Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lord Vivicar

Paytun
12.25.2011 , 04:40 PM | #11
http://www.torhead.com/ability/eAC6Hwj

He puts a debuff on your before he does his one shot ability, use this to remove it....

Gerudan
12.25.2011 , 04:43 PM | #12
I just interrupted his spell, after that he was a complete joke.

Corran
12.27.2011 , 05:32 PM | #13
here i was all stressed that i was going to get my *** kicked by this guy

during this BUGGY mission (my trooper has no buggy missions all the way through the end of act 3 btw - guessing nobody actually tested consular in beta??) i died 3 times due to the entire map of mobs being pulled several times for no apparant reason and was really stressed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVtJIOXq6ac

if you need to use theran you need to learn your consular abilities.
"No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect." - Corran Horn
http://www.twitch.tv/dixa1

Gerudan
12.27.2011 , 06:17 PM | #14
Yeah, these enemy waves were somewhat annoying although I nearly survived the second wave.

All in all it seems to me, that the Consular is the class, that is most neglected by Bioware, specially compared to the inquisitor or the Jedi-Knight.

The companions are rather boring compared to other classes (others get a fallen sith or a fallen Jedi, we get...well...nothing, and for male Consulars the only RI we get, is the absolut last companion) AND we get them later than any other class. The headpieces all look ridiculous, some of our spells really look boring (pebble storm anyone?), the first act of the class quest is mostly boring etc. etc.

LordTyrantXerxis
12.27.2011 , 09:59 PM | #15
I tried to kite him at lvl 29 butt everything I threw at him was a resist. Got him to 75% before he got me. The ran heals good but viv would just destroy him.

agentbam
12.27.2011 , 10:21 PM | #16
Well guys the mission is finished thanks to you all. I am now stuck and can't travel to Balmorre. Bug is messed up and Bioware told me it's under investigation now. I have no idea when I can finish my class story now.

LordTyrantXerxis
12.27.2011 , 10:56 PM | #17
Well looks like I am gonna hang that up for the foreseeable future.

Gerudan
12.28.2011 , 06:36 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTyrantXerxis View Post
Well looks like I am gonna hang that up for the foreseeable future.
Just interrupt his spell, after that he does nothing. He really is easier than the three elite Troopers you kill on the way to him, just watch his castbar.

Skoll
12.28.2011 , 08:34 AM | #19
Used Tharan for healing and extra stuns. Used Mind Snap to interrupt his Force Crush and tried to keep my distance from him (Force Slow and Telekinetic Throw helped in that regard) and keeping Force Armor up as much as possible. That of course meant I had to rely mostly on insta-cast abilities (such as Weaken Mind and Project). Holiday's stuns allowed me to use non-instant abilities or heals without having to worry about him closing the gap.

Probably not the fastest way to defeat him but it works nicely even if he's a few levels higher than you. I was level 30 when I kicked his level 34 ***.
Hi! I'm Darth Harrington of Darth Harrington's Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids Emporium and Moon Base. Due to a garbled subspace transmission, I am currently overstocked on all Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids, and I am passing the savings onto yoooou!

Khadroth
12.28.2011 , 08:38 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by agentbam View Post
How did you guys beat him? What Campanion did you have with you at the time? I'm lvl 35 and he's lvl 34 Elite.
Tharan eats Vivicar's **** for breakfast. He'll spam Holiday interrupts on him and heal you. Just make sure to interrupt his heals, run away from force storm, and LoS his project storm. It's like PvP, win with pillar humping.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin