Much faster speeders.

BurnedRemains

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speeders are slow because BioWare doesn't want you to explore the small selected regions they created for each planet.

They want you to "think" they're big but they are not. So they made speeders slow in this game.

Edited by DuckKing

I think the speeder speeds seem fine for the landscape we have. If we had worlds twice the size of what we have now then I think maybe a little bit of an increase.

The taxi's right now cover the gap as they do move faster.

Now speaking of speed. What gets me is the Force Speed Skill for my Jedi Sage. It only last 2 seconds. :rolleyes:

I agree. Speeders need to feel like you're, you know... speeding. I'd like to see the speeders be closer in speed to the "taxi" speeders

But, I would suggest that faster speeders would also be harder to pilot, with a sense of acceleration, inertia and momentum that would prevent the rider from making hair pin turns and on demand stops. For balance, I'd also suggest that this be limited to the main access roads on most maps. Straying off the main paths would revert you back to the normal segway style putter, essentially penalizing those that can't navigate the course.

You can guess where i'm going with this... Speeder racing!

I agree. Speeders need to feel like you're, you know... speeding. I'd like to see the speeders be closer in speed to the "taxi" speeders

But, I would suggest that faster speeders would also be harder to pilot, with a sense of acceleration, inertia and momentum that would prevent the rider from making hair pin turns and on demand stops. For balance, I'd also suggest that this be limited to the main access roads on most maps. Straying off the main paths would revert you back to the normal segway style putter, essentially penalizing those that can't navigate the course.

You can guess where i'm going with this... Speeder racing!

You mean like speeders in ....

SWG.

(Yes I went there.)

:p

110% of running speed isn't fast enough for you?

LVL1: 13Mph x 180% = 23.4.........(or + 90%for 40k"7)

LVL2: 13Mph x 200% = 26Mph......(or + 100% for 210k"7)

LVL3: 13Mph x 220% = 28.6Mph...(or + 110% probably way too much)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=391142

The math has been done. The most expensive super advanced ultra high tech flying hover bike is about as fast as Usain Bolt, a human, can run. My car tops out at about 6 times faster. It is absurdly and annoyingly slow.

I think the speed is just fine. If I need to go far its either taxi or quick travel. 110% is fine just to get you here and there.

You should of been in SWG the first week, we had to run everywhere, no transport for miles. It was a godsend when mounts hit!

The math has been done. The most expensive super advanced ultra high tech flying hover bike is about as fast as Usain Bolt, a human, can run. My car tops out at about 6 times faster. It is absurdly and annoyingly slow.

I just like seeing math in forums. :) The number crunching is pretty cool imo.

Usain Bolt can only run that speed for short bursts. Try running at that speed for several miles.

Your car tops out at higher speeds but you also have to be more careful on how you navigate. One wrong turn and your dead. They could change that as well. Careful what you wish for :D

The game can barely draw the game's highly detailed worlds fast enough for the speeders we have now. There's no way they can make them much faster without you riding off into the matrix whenever you speed off on one.

Sorry, it's just not possible with this kind of game. Racing games cheat by not drawing out the entire world, leaving graphic holes in places where you cannot go, etc.. There is no way to use those kind of design cheats in a MMO built to this degree of detail.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar