The Bounty Event (new player help)

JudgaSma

Hey everyone. I'm a relatively new player. My highest level is 26 but i still dont understand this game a whole lot. My hand gets held by my guild a lot. :o I want to get to the friend category with the Bounty Brokers Association, but I only have 3 "toons" that are high enough level to do the event (my 26, 15, and 15). I get a 50% boost to the reputation for being a subscriber and a 5-10% guild boost. Our guild has 200+ people so I thin the boost is relatively high. Will i make it to friend with the BBA by the end of the month? I think I have 6k weekly reputation left and I'm almost the "newcomer" rank. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

You may not have time to make it to Friend status with only three chars as the Bounty is a week long event so I think ends this Sunday. Remember you can only do one contract per char per day. You will certainly get to newcomer status and you can get a far amount of gear once you reach that stage anyway so would not worry too much about it. That is my target also aslong as I can get to newcomer I will be happy enough. ;)

You may not have time to make it to Friend status with only three chars as the Bounty is a week long event so I think ends this Sunday. Remember you can only do one contract per char per day. You will certainly get to newcomer status and you can get a far amount of gear once you reach that stage anyway so would not worry too much about it. That is my target also aslong as I can get to newcomer I will be happy enough. ;)

It ends on Monday night / Tuesday morning depending on time zone. I'm guessing you won't make Friend rank this month. I didn't last month and I have 3 lvl 50+ characters, but I made it this month. (I have a 4th character, but I'm not using her on the BH event because she is way overlvled.)

It will come around again next month. You can get Friend status then.

Besides the title "For Hire," Friend status doesn't have much going for it. Most of the items require "Newcomer" or "Hero" or above standing.

I dont want titles i just want the hat lol. If i brought up a 4th toon would i make it then?

I forgot about the hat: its one of the few things the Friend rank has.

Did some calculations. If you currently have 6k reputation total and no complete bounty contracts, with three characters doing the maximum amount of bounty missions (1 henchman / character / day + 2 extra Kingpin missions,) you could get Friend rank in 3 days even if you were not in a guild. (16980 rep total) However, you would have to save your rep tokens on day 3 and a few on day 2 to use next week, because you would be over the cap for this week.

I forgot about the hat: its one of the few things the Friend rank has.

Did some calculations. If you currently have 6k reputation total and no complete bounty contracts, with three characters doing the maximum amount of bounty missions (1 henchman / character / day + 2 extra Kingpin missions,) you could get Friend rank in 3 days even if you were not in a guild. (16980 rep total) However, you would have to save your rep tokens on day 3 and a few on day 2 to use next week, because you would be over the cap for this week.

How do i start kingpins? And woohoo theres hope!!:D yea the hat is awesome and would look really cool on my bounty hunter. I have 6k rep left and im almost a newcomer so i maybe be able to make it idk.

How do i start kingpins? And woohoo theres hope!!:D yea the hat is awesome and would look really cool on my bounty hunter. I have 6k rep left and im almost a newcomer so i maybe be able to make it idk.

1. Complete 5 henchmen bounties.
  2. Mail the 5 "Completed Bounty Contracts" to one character.
  3. Turn the 5 "Completed Bounty Contracts" into the man standing next to the bounty board and choose a Kingpin mission.
  4. Wait for your character to read the long document and sign.
  5. Pickup the Kingpin bounty from the board.

The second time you do this, on step 2, mail the "Completed Bounty Contracts" to a different character. On step 3, choose a different Kingpin mission. Note that the Kingpin mission are labeled as [GROUP] missions, but can be soloed if you play your class excellently and have good gear. (The Kingpin is a weaker Champion boss that calls in adds. Healer companion or you being a healer is almost required for the 3-5 minute fight with the Kingpin.) Also, Kingpin missions take longer, but they have a better storyline than the Henchmen missions.

Also, if you have 6k rep left, you should have about 6k rep now. If you have 6k rep now, you can make it if you do the maximum amount of quests.

1. Complete 5 henchmen bounties.
  2. Mail the 5 "Completed Bounty Contracts" to one character.
  3. Turn the 5 "Completed Bounty Contracts" into the man standing next to the bounty board and choose a Kingpin mission.
  4. Wait for your character to read the long document and sign.
  5. Pickup the Kingpin bounty from the board.

The second time you do this, on step 2, mail the "Completed Bounty Contracts" to a different character. On step 3, choose a different Kingpin mission. Note that the Kingpin mission are labeled as [GROUP] missions, but can be soloed if you play your class excellently and have good gear. (The Kingpin is a weaker Champion boss that calls in adds. Healer companion or you being a healer is almost required for the 3-5 minute fight with the Kingpin.) Also, Kingpin missions take longer, but they have a better storyline than the Henchmen missions.

Also, if you have 6k rep left, you should have about 6k rep now. If you have 6k rep now, you can make it if you do the maximum amount of quests.

Ok im trying but i still have yet to become a newcomer. Once i hit the weekly reputation point what do i do? Or when should i stop using the reputation items?? Should i use a kingpin one right before i go over?

