Option to Turn OFF XP boost

TrixxieTriss

As a new player, I want to relax and enjoy the story without this XP Boost nonsense. It really puts you off when you get stuff thrown at your face from left and right. At least put an option to turn this off so we, players who prefer slow paced gameplay enjoy the game.

There is a vendor that's been placed on the fleet that you can get a white acute module from. This turns off the current XP boost.

It's a shame there isn't also one on the starting planets.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but it is dispiriting when you arrive on a planet for the first time and are already overlevelled.
A lowbie I'm working on arrived at fleet from Tython as a level 17. He just got his ship and is leaving Coruscant for either Taris or Nar Shaddaa and he's already level 32. No legacy perks and never did a main planet or side quest either ... all class story, one Esseles run and one time through each heroic. But since everything is one-size-fits-all level sync'd and bolstered I guess we'll just have to get used to finishing vanilla Chapter 3 at level cap.

If they're going to do this and take away leveling flashpoints then they should just remove levels from the game entirely and make story progression the only progression. I personally wouldn't stick around if that happened, even as preferred. But it makes sense since that's where the game is at now.

Edited by GalacticKegger

There is a vendor that's been placed on the fleet that you can get a white acute module from. This turns off the current XP boost.

It's a shame there isn't also one on the starting planets.

The good thing is, with the WAM legacy bound, you can get to the fleet at level 7 and pick it up from storage (or maybe even go to your stronghold earlier than that) and get it. At this point, that's only two quests and your there:( so at least you're only overleveled in the very early going. Another sad but true fact is that you can mitigate it even more by unsubbing, which reduces the gains and removes rested XP. It's a shame that I have to not pay for a game that I don't mind at all having a subscription to just to play normally ...

Anyway, after the bonus event is over in April, I am going to test the WAM to see if it still reduces the "normal" XP gains. I am hoping that it does because at that point, we will get the closest to having the proper leveling experience back.

The good thing is, with the WAM legacy bound, you can get to the fleet at level 7 and pick it up from storage (or maybe even go to your stronghold earlier than that) and get it. At this point, that's only two quests and your there:( so at least you're only overleveled in the very early going. Another sad but true fact is that you can mitigate it even more by unsubbing, which reduces the gains and removes rested XP. It's a shame that I have to not pay for a game that I don't mind at all having a subscription to just to play normally ...

Anyway, after the bonus event is over in April, I am going to test the WAM to see if it still reduces the "normal" XP gains. I am hoping that it does because at that point, we will get the closest to having the proper leveling experience back.

Agreed I like this idea

• 2 weeks later...

thought you can just mail legacy bound stuff...?

You can actually go to your stronghold at Level 1. I made some characters but at the time wasn't ready to level them, so I just escape from the beginning mission and went outside the instance and went to my strongholds.

So is it possible to turn this annoying xp boost or not pls? How? Vendors? Where are there?

I am looking for answer bcs I have just resubscribed. Thanks

There is a vendor on the fleet that sells a white acute module to trim it off. It's sold by a vendor called strange creature.

Thank you. So there isn't any possibility to buy it on starting planets? I have just done my first quest and I'm already lvl 7...

There is not, but, since the White Acute Module is bound to legacy, you can buy it on an alt and send it to your starting character through mail, or through legacy storage in a stronghold.

You can actually go to your stronghold at Level 1. I made some characters but at the time wasn't ready to level them, so I just escape from the beginning mission and went outside the instance and went to my strongholds.

Yeah, I forgot about that. I hope that it all pans out in the end. Would be nice to be able play at the nice normal old vanilla pace again. Just got a few more weeks left until we find out.

Yeah, I forgot about that. I hope that it all pans out in the end. Would be nice to be able play at the nice normal old vanilla pace again. Just got a few more weeks left until we find out.

I do that and use the acute module, but it's still not vanilla pace. It's still too fast and exceptionally easy. There is a feature you can go into through your portrait by right clicking it. The feature allows you to change missions from story to veteran or master. But I've seen no change except a little bit in FPs. I think this feature may only be designed for the end game content from the last few expansions and doesn't work in vanilla swtor. That is a real shame and I would like to see that feature introduced or if it's supposed to work, it needs to be adjusted to actually work. It would also be good to be able to turn OFF lvl sync in the vanilla story.

Edited by Icykill_

I do that and use the acute module, but it's still not vanilla pace. It's still too fast and exceptionally easy. There is a feature you can go into through your portrait by right clicking it. The feature allows you to change missions from story to veteran or master. But I've seen no change except a little bit in FPs. I think this feature may only be designed for the end game content from the last few expansions and doesn't work in vanilla swtor. That is a real shame and I would like to see that feature introduced or if it's supposed to work, it needs to be adjusted to actually work. It would also be good to be able to turn OFF lvl sync in the vanilla story.

Yup, that toggle only works for KOTFE and KOTET.

Yup, that toggle only works for KOTFE and KOTET.

Which is a shame, but then again, BioWare has made it clear that they don't want people spending time in the best part of the game, hence why they force-rush everyone through it. At least in Vanilla style we could still somewhat tailor our experience and difficulty from planet to planet - when we didn't have the speedleveling and level syncing. Such a shame that they gutted what made this game great - and that's the core leveling experience and content.

Which is a shame, but then again, BioWare has made it clear that they don't want people spending time in the best part of the game, hence why they force-rush everyone through it. At least in Vanilla style we could still somewhat tailor our experience and difficulty from planet to planet - when we didn't have the speedleveling and level syncing. Such a shame that they gutted what made this game great - and that's the core leveling experience and content.

It is a shame. I think the best parts of the pve game are still the vanilla parts. Most people who have come to the game since 3.0 don't even see the best parts of the game.

It is a shame. I think the best parts of the pve game are still the vanilla parts. Most people who have come to the game since 3.0 don't even see the best parts of the game.

Yeah. But of course, that's the "free" part of the game, so BioWare doesn't want people to spend any more time that absolutely necessary there, and of course with the asinine decision to have the side quest markers turned off by default, new people won't realize how content rich that part of the game is, and therefore, won't realize how content-poor the new expansions are.

• 1 month later...
I don't think that vendor is there any more that sells the white acute to slow down leveling unless I'm missing him some how.

It was only used to turn off special bonus xp, not slow down regular xp gains. They probably took it out since there currently isn't an xp event going on. Hopefully the next xp event they will put the vendor back.