Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Keeping Launcher Open

Hillbilly_Dave
02.13.2018 , 07:57 PM | #1
Is there a way to make the launcher stay open instead of closing itself every time I start the game? It's annoying having to relaunch the launcher, log in, then wait for it to check that it's up to date, then actually start the game EVERY time I want to log in. This should be an option. No other launcher I've dealt with auto closes itself without at least having the option to have it stay open instead but I can't find any such options for this launcher.

SteveTheCynic
02.14.2018 , 03:10 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Dave View Post
Is there a way to make the launcher stay open instead of closing itself every time I start the game? It's annoying having to relaunch the launcher, log in, then wait for it to check that it's up to date, then actually start the game EVERY time I want to log in. This should be an option. No other launcher I've dealt with auto closes itself without at least having the option to have it stay open instead but I can't find any such options for this launcher.
GW2's launcher closes when you launch the game, and if you don't do the special thing when you exit the game, it isn't open afterwards.

"The special thing"? You have to log out, and that will return to the launcher, but you then have to log in again.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Eoinol
02.14.2018 , 04:26 AM | #3
If you don't log out, the server selection window stays open for a long time.

I haven't checked to see how long, but I only "log in" once a day, otherwise I find a safe place to stop and let the auto "log out" and bring me to the server selection page.
Vra'Kesh --- Jagdeth
Happy to help my referrals.
Main Server Darth Malgus accounts on all servers.

JediQuaker
02.14.2018 , 09:53 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Dave View Post
It's annoying having to relaunch the launcher, log in, then wait for it to check that it's up to date, then actually start the game EVERY time I want to log in.
How many freakin' times a day do you log in?

If you haven't already, get yourself an SSD and put SWTOR (and your OS) on it. (A 128 Gig SSD will do - any SSD is much faster than a hard drive..) That would shorten the time it takes to log in.

You could, perhaps, leave the game on the character select screen. I don't know how long it would stay there though.

Mubrak
02.14.2018 , 12:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
You could, perhaps, leave the game on the character select screen. I don't know how long it would stay there though.
30 minutes, then youre dropped to the server selection screen where you stay "forever". Unlike other games you don't need to relog at this point, your login data is still fine, you're just two clicks away from getting back into the game.
Tune down reflections to pre 5.5 values!
Move inventory tabs back to the bottom!
Remove the blue glow from useable stronghold objects and decorations!