Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Server Transfers, 10 Months Later....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Transfers, 10 Months Later....

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
05.09.2013 , 11:25 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Dulfy made a comment on her site last week that leads me to believe that we MIGHT see these in 2.2 or 2.3. I would have thought if it was 2.2 they would have started hyping it though.
Just have to be patient. You know it's coming. Clearly until it is fully self-serve and flexible enough to allow the player to select from point A to point B... it's not ready for release.

I gather it follows the same methodology as character renames that are coming in 2.1.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

Icebergy's Avatar


Icebergy
05.09.2013 , 11:53 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Just have to be patient. You know it's coming. Clearly until it is fully self-serve and flexible enough to allow the player to select from point A to point B... it's not ready for release.

I gather it follows the same methodology as character renames that are coming in 2.1.
Patience ran out 6 months ago.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

curtkram's Avatar


curtkram
05.09.2013 , 12:02 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Just have to be patient. You know it's coming. Clearly until it is fully self-serve and flexible enough to allow the player to select from point A to point B... it's not ready for release.

I gather it follows the same methodology as character renames that are coming in 2.1.
i keep missing the dev statements on this. they did voluntary transfers once before as i recall. you could voluntarily move to a sever of their choosing. if you chose not to, you were transferred anyway. remember that? do you suppose that's how they expect "point A" and "point B" to work? i still think that the next transfer will be from apac servers to west coast servers chosen by EA. this is because the devs said at some point that's how they intend to fix their apac empty server problems. i have also seen that they implemented some sort of voluntary transfer to the PTS. maybe their next voluntary transfer will coincide with when they open the pts next, and we will be allowed to voluntarily transfer there while we keep another copy of our characters on our normal servers?

it sure seems to me that this topic comes up a lot. if the devs had any intention of implementing a system that wouldn't piss of the player base, even if it's another 6 months out, i think they would say something about it. as it is, with my understanding of their release history and intentions, there is no reason to believe transfers will happen in the way most people in this thread would like.

saremun's Avatar


saremun
05.09.2013 , 12:08 PM | #54
i had 8 characters on Fredon Nadda once and i contacted the support in case they could transfer 4 of the characters(Imps) to another RP server instead of the PVP server and they did it the next day, i still even have the Emails from the Team in my MSN just in case.

so yeah the service is there but there is something holding it...

but i must say that iam very thankful to them cause my Orgin server was RP server so they transfered my characters based in that fact and how it effected me because the Server Emerge, and again thanks alot!

CosmicKat's Avatar


CosmicKat
05.09.2013 , 12:12 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by saremun View Post
i had 8 characters on Fredon Nadda once and i contacted the support in case they could transfer 4 of the characters(Imps) to another RP server instead of the PVP server and they did it the next day, i still even have the Emails from the Team in my MSN just in case.

so yeah the service is there but there is something holding it..
They have a legitimate excuse for holding off on server transfers. It could destroy servers if numbers drop again and people flee the least populated ones.

curtkram's Avatar


curtkram
05.09.2013 , 12:17 PM | #56
i had emails, in-game tickets, and forum posts saying they wouldn't move any of my characters. not that they couldn't, just that they wouldn't. when i asked, i think they were losing thousands of players a day so they just didn't care whether they lost my account or not.

can you say about when you asked, and was there something special you asked for or something about your reasoning that they would want to help? I would still get a couple more legacy unlocks if they moved a couple of my characters, but they've already told me they would prefer to see me quit. of course i'm sure a lot of people on the forums would prefer i quit, so i don't blame them.

Crashedhardrive's Avatar


Crashedhardrive
05.09.2013 , 12:26 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
They have a legitimate excuse for holding off on server transfers. It could destroy servers if numbers drop again and people flee the least populated ones.
I think Cosmic is probably right on this one. Ghost servers are not good for business.
A fool no matter how powerful is still a fool, and must be dealt with accordingly

Icebergy's Avatar


Icebergy
05.09.2013 , 12:27 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
They have a legitimate excuse for holding off on server transfers. It could destroy servers if numbers drop again and people flee the least populated ones.
Me moving my alt that I no longer play from the server I do not play on to the server that I do play on so that I can play that alt will not destroy any server numbers.

The only servers your excuse would have any merit over are the APAC ones, and I think they said they are shutting those down anyways.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

saremun's Avatar


saremun
05.09.2013 , 12:52 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by curtkram View Post
i had emails, in-game tickets, and forum posts saying they wouldn't move any of my characters. not that they couldn't, just that they wouldn't. when i asked, i think they were losing thousands of players a day so they just didn't care whether they lost my account or not.

can you say about when you asked, and was there something special you asked for or something about your reasoning that they would want to help? I would still get a couple more legacy unlocks if they moved a couple of my characters, but they've already told me they would prefer to see me quit. of course i'm sure a lot of people on the forums would prefer i quit, so i don't blame them.
that was in 2012-09-15 and the reason is that i was on an RP server bu after the emerge i couldnt transfer to any other RP server so i was foreced totransfer to Fredon Nadda(pvp server), at the start we had one destination from Lord Calypho server to Fredon Nadda but after some time and threads by players they offered a second destination server The Progenitor(which was great if i didnt already transfer to Fredon Nadda) so that was my reason. that was the best customer service i used before cause they acted quickly and all..

Crashedhardrive's Avatar


Crashedhardrive
05.09.2013 , 01:53 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Me moving my alt that I no longer play from the server I do not play on to the server that I do play on so that I can play that alt will not destroy any server numbers.

The only servers your excuse would have any merit over are the APAC ones, and I think they said they are shutting those down anyways.
Just because that's what YOU would do with a server transfer doesn't mean that's what everyone would use them for. They have to plan for what a majority of people CAN do with the changes they make.
A fool no matter how powerful is still a fool, and must be dealt with accordingly