This is an easy flashpoint!/We outleveled it!

This is an easy flashpiont!/We outleveled it!

Damn. I'v been reading this words so often in group. And they are really bothers me (tank).

You see - i DON'T care if you a few level higher that mobs.

I DON'T care about your "madskillz" in dps.

You are IN TEAM. Learn how to play with others.

Its just annoys me, when overleveled dps are running ahead of tank, and demonstrates his "superiority".

Leave it. Leave it on planet or fleet.

You are in flashpoint. Mission, were TEAMWORK is PRIORITY.

Even if you overlevel content, that doesn't mean that you can do boss tanking or survive under large mob pack.

Its a job for tank.

Leave it for him.

Do not try to "hurry up" tank. He's doing his job, as intended. The price for mistake in a hurry, will be your pixel death and non-pleasant words in first from you.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When (and if) I run a flashpoint, I will run ahead and I will pull things. Why? Because I tend to have more health than the current tank as a DPS. I kill things fast enough that tanking is not necessary. I typically run with a healer from my guild that is capable of 2manning it.

Now, why would I sit around and wait for a tank to take his time and pull everything, when I could just do it for him and finish the place in a fraction of the time?

When (and if) I run a flashpoint, I will run ahead and I will pull things. Why? Because I tend to have more health than the current tank as a DPS. I kill things fast enough that tanking is not necessary. I typically run with a healer from my guild that is capable of 2manning it.

Now, why would I sit around and wait for a tank to take his time and pull everything, when I could just do it for him and finish the place in a fraction of the time?

Then DO it alone. :D

And stay away from GF, my "all-mighty" friend.

Why? Why is it necessary to do things the hard way all the time. I thought casuals liked short cuts and free loot.

Becouse people must learn to work in team.

If they learn form guys like you - they will learn only one thing - ME HAVE 2 LITESABERS!!!! ME SMASH!!!!

This syndrome is already applyes through game.

When i join team in a healing spec (55 lvl sorc in 50 FP), i will not stop heal, and become tank or dps. And believe me - i CAN meltdown 50 FP. But im not gonna do it. Its just wrong. Sorcs are not designed for tanking. Same with marauders (or whatever dps class)

Edited by Kingsbount

I had a tank in a 50 SM Flashpoint say "if you think you can do it better than me, then do it."

Threw on soresu, blew through all the content with ease.

If you have 1/2 55 with 69+ gear in a 50 HM going for basic comms, nothing is an issue - I could moonwalk through it without any difficulty - I'm not going to sit around so that a tank who should've spent the last 50-55 levels learning to tank, learn to tank.,

Becouse people must learn to work in team.

If they learn form guys like you - they will learn only one thing - ME HAVE 2 LITESABERS!!!! ME SMASH!!!!

This syndrome is already applyes through game.

When i join team in a healing spec (55 lvl sorc in 50 FP), i will not stop heal, and become tank or dps. And believe me - i CAN meltdown 50 FP. But im not gonna do it. Its just wrong. Sorcs are not designed for tanking. Same with marauders (or whatever dps class)

Flashpoints are not for you to learn to take off your training wheels so you can get into Operations. I quickly got into FPs for gear and quickly got out of it so I can spend my time doing productive things. You have 55 levels to learn your class. If you're still expecting people to bare with you while you still learn, then that is selfish. Learn on your own time using plenty of sources that are out there.

Not trying to be rude, but to expect others players to dumb down their experience just to keep the learning curve on par with yours is extremely selfish.

Edited by Aerro

Flashpoints are not for you to learn to take off your training wheels so you can get into Operations. I quickly got into FPs for gear and quickly got out of it so I can spend my time doing productive things. You have 55 levels to learn your class. If you're still expecting people to bare with you while you still learn, then that is selfish. Learn on your own time using plenty of sources that are out there.

Not trying to be rude, but to expect others players to dumb down their experience just to keep the learning curve on par with yours is extremely selfish.

Don't need you to dumb down your experience just quit ruining the experience for the others in group who might like to actually fulfill their role in group content.

Don't need you to dumb down your experience just quit ruining the experience for the others in group who might like to actually fulfill their role in group content.

While its one thing if it causes wipes, but if its more *effective* then thats not ruining the experience. Its a waste if it slows down everything because chances are- that tank can't hold aggro against me. That means I have to literally hold off on attacking just for him to build up some thread so I can cast a few abilities and kill it.

Most people I'm stuck with in FPs are vastly undergeared and underskilled. Sometimes I get some pretty awesome people but thats 1/20.

So why should I have to try to play worse just so they can "learn to tank" at my expense? Its a two way street. They can learn to tank with me doing what I normally do. If they can pull things before me and hold aggro over me- then they are learning.

