Global Cooldown bugs out and skips in WZ's

Siphorus

Global Cooldowns have been skipping/bugging out for me every game, sometime it goes up to 3-4 times in a row where it just skips and I do nothing for 5 seconds. Anyone else having this problem or is it just bioware's bad/cheap built servers. Edited by Siphorus

There is a bug like this I've noticed when entering cover sometimes you can hit abilities that are off global like entrench and it won't go off, eventhough you aren't casting and your cover bar is active. I've noticed this happen with other things off global too, like offensive cooldowns. If you don't mash the key several times sometimes things off global won't trigger. I think this is interface lag though, which is a lot better than when the game was first released.

Tell me about it, it was really an annoying moment yesterday in voidstar... I'm at full hp, full resolve, alone at the door where like 3 dudes are planting. And then I kept throwing my grenade 2 times, without luck. Throw grenade, nothing happens, GCD, throw it again, same thing. Was able to rifle shot one of them but the other planted the bomb, and then I was called a noob not watching the door. Really??

I generally chalk it up to a lag or positioning issue, but I have noticed similar cases of this myself.

It's doesn't happen often but every now and again I get a ravage/ms bug. When this happens, the ability goes off animation wise, but instead of going on it's 30 second (27 second) cd, it on the 1.5 GCD. Also the first ravage/ms usually won't do any damage (any of the three ticks) either.

This has been happening in PvE as well, though not as frequently as it does in PvP, Warzones predominately.

interesting note though:

It happens almost like clockwork on my sentinel when dpsing a Training dummy. If I spam an ability via a keybind the GCD keeps skipping. I'll have to casually push one button as soon as the gcd is up in order to get anything accomplished.

It's always on the same abilities. If they would just fix the animation on these abilities.

Dear Developers, please fix the animation on Assassinate so it doesn't hitch. thank you.

That is definitely one. I think I get it on Maul every now and then as well; which is really annoying seeing as I get behind the target only for the hitch and it to fail.

Haven't noticed on my sniper. On my smuggler, when I was running as scrapper, it seemed like I hitched a lot, but maybe it is more due to me frantically pressing buttons on the classes like that.

Yeah maul is defo a culprit. I noticed the same most recently with the operative/scoundrel backstab/backblast. Again I always thought that was a slight lag situation in these particular instances. You appear to be behind your enemy but in reality when the skill goes off you weren't.

Kinda like when you root someone (or get rooted) and they 'rubberband' back a few meters.

Global Cooldowns have been skipping/bugging out for me every game, sometime it goes up to 3-4 times in a row where it just skips and I do nothing for 5 seconds. Anyone else having this problem or is it just bioware's bad/cheap built servers.

It happens to me most frequently when I go Vig on my guardian, and mainly with Blade Storm and Master Strike. I'm not too sure about my scoundrel in PvP, but it becomes insanely noticeable if you go thrash a dummy for a couple of minutes.

this has been pretty frequent lately for me.

Its a whole bunch of not fun.

You need to be more vocal about it.

I put in my bug report on this issue, but I'm just one person.

I remember watching one of the 'Guid Summit' vid that the SWTOR staff put out. I know they had police there. At some point in the vid, they refered to one of their really heavy staff members and said 'this is the guy in charge of combat animations'. and then they guy barely stood up and said 'we fixed all the animations'. The people in charge believed him, and everyone cheered.

So much rage, because the hitching was never fixed on a few abilites, like Assassinate and Maul. I don't think it ever will. I understand why they had police that day.

This is BY FAR the most important topic on these entire forums.

Blows my mind that everyone read can complain about smash, but never even notice when their own abilities hitch.

I guess you miss what your character is doing, or if you even deal damage, when you are mouseclicking. I guess everyone is too busy looking for the next icon to click...

I'm pretty sure this "bug" has more to do with lag than an actual bug, but it does take a special kind of bad coding to activate the GCD without activating the ability, even in laggy situations.

I'm guessing what happens is you activate a skill, the GCD goes off but the packet sending the attack never makes it to the server.

Obviously bad coding since not only does it completely **** up under lag, but it would also mean the GCD can be hacked and easily bypassed.

Or maybe I'm way off and it's something else.

Edited by JP_Legatus

I'm pretty sure this "bug" has more to do with lag than an actual bug, but it does take a special kind of bad coding to activate the GCD without activating the ability, even in laggy situations.

I'm guessing what happens is you activate a skill, the GCD goes off but the packet sending the attack never makes it to the server.

Obviously bad coding since not only does it completely **** up under lag, but it would also mean the GCD can be hacked and easily bypassed.

Or maybe I'm way off and it's something else.

I was suspecting that whenever you get a defense, that it was just flat out stop your Assassinate animation, and you stood there doing nothing.

Could be totally wrong, but who knows. That doesn't explain the hitching on Maul at all.