recalibrating amplifiers a bit too pricy?

RaithHarth

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s way too expensive and it’s like slot machine gambling on top of it,

Many of us pointed this out to Bioware on the pts after spending billions of credits to get amplifiers we wanted to test.

Of course Bioware ignored us and we have slot machine amp system with no credit cap.

It’s actually a really cheap process if you understand how to do it. It’s very simple. When you loot a piece of gear with an armoring you can use recalibrate it to what ever price cap you set. Mine is 50k. If I don’t have the gold at 50k I wanted it gets disassembled. Rinse and repeat till you have a full set of golds for a reasonable price.

It’s actually a really cheap process if you understand how to do it. It’s very simple. When you loot a piece of gear with an armoring you can use recalibrate it to what ever price cap you set. Mine is 50k. If I don’t have the gold at 50k I wanted it gets disassembled. Rinse and repeat till you have a full set of golds for a reasonable price.

Actually it’s not.

What if you purchased a set bonus with 3000 tech frags and a mill creds and you can’t get the amp you want?

Do you just keep rolling and spending more credits than the gear is worth?

In short, yes it is.

But i am wondering if all this will have a positive effect in the economy. I think the skint ones are having a hard time and probably need to run some heroic to make the credits. But, this may result in a drop in prices in general, wich is good for all.

With that said, yes. It needs an adjustment. I confess i don't know the formulas behind these things and if they really matter that much or not.

Edited by Nemmar

In short, yes it is.

But i am wondering if all this will have a positive effect in the economy. I think the skint ones are having a hard time and probably need to run some heroic to make the credits. But, this may result in a drop in prices in general, wich is good for all.

With that said, yes. It needs an adjustment. I confess i don't know the formulas behind these things and if they really matter that much or not.

I disagree, I’ve already seen an increase in inflation on the GTN to combat the increased costs. Plus the amount of gold spammers is much worse than I’ve ever seen since launch. Which means people are using those spammers to buy credits or the spammers wouldn’t be so active.

Actually it’s not.

What if you purchased a set bonus with 3000 tech frags and a mill creds and you can’t get the amp you want?

Do you just keep rolling and spending more credits than the gear is worth?

Set bonus doesn’t come with an armoring. You put your own in it. Again my way works. I have all gold armoring amplifiers and once I figured this method out I was doing very reasonably priced. Again when you find a piece with the armoring you want. Recalibrate to lets say 50k if you don’t have what you want disassemble and do the same with the next one. Your not even paying the 90k to remove the arming unless you get the amplifier you want.

Set bonus doesn’t come with an armoring. You put your own in it. Again my way works. I have all gold armoring amplifiers and once I figured this method out I was doing very reasonably priced. Again when you find a piece with the armoring you want. Recalibrate to lets say 50k if you don’t have what you want disassemble and do the same with the next one. Your not even paying the 90k to remove the arming unless you get the amplifier you want.

the shell you buy comes with an amplifier though. think thats what shes referring to. some ppl want good amps on their shells too i guess

What about the amplifier on the shell, that’s the one I’m talking about :rolleyes:

So no, your way doesn’t work for shells. Which was my point.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Not only that but why are we getting only two sets per recalibration if it's so expensive? This needs to be changed.

Too much RNG, too many options, too few roll slots, too often the roll ends up being a useless stat, and plenty of credits saved because I quit bothering.

What about the amplifier on the shell, that’s the one I’m talking about :rolleyes:

So no, your way doesn’t work for shells. Which was my point.

The shells you buy from the vendor are actually the easiest for getting the amplifier you want, because you can give them back for free. So if you get an amplifier you don't want, just give it back and buy it again until you get what you want.

The shells you buy from the vendor are actually the easiest for getting the amplifier you want, because you can give them back for free. So if you get an amplifier you don't want, just give it back and buy it again until you get what you want.

It works but both times I have done it took me over 30 minutes to get the one I wanted.

I disagree, I’ve already seen an increase in inflation on the GTN to combat the increased costs. Plus the amount of gold spammers is much worse than I’ve ever seen since launch. Which means people are using those spammers to buy credits or the spammers wouldn’t be so active.

The xpac just launched. It is too early to make these conclusions yet. Especially cause the reason why certain things are overpriced are the crew skill changes making them more difficult to make. So, those items will see a rise in price as supply drops.

But i would expect things like cartel items to drop in price as people can't afford them and more will be made available as people try to make credits. Anyways yeah... it's something we can only conclude in a few months.

Edited by Nemmar

I really didn’t want to post this fact on here. Just in case they decided to nerf this lol.

I really didn’t want to post this fact on here. Just in case they decided to nerf this lol.

Same here... I was leaving this part alone just in case. Hopefully they won't nerf this considering the time it takes to actually get what you want on those shells. I think one time I spent around 45 mins swapping back and forth from the vendor to get something desirable.

I thought about that before posting as well, but I'm pretty sure they already know. I mean they must have noticed, that people are spending hours with buying things and immediately returning them.

Besides I think it's not a big deal, because shells have the worst set of amplifiers. To be honest, if it wasn't possible to reroll them for free, I wouldn't care about them at all.

So I doubt it would be a big thing if they nerf this, but on the other hand, I also think they have other, more important stuff to work on.

Amplifiers are a suckers bet and show contempt for the player base on the part of the developers.

On their own, they are an interesting twist and could have added a bit to gearing - but being randomly pulled from a very large pool and being tied to an every increasing cost and possibly endless credit sink, they fail.

A better system would have minimized the number of potential outcomes, capped the cost (and or the attempts), allowed for some sort of player agency in determining amplifiers, as well as not set up a system where the hypothetical BIS on every item is actually meaningful.

Additionally, a better credit sink that respected players would have been built around offering up desirable appearance items and other non-combat items such as decorations, speeders, and strongholds at very high prices.

But why add desirable items for credits in game when you can sell them for cash in the CM?

Edited by DawnAskham

I am a pvp'er I want

1. Weapon Expertise

2. Armor Penetration

3 PVP Rewards

I can't find Armor Penetration anywhere on the potential amplifiers, so what now?

I am a pvp'er I want

1. Weapon Expertise

2. Armor Penetration

3 PVP Rewards

I can't find Armor Penetration anywhere on the potential amplifiers, so what now?

3. I wouldn’t bother with the PvP rewards it’s just my opinion but I don’t see the new for spending the time trying to get the additional renowned for that. Armor penetration if is in will only be found on armorings and hilt barrels. Mods will not have it.

2. I think I have seen some armor penetration. Honestly I cannot remember though. I main healers so I don’t pay attention to the damage abilities other than the periodic damage due to the fact I throw dots to help with dps.

I am a pvp'er I want

1. Weapon Expertise

2. Armor Penetration

3 PVP Rewards

The potential amplifiers list is not complete, not every amplifier possible on this item is shown there.

Pvp reward can be found on shells/set items and all combat amplifiers like weapon expertise and armor penetration can only be found on armorings.

edit: forgot to mention, the Amplified Champion's Set has also (weaker) combat amplifiers instead of a set bonus.

Edited by Ecekiell