The 1st Amendment

atduncan

"Please do not create threads that criticize the community in ways that incite overly negative reactions, as this is considered rude and disrespectful, which is not allowed. "

Now you get infractions for each post that criticizes the game. I suppose the SWTOR galaxy is more strict than Earth's 1st amendment --- freedom of speech.

I got this warning simply for a post stating that for subs the DLC is 25 (10 + 15 sub) vs just 10 dollars (half the cost of a new game). A true fact. Note: Go ahead and ban me for this. I won't be subbing any more after this treatment anyway

Learn the constitution bro. 1st amendment doesnt apply on privately owned venues. Go out on a sidewalk in PUBLIC and criticize SWTOR then they will be held liable for violating your rights.

Never said they violated my rights. Only that they are more strict than the constitution

Posts like the OP make me think I am not doing my job well enough...

...disappointed History Teacher :o

What is sad, is most who try to use it, have no idea what it really pertains to.

( hint for those who don't know...... it really does not give you the free speech you think it does)

Now you get infractions for each post that criticizes the game. I suppose the SWTOR galaxy is more strict than Earth's 1st amendment --- freedom of speech.

First off, the First Amendment is part of the Constitution of the United States of America; the term "Earth's 1st amendment" doesn't pertain to anything. Depending on your opinion on the United Nations, the closest you're going to get is Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, but, even then, it's not universally agreed upon and the UN is a notoriously toothless organization.

Even then, assuming you want to refer to the First Amendment in its proper sense, just because you have the right to say what you want, there are limitations on that right. In essence, you can say what you want, but you've got to be willing to deal with the consequences, especially if your behavior is specifically inflammatory or takes place in a private venue (as much as you might want to consider these forums "public", you agreed to a certain code of conduct when you signed up and they're fully within their rights to silence you if they don't like what you're saying). Essentially, it's their house so you have to follow their rules and since you *opted* into these rules (they were not imposed upon you; you simply had to agree to them to gain access to what they were providing), the First Amendment has no bearing upon their ability to enforce it.

Don't cite Constituional Law as if it has any bearing upon the Community Reps making you behave.

Earth's First Amendment. I lol'd hard. The tears in my eyes are part from laughter, and part sadness for what our world will become when those of the OPs generation are the future movers and shakers of the world. Edited by SDTAXantos

Earth's First Amendment. I lol'd hard. The tears in my eyes are part from laughter, and part sadness for what our world will become when those of the OPs generation are the future movers and shakers of the world.

HAHAHA, it's already starting to happen. One Direction and Justin Bieber are popular for this very reason.

The world ending in 2012 doesn't seem so bad in comparison

"Please do not create threads that criticize the community in ways that incite overly negative reactions, as this is considered rude and disrespectful, which is not allowed. "

I got this warning simply for a post stating that for subs the DLC is 25 (10 + 15 sub) vs just 10 dollars (half the cost of a new game). A true fact. Note: Go ahead and ban me for this. I won't be subbing any more after this treatment anyway

To paraphrase Grand Moff Kilran, "Trolling or incompetent... No matter." This thread can't be taken seriously in either event.

What is sad, is most who try to use it, have no idea what it really pertains to.

( hint for those who don't know...... it really does not give you the free speech you think it does)

Would it be possible for you to edit your sig and spell nickel right? (all 3 times) Every time I see a post by you it just grates... especially when you are trying to give out advice or correct others. It's been a long time, I figured by now you would have caught it and fixed it.

Would it be possible for you to edit your sig and spell nickel right? (all 3 times) Every time I see a post by you it just grates... especially when you are trying to give out advice or correct others. It's been a long time, I figured by now you would have caught it and fixed it.

No, I will not. It was done so on purpose.

Learn the constitution bro. 1st amendment doesnt apply on privately owned venues. Go out on a sidewalk in PUBLIC and criticize SWTOR then they will be held liable for violating your rights.

They still can't be held liable for violating anyone's rights. The 1st amendment only says that the GOVERNMENT can't restrict free speech.

If you're standing on the sidewalk talking out of your rectal orifice and I decide I don't like it, I can compel you to stop. Your rights have not been violated.

If you're standing on the sidewalk talking out of your rectal orifice and I decide I don't like it, I can compel you to stop. Your rights have not been violated.

Not true- in a public space you have no authority to do so. Now if they were doing as you describe- I'm sure someone with the authority would arrest them for it.

The difference is public and private space - you can't stop someone from talking **** in a private space, but you have the right to eject them from said private space. On the Internet this translates to - you have the right to sensor user submitted content to your privately maintained web space.

This reminds me of the SP episode about the human iCentipad

Earth's First Amendment. I lol'd hard. The tears in my eyes are part from laughter, and part sadness for what our world will become when those of the OPs generation are the future movers and shakers of the world.

This isn't something that started with the OP's generation. It's been going on in the US for decades.

Earths first amendment? Try America.

OP here the problem you criticizing post most likely was written in anger. Using words like Boif... This is not constructive posting. I know because i got a infraction for one of my post doing the same thing. Throwing a fit on these forums over pixels is not worth a head ache. It just a game something to pass the time. People are taking thing way to serous its no wonder post are being deleted. If you get that upset over something made up in the virtual world it time to step out side and away from the PC. Edited by Neoforcer