Optimal RWZ composition

Arkillon

What do you think it'd be? I'm not talking about one for each map, but an "overall" best composition.

I thought:

1 smasher, jug

1 smasher, marauder

1 healer, sorc with bubble stun

1 healer, operative

1 dps, assassin

1 dps, sniper,

1 dps, pyrotech

1 dps (or semi tank), assassin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hybrid jugg - hybrid sin - sniper - pt - bubble sorc - op heal - smash mara - carnage mara - that is what I would like to run but could swap the pt or smash mara for another hybrid sin if you wanna have a sin guard swapping with the melee and the jugg focus on peeling / keepin the healers up with the carnage mara / assisting on their heals.

could also have the sorc be bubble / dps hybrid and just grab 2 op heals havin the sniper / sorc assisting from ranged would be nice as long as the sorc can keep up with the bubbles and knows dps is 2nd priority.

yeah ideally PT would be pyro, 2x hybrid sins obviously, but i thought dps hybrid with bubble was more force consuming than heals with bubble? haven't tried a sorc yet, but i know that stun is required in RWZ or you'll regret it.. even though 2 operatives is actually pretty good

hybrid jug? that's gimping the jug a bit for a bit more survivability, sniper would prob be eng/leth hybrid..

how well can merc healers handle RWZ?

yeah ideally PT would be pyro, 2x hybrid sins obviously, but i thought dps hybrid with bubble was more force consuming than heals with bubble? haven't tried a sorc yet, but i know that stun is required in RWZ or you'll regret it.. even though 2 operatives is actually pretty good

hybrid jug? that's gimping the jug a bit for a bit more survivability, sniper would prob be eng/leth hybrid..

how well can merc healers handle RWZ?

Few of the good teams I hear have been trying it, honestly sorcs dont run out of force often and can consume when they do... but bubble spec through extremely long fights will run low on force anyway.

only merc healer (to my knowledge) that even plays anymore is razbot, and everyone I have talked to says he is great on the merc but if he would roll a op he would be better....

you need a hybrid jugg or you will regret it. They are the best guard swappers for heals because of the friendly leap, and they have a lot of util you will lose only runnin sin hybrids.

the only thing i can quickly think of losing with replacing a jug for a sin would be the friendly leap and the force push/enemy leap... but sins have stealth, DF and an enemy pull, which kinda balances it, no?

Any team not running some sort of jugg tank or hybrid jugg tank is severely gimping themselves especially in huttball. Juggs are much better ball carriers and guarders (not node guarding, people guarding) than sins. While many good comps can be run the easiest to be successful with (as long as your jugg isn't terrible at guard swapping) is:

-hybrid tank jugg -carnagae mara

-hybrid tank sin -pyro pt

-op healer -pyro pt

-bubble stun sorc healer -marksman sniper

1. rage mara

1. carnage mara

1. pt

1. hybrid jugg

1. sin

1. sorc heals

1. op heals

1. sniper

I use to think that 2 pts were better than 2 maras, but now that the sniper is a mainstay in rateds. 2 maras imo will be better. Better utilities and survivablility for maras compared to pt.

slightly off topic, but what spec do you guys usually have your sniper run on which map? Actually in general and more relevant to the topic, what do snipers bring to the table that makes them an asset in ranked teams? I'm asking because I'm a bit new to this game and one of the best teams on my server runs with no snipers.

Mandatory:

Heal/bubble sorc

heal operative or razbot (merc) :)

Tank/hybrid Jugg

Tank hybrid Sin or Dosx (pt) :)

Mara middle tree

Interchangeables

Offnode sin/operative (sin a little better imo because of increased utility)

DPS

Sorc, jugg/mara smash, pt, sniper

I prefer pt so you can isolate your opponents with pulls.

Sure you can run two non-sorc heals, I think it works out well if you can have a dps sorc with bubbles. Otherwise, it really limits your ability to cc as effectively as possible.

slightly off topic, but what spec do you guys usually have your sniper run on which map? Actually in general and more relevant to the topic, what do snipers bring to the table that makes them an asset in ranked teams? I'm asking because I'm a bit new to this game and one of the best teams on my server runs with no snipers.

When a sniper is in cover, a sith warrior cannot force charge towards them. Furthermore, the sniper has several knock backs and stuns and roots (to mitigate damage done to them). A marksmanship sniper (burst damage) kills things fast and hard, most specifically, marauders and sorcerers.

Engineering snipers are excellent solo node deniers. They can solo a node and call for back up. They are also more likely to kill tanks than marksmanship.

Leathality snipers are the most mobile but for ranked, I wouldn't recommend them as their poisonous moves can be cleansed.

Also snipers provide an armour debuff and a brief healing debuff that can be useful for focus fire.

try somthing like

-jugg tank

-sin tank

-op healer

-sorc healer ( bubble if against heavy melee)

-hybrid snipers x2

- smash mara x2 ( 1 with mobile respec for carn pred)

run this line up becuase will snipers dominate in range dps they also have the most CC and defensive moves from melee, while in hybrid they blow people up while having AOE, since they have orbital they can place it on nodes in a roatation preventing cap

we run 2 maras becuase they survive alot longer than juggs and can both respec carn for huttball or just provide 2 regular predations. smash is so so inportant to have, it downs people when clumped and cuases the tanks and healers to freak out becuase 4 people dropped to 1/3 thier health while dps are blowing 1 player inparticular up

this is a hard line-up to master but very effective

Edited by iPvP