Edited by Aerro

I would solo the 50hm fp with ease if you'd get the basic comms without group finder. Why shouldn't I with 72 BiS gear? Tank should be glad he gets people that pass on all of the loot and finish his flashpoint in 15min..

The problem is not the players that breeze through old content leaving the newbies no time to do their role. The problem are those players that can't play for **** after 55 levels.

I could do those FPs alone probably. When I let other people to play with me, it's a privilege for them. Luckily most of them realize that and don't even try to tell me what I should do.

/sarcasm

Edited by zzoorrzz

This is actually something I've been thinking about and have been a little undecided on. My main is a mostly 72's, optimized mitigation tank. I tend to take things pretty seriously, because it's all practice for doing the hard content, which is why I actually enjoy trigger happy dps. They make me work a little harder to steal back threat just before a mob dies! When I run my decently geared 55 healer though a 50 hm, I'm fine with the dps "oops tank" (a good sentinel tank takes little damage because everything is dead!) because I can heal through it and know what to do if mobs come after me if I heal too much and no one else touched the weak mobs.

On the other hand, I leveled up an assassin tank during double xp weekends doing a lot of flashpoints (who is just going to accumulate gear until it is a good tank again). I can't jump in, so I can feel the impatience of the dps who just want to start shooting that thing, but the gear can widely vary on pug fp groups while leveling and as tank, I'm going to be the first to die. Which means repair bills for me and no one else. AND I'm less likely to get a drop that I can use, while being de facto expected to lead the group, so I can't just be lazy and never type and just run in and kill things. I'm still very tolerant of dps going in first until it causes a wipe, but I will complain if they're doing it while doing other stupid things. I don't mind rushing, but if you're not killing weakest to strongest, not helping keep things off the healer, standing in red circles, etc, I think you're terrible, not just having fun.

So I don't know who is right, but if the tank asks you to stop, maybe ask the tank to hurry up, because you have their back. And make sure the healer is doing ok. Sometimes they love it, because otherwise it's boring! If they don't, you will quickly figure it out.

This is an easy flashpiont!/We outleveled it!

Damn. I'v been reading this words so often in group. And they are really bothers me (tank).

You see - i DON'T care if you a few level higher that mobs.

I DON'T care about your "madskillz" in dps.

You are IN TEAM. Learn how to play with others.

Its just annoys me, when overleveled dps are running ahead of tank, and demonstrates his "superiority".

Leave it. Leave it on planet or fleet.

You are in flashpoint. Mission, were TEAMWORK is PRIORITY.

Even if you overlevel content, that doesn't mean that you can do boss tanking or survive under large mob pack.

Its a job for tank.

Leave it for him.

Do not try to "hurry up" tank. He's doing his job, as intended. The price for mistake in a hurry, will be your pixel death and non-pleasant words in first from you.

A good rule of thumb: you pull it, you tank it. Swap to dps stance, don't use high threat abilities, till said "superl33t" dps inevitably dies. Then aoe taunt and swap back to tanking stance. It helps if you can get the healer on board to provide sub-par heals to teach him a lesson. If dps learn that in levelling flashpoints, you don't have to teach them in hardmodes or operations.

Whether the content is doable without a tank or with dps running a out willy-nilly is irrelevant. Flashpoints are a team effort, and once you get into endgame flashpoints and operations you are going to piss a lot of people off by acting like hot ****.

...just my two cents. I am a fan of letting idiots die (sorc healer) to teach them a lesson.

While its one thing if it causes wipes, but if its more *effective* then thats not ruining the experience. Its a waste if it slows down everything because chances are- that tank can't hold aggro against me. That means I have to literally hold off on attacking just for him to build up some thread so I can cast a few abilities and kill it.

Most people I'm stuck with in FPs are vastly undergeared and underskilled. Sometimes I get some pretty awesome people but thats 1/20.

So why should I have to try to play worse just so they can "learn to tank" at my expense? Its a two way street. They can learn to tank with me doing what I normally do. If they can pull things before me and hold aggro over me- then they are learning.

Your two way street seems strangely one way to me. Learn to mesh with the group in your proper role in the group instead of actin like God and expecting them to hold your coat tails and thank you for the opportunity.

If you can't do that and the group you land in is sub par ask to be kicked so you can try regrouping with a better one without the time punishment for dropping group. That way you are at least showing a little courtesy.

There are only two kinds of people who can dictate the pace of the FP/Op. Healers and Tanks.

DPS hardly have a say as they have to follow either.

As easy as the content may be, if you can't be bothered to work as a group why bother with the group content? Might as well go solo. Group content is GROUP content for a reason.

Best class to play when people can't or refuse to work together is healer. You get to choose who to lives and who dies. Besides, people of any class are easily replaceable. You can be a god, but that doesn't mean I have to follow.

