Why you stared?

Dzolos

Heard about this game a really while back but my computer was kind of a potato and I may have forgot about this classic. :eek:

A few years later saw a video on youtube and saw the possible choices of dialogue and of races and fell in love all over again (also really helped that bioware had a hand in this I love them :o)

Thank god I'm now playing it because it's really different from all other MMOs from now. Too bad they don't make them like this anymore, it just feels like a game that is constantly on co-op or online mode with an actual story depending on class and race (slight differences if you chose different races). :D

Also really helps that the community is still alive despite being a game nearly a decade old. ;)

I started playing just a couple of months after the game was first released. I can't recall where I might have heard of it, but some of the people I used to play Guild Wars with, started an SWTOR guild and suggested I join.

After about a year or more playing SWTOR, I took some time off (another 1+ years) to play some WoW and Guild Wars 2, but I eventually came back to SWTOR.

It's an MMO. It's Star Wars. What's not to like. :)

Okay, not new, but we all were new once.

When I heard Bioware was releasing a star wars MMO, I was all like "What the...? Why not KOTOR 3?".

Some time later I heard that it was going F2P, I thought "Lol, should've made KOTOR 3 instead." and that was that.

Then came the RPG drought of 2012, I had backed those Kickstarter RPGs, but they weren't going to be released for a couple years. I was out of games to play and in the mood for something sci fi. And one weekend in early 2013 I remembered that F2P star wars mmo and gave it a try.

Turned out it was KOTOR 3; actually 8 of them, and playing with other players wasn't as bad as I always thought.

(Though I still need my alone time, and do story all on my own, preferably on an empty instance with chat closed.)

So, without devs moving away from the classic RPG I like, and without SWTOR being free to try without any commitment besides download time, I would have missed the game that dominated my gaming time for most of the decade.

Edited by Mubrak

Well its freaking STAR WARS!!! :D

No seriously, I played every single (and I am serious) Star Wars game until SWTOR, then I ginda grew up so I just stayed playing swtor. It was a great choice as you have a game with the environment and theme you love and it keeps on getting updates.