Spirit of Vengeance (6.2 Flashpoint)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there a special tactic for the final boss Heta Kol in story mode? the boss itself is not so hard but I despair since 2 days at the second wave of Adds, I see no way how I can survive this abhorrent high damage of the Sniper. :(

Other posts mention taking out the snipers first (stun one, work on the other until both are down). If you have a Heroic Moment, use it.

However, you may want to check on Rass Ordo's influence level. There is a bug that has him at influence level 1 for some players (I count myself as one). For the solo-story flashpoint, he is supposed to be at level 25. That definitely makes a difference when it comes to his tanking/dps/healing abilities. Hope this helps.

Edited by TarotMage

So... any word on whether Bioware is planning to address the bugs in this at any point, or have they just decided it's good enough for who it's for?

Your guess is as good as mine. Servers usually go down on Tuesdays for maintenance and/or updates. The last thing that was mentioned was on 1/8/21 -- Rass Ordo's "Influence level is 1 when it should be 25" bug has returned. They are currently 'looking into it' but since then...crickets (see below).

Hi folks,

Our team is currently looking into the bug with Rass Ordo's level when he joins you for the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint - Solo/Story Mode.

For now, there is no additional information. I'll inform you in this thread when I know more.

Edited by TarotMage

Your guess is as good as mine. Servers usually go down on Tuesdays for maintenance and/or updates. The last thing that was mentioned was on 1/8/21 -- Rass Ordo's "Influence level is 1 when it should be 25" bug has returned. They are currently 'looking into it' but since then...crickets (see below).

Yeah, I had that yesterday on a Vengeance Jugg. It was less problematic than I was thinking, in part because:

* My character is in 306s, although no set bonus gear *at*all*.

* His Influence rank can be boosted by gifts.

* You can buy Presence stims from the various vendors inside the FP. They are equivalent to +7 Influence ranks.

* Veng Jugg is pretty strong anyway.

But it *is* overtuned.

How can you say that ? Even MM difficulty feels like SM difficulty (no boss mechanics, skytrooper-like trash mobs).

Ya I gave up. I have level 75 scoundrel Smuggler and i can not get past the first boss even when i run all the way back to the beginning and repair my armor. There is no way for a scoundrel to complete this solo. It sucks that this is the end of the storyline and i can't even get past the first ship; They need to fix this.

Ya I gave up...They need to fix this.

The MM version is tuned just right; I’ve done it in a group on Day 1 as well as solo (not easy, I can tell you.)

The SM/solo version is off; too difficult for the expected target player. Also, this is particularly difficult on some Disciplines than others.

At this point, the above statements can be considered the player consensus, more or less. Posters like the one you responded to are making one or both of these mistakes:

- assuming it is tuned right on solo/SM just because it is tuned right on MM

- trying to show how leet they are

Is it possible, at this point, to legitimately believe that the SoV solo/SM is tuned just right? I don’t think so; not based on available evidence. But that doesn’t preclude the existence of such players I suppose.

The SM/solo version is off; too difficult for the expected target player.

I agree. Solo/story mode should be accessible to the average player without frustration and stress.

If you (general you) want it to be more difficult than that, choose a harder difficulty. That's the whole point of having settings. It makes no sense to choose the lowest difficulty and then look for it to be harder.

The fact that the bugs made it such a different experience for different players didn't help. Hearing that someone had an easy time of it with a companion who was 25 ranks higher than mine and didn't bug out and stop using skills at a critical moment doesn't convince me that this is functioning well.

SoV is available to the 'average' player without undue stress. It's the below average players that have difficulty. 😏

At what point should you tell the below average players to 'increase their game' instead of just pandering to them?

Edited by JediQuaker

Ya I gave up. I have level 75 scoundrel Smuggler and i can not get past the first boss even when i run all the way back to the beginning and repair my armor. There is no way for a scoundrel to complete this solo. It sucks that this is the end of the storyline and i can't even get past the first ship; They need to fix this.
That actually got me intrigued, so I went in with a Concealment Op. 306 Tactician set, not augmented and stats all over the place, but I guess decent enough and better than what others might use here. Companion rank 1, yeah, good job, BW.

Anyway, finished without death, still had to use Kolto twice (once at final boss and once in a fight in the middle where one group pulled me out of stealth and I mistakenly attacked another one, ending up pulling the full room). Bosses were easier than some mobs tbh, and to be fair: it actually is harder than your usual story. I would think going in in lower gear, like 270 or so, might really prevent you from succeeding. Definitely it would not be „story“ like.

Not an expert player by any means, I like to stick to the story mode. But I have a level 75 Sith Marauder with level 270 armor and I get stuck at the same point every time! The mobs of enemies are a real chore to get through already but the lower engine deck after the jumping puzzle on the 2nd ship is ridiculous!