There are only two kinds of people who can dictate the pace of the FP/Op. Healers and Tanks.

DPS hardly have a say as they have to follow either.

As easy as the content may be, if you can't be bothered to work as a group why bother with the group content? Might as well go solo. Group content is GROUP content for a reason.

Best class to play when people can't or refuse to work together is healer. You get to choose who to lives and who dies. Besides, people of any class are easily replaceable. You can be a god, but that doesn't mean I have to follow.

DPS don't "have to do" anything. They can leave or kick dictators easily. Working as a group should be the rule for everybody, not just DPS. If some tanks or healers want to dictate, then good luck with that, they would be on most ignore lists in a short time :-)

I cannot agree more with the OP. If I queue as a Tank in a FP, then let ME tank the content. If you want to Tank so bad, then do so. I invite you to. Maybe the queue wait time would not be so long for my other DPS who have to wait 10-20 minutes for a queue to pop.

It's especially annoying when someone says "I am a Tank" when I point out that they keep pulling mobs before the I get there. If you are a Tank, then lets respec. I have field respec on all of my Tanks and I would gladly let you take over. I don't mind DPS'ing. In fact, I love it and would do it more often. Otherwise, know your role. And it's not like I'm slow either. As long as I'm topped off and don't need to heal, I zerging from mob to mob.

And to those who run ahead...if you aggro before me...don't expect me to get it back. He is yours to tank until you die or until you switch targets and I grab aggro again. I had a Guardian do this the other day in Mandalorian Raiders when facing the 3 Elites. I mark targets and say kill targets in order. Guardian decides he wants to kill the boss that me and other tanks I've run with decide to kill last. So I let him and don't say anything. I don't taunt and just continue with my rotation. The droid and the first target are still on me. He finally switches back to the right target and I get aggro again. First target dies, and he does it again. Again, I don't taunt him back to me and he's now running around with the boss chasing him trying to kill him. I'll give it to him tho...when we killed the droid he had the boss really low in health lol.

Point is, it is team work and if communication is lacking it causes wipes. Too many people want to blame a healer or a tank when that happens when in reality, some DPS players are just way too impatient.

I feel like those complaining are the ones who actively run HM FPs because they still need the gear. I don't recall being in HM FPs for gear after the first week 55 was accessible. I agree alts do exist, but not to this extent. Those complaining that some geared DPS is pulling everything and doing all the work doesn't make sense. In what world do people enjoy things harder when there is an easier way?

I feel like those complaining are the ones who actively run HM FPs because they still need the gear. I don't recall being in HM FPs for gear after the first week 55 was accessible. I agree alts do exist, but not to this extent. Those complaining that some geared DPS is pulling everything and doing all the work doesn't make sense. In what world do people enjoy things harder when there is an easier way?

because its NOT easier. you THINK its easier, but it is in fact harder. especially when you are NOT running with your pocket healer but instead making pug healer work overtime.

playing a healer reaffirms for me on a regular basis just how much people take good healers for granted. you don't notice when things go well, only when they go badly. you are making a tank freak out, you are making a healer freak out, you are teaching the other dps bad habits, you are making the run stressful for everyone.

it takes a special kind of self absorption and arrogance to think you are making things easier. you are NOT.

If you have 69+ gear, I'll be racing you to the end.

If you have rubbish gear, I'll be forgetting to heal you, spamming rescue etc. Usually takes them a couple deaths to get a clue.

That is understandable, but I'm full of 75s and 72s... so there is no need for me to wait around for a tank who has less health than I do. That is the point of my posts :p

Edited by Aerro

my sorc has 2k more health then my vanguard. but i don't tank on her over my vanguard. why? because her mitigation is crap. because the only reason she has this much health is due to her willpower augments coming bundled with endurance, while my vanguard's mitigation augments come bundled with power.

as a healer? I don't give a damn how much higher your health is then tank's. you have crap for mitigation and are a nightmare to heal, WHILE trying to also keep up tank who is still attempting to tank something anything, seeing as being dps you generate just enough threat to turn my life into a living hell. if I'm lucky, tank manages to grab everything that ran away from you, trying to kill me, so at least i don't have to try to keep myself up in addition to your squishy butt as well as the tank. I'm not always that lucky.

most of the time, I can salvage this crap of a situation anyway. but its not fun. its NOT easy. and its one of the reasons i cannot remember last time I fully pugged a flashpoint above level 50. (have to have at least one person I trust with me nowadays to venture into group finder - or preferably a full premade)

like I said before, whenever people wonder why is it that fewer and fewer healers/tanks queue, why do the queues grow longer and longer, and if you do get it, the quality of your tanks/healers is getting worse and worse? this is why.

Edited by Jeweledleah