sheer boredom everyday now, it's a growing pandemic. We're lucky to get 50 people on the imp fleet at any one time.

Transfer us now before it's too late, or atleast give us an e.t.a

KTHNXBYE
That sucks...I was in a similar situation, though not quite that bad, on my original server about 14 months ago. I took matters into my own hands and rerolled on Jedi Covenant.

It worked out great, I am happy with my guild and friends on JC, but it is also the reason I need transfers now. I want my original alts back.

Wodaz
05.17.2013 , 11:03 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
I want my original alts back.
This is exactly why I'm looking forward to server transfers!!
"Wodaz here! I'm all about havin' fun. You know, get a couple cocktails in me, start a fire in someone's kitchen. Maybe go to SeaWorld, take my pants off. Anyway, I'm kinda known for my catch phrase WHAMMY!!!!!"