Every enemy swarms the player and your companion. The healing appears to work for a few mins but then suddenly the DPS rapidly skyrockets and no amount of heals can stop the damage. I have tried multiple strategy's including going for different groups of enemy's first and the result is always the same.

At this point the Story version of this FP is broken!

Not an expert player by any means, I like to stick to the story mode. But I have a level 75 Sith Marauder with level 270 armor and I get stuck at the same point every time! The mobs of enemies are a real chore to get through already but the lower engine deck after the jumping puzzle on the 2nd ship is ridiculous!

Every enemy swarms the player and your companion. The healing appears to work for a few mins but then suddenly the DPS rapidly skyrockets and no amount of heals can stop the damage. I have tried multiple strategy's including going for different groups of enemy's first and the result is always the same.

At this point the Story version of this FP is broken!

Lv1 heal gets burnt out after a while so you gotta reduce the number of enemy before that.

Try to kill the medic first, there's one in each group. Sometimes they hide in the corner/behind box.

Just forget about aoe and focus on killing one enemy at a time asap.

Use all your DCDs one by one. If you have trouble in one fight, you'll probably want to wait pass their CD time. The one that reduces your damage taken by 99% for 4 sec has more than 1min CD time but it might be a life saver.

Be careful about the Throw Saber skill because it might aggros the yellow npc and gives you more trouble.

This FP is, ironically, much easier to run in VM and even MM simply because it's way more easier to kill the trash on the way. I also think the enemy's hp is sill wrong in SM?

I can't beat it at all myself. I can get through the first boss okay but than there is this wave of enemies right before the second boss. They overwhelm me and I can't beat them at all. I did get lucky once but then I could not beat the second boss. So for me I am done until it is hopefully fixed.

Lv1 heal gets burnt out after a while so you gotta reduce the number of enemy before that.

Try to kill the medic first, there's one in each group. Sometimes they hide in the corner/behind box.

Just forget about aoe and focus on killing one enemy at a time asap.

Use all your DCDs one by one. If you have trouble in one fight, you'll probably want to wait pass their CD time. The one that reduces your damage taken by 99% for 4 sec has more than 1min CD time but it might be a life saver.

Be careful about the Throw Saber skill because it might aggros the yellow npc and gives you more trouble.

This FP is, ironically, much easier to run in VM and even MM simply because it's way more easier to kill the trash on the way. I also think the enemy's hp is sill wrong in SM?

Every time I try this either me or my companion die before I can finish any of the bad guys off

Every time I try this either me or my companion die before I can finish any of the bad guys off

I think it might help if you get higher gears or get Rass to lv10 with gifts.

I finished a VM pug with 230-280 gear people and they have trouble in that area too because 2 out of 4 already dropped group when I logged in at that broken deck on fire. We even had a tank (lv71 with 230 gear) in that group but it was quite intense to keep his health up even after I told them about the kill order and they listened and did a pretty good job in general (I was heal). Judging by that, Lv1 Rass probably can't keep up the healing needed for a more squishy class with low gear. Might have to level up both of you a bit to make it easier.

Yeah, came back after more than a year of being unsubscribed and this is what I experience. Let me know when you fix it, BIoware. Some of us just want to play an enjoyable game session without trying to kill the final boss 5 times and then having to give up.

Tried SoV MM for the first time, the other day (GF). We couldn't get past the first boss. 😥

I suspect we didn't have enough DPS, but I'll have to try it again to check. 😏

Tried it again in MM. We (different GF group) again couldn't get past the first boss. After a few tries, the healer and the other DPS quit. So I re-queued me and the tank - frankly, expecting to quit after waiting a while.

But, only a few minutes later we got a new healer and DPS. It was, of course, a long slog, but we did manage to complete the entire FP, without too much trouble.

(I'm glad that I can now believe I wasn't the problem. 😁 )

Edited by JediQuaker

I finished SofV in story mode to move the story along but after the last boss, which took way to long to do (spent 1.5 hours on this FP), the FP would not progress any further. It would not let me complete it.

Besides it being too hard for SM or solo, when will the bug to complete the FP be fixed?

I finished SofV in story mode to move the story along but after the last boss, which took way to long to do (spent 1.5 hours on this FP), the FP would not progress any further. It would not let me complete it.

Besides it being too hard for SM or solo, when will the bug to complete the FP be fixed?

Did you pick it up in Story Mode from the terminal? That is not the story mode unfortunately. To move the story along, you'd complete it in the solo mode which is automatically granted to you after talking to Shae Vizla. You'd then go to the entrance to the FP to see a shimmering purple curtain and go in without touching the terminal nearby.

Edited by mike_carton