Ok im trying but i still have yet to become a newcomer. Once i hit the weekly reputation point what do i do? Or when should i stop using the reputation items?? Should i use a kingpin one right before i go over?

Start going on Kingpin missions as soon as you get 5 completed contracts.

Stop using reputation items if the item's rep gain would put you over the weekly limit. Then, save the rep items to use next week after the weekly limit is reset. (You can use the rep items after the event is done.)

If you've done one Henchmen mission per character per day and you have three characters and you only had 6k left to Newcomer when you started, you should be past Newcomer after the first day of doing bounties.

Hit Y to open your Legacy window, then click on Reputation. Mouse over the BBA "meter" at the top of the list to see your current points accumulated/needed for the next reputation level, plus your remaining "Weekly Reputation Available" (how many points left before you reach the weekly cap).

Pay attention to how many reputation points you get for each item (green, blue or purple), and how close you are to the weekly cap. Get as close as you can without going over, then use a "purple" rep item to get the most for the week. (if you have just one pont left before hitting the cap, and use an item that grants, say, 1000 reputation, you will get the full 1000 points, even though you will technically go 999 points over the cap). Then keep doing the bounty missions, and just save the rep items. When the weekly counter resets, repeat the process. If you are doing missions with a lot of characters, you could potentially save up enough rep items to max out your reputation gain for another week.

Note that you can still use the reputation items after the event ends for the current week. Then next month, you can do it all again for another week, including saving up extra reputation items to use in bewtween event weeks.

Ok ty. I can probably do 2 kingpin missions already. Can i only do 1 kingpin a week per character?

No. However:

• You can only do one Kingpin per character per day
  • You cannot repeat the same Kingpin mission during the week. You will have that same Kingpin mission unlocked next time the event comes to do again.

EDIT: Read http://dulfy.net/2013/07/28/swtor-bounty-contact-week-event-overview/ for more info. All the stuff I've been saying is there.

Edited by Bstr

I have another question regarding the Bounty Hunter Event :

So far, every "target" has been very difficult for me. Much more difficult than enemies in my class story.

What am I doing wrong ? Which levels do the "targets" *actually* have ?

My gear is usually quite good, but not the best. I mean, regarding Modifications.

Are the "targets" made to meet the player's level only if he has the best equipment ?

Sorry if I sound somewhat confused. English isn't my first language, and it is late here (local time - which usually has a bad effect on my intelligence, too. :D ).

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

So far, every "target" has been very difficult for me. Much more difficult than enemies in my class story.

My gear is usually quite good, but not the best. I mean, regarding Modifications.

Are the "targets" made to meet the player's level only if he has the best equipment ?

Sorry if I sound somewhat confused. English isn't my first language, and it is late here (local time - which usually has a bad effect on my intelligence, too. :D ).

Are you talking about Henchmen or Kingpin missions? Both are geared for your level. The Henchmen should be as easy as any class story boss if you and your companion are decently geared. Check to see if your companion has decent gear for your level: one player who complained on Alderaan for how hard the Henchman battle was still had their companion in the original gear they came with.

Kingpin battles are different. They are meant to be done as a group of at least 2 players. You need to be overgeared in order to beat them solo and then it still will be difficult. Even with my lvl 51 Gunslinger with full War Hero / Campaign gear, it took me 5-6 times to beat the Kingpin on Coruscant. (On a side note, each of the Kingpin are modeled after a certain AC and have all the moves available to that AC. The one on Coruscant was modeled after a Juggernaught who used "Force" Push and Leap on cooldown, which I have trouble against in Warzones.)

JudgaSma, if you read my earlier message, you only have to do 2 Kingpins to make friend level. That should be easy to do with 3 characters.

The normal bounty elite booses are better than standard elites you get, they do seem more intelligent and use their abilities better, they also have two standard adds that rop down at some point. I found the one on Nar Shadda hard to beat 'Navonne' or something like that is name was, took me few goes. Normally you can get away with gear a liitle lower in standard solo area's to beat normal golds but these you need your gear and companions fully up to date. I also recommend using a stim and be ready with that heroic moment.

The king pin is champion with a coupel of silver adds so you need 3/4 group at the same level or a high level guild mate to assit to make it easy then, but don't actually join as group as the boss scales to the highest level in your group. ;)

Ok. I have enough rep to make it to friend next week. Ad forthe difficulty on the contracts the regular ones should be that hard if u play you class right. I beat the regular solo with my very undergeared bountyhunter. Just keep on the attac if you have bad gear and hope you can kill him before he kills you.

As for the kingpins i am level 27 and i still needed help. They had about 37-40k hp and strong attacks.. Get some help! I didnt even have to bother my guild with it. Swtor is full of nice higher levels who will be willing to help. I didnt even have to ask. They would show up while i was fighting and start helping.

Regular contracts=can be soloed if played right

Kingpin=it cant be soloed unless youre amazing..lol. Just get some help! :D