Tracer Missile Sound!

RealLyrix

Hello Mercs,

Does anyone know if the sound is fixed on the PTS for Tracer Missile in 2.0?

I recently came back to SWTOR and was kinda disapointed that they changed the animation but the sound is even worse! Is my game broken or is the sound just really low?

Thanks in advance!

Happy hunting :-)

Edited by RealLyrix

I recently came back to SWTOR and was kinda disapointed that they changed the animation but the sound is even worse! Is my game broken or is the sound just really low?

I know how you feel.

Edited by Kaedusz

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Bioware....

PLS FIX THIS SOUND EFFECT !

The way it is is so dumb....it looks like there is some bug of some sort that makes the sound lower , the longer you are away from the mob, because it is what its happening.

If you cast in melee of the mob, the sound is quite decent.

• 4 months later...

Bumping this instead of making a new topic.

Just so I'm on the same level as everyone else, the issue here is that the Tracer Missile has a start-up sound, a rocket shooting threw the air sound and kind of explosion impact sound... However, what it's really missing is the initial 'rocket burst' sound coming from the wrist launcher right?

To me it's missing that 'oomph' of the rocket jetting out. Seems like this has been an issue for a long time. I'm not sure how class reprisentatives work but would this cover that?

While we're on the topic of restoring things Mercs lost, can we please have the flame "blanket" added back to Fusion Missile? It went away when the Fusion Missile animation was traded with Tracer. The Commando equivalent, Plasma Grenade, still has this effect.

I agree that these are bugs. But its sad yet funny how they are all in the Merc's favor in PvP. Tracer is less likely to get noticed, and the fire DoT is less likely to get cleansed

Don't forget GreenBeamOfDeath versus barely seen green blaster bolts.

even along with that, i find it funny they change the sound (let alone the entire animation a while ago), instead of leaving it as it was. i believe everything was only changed because some random kids said tracer missile launch was appearing like someone 'droppin a deuce', which is ridiculous. Yet there are more important matters/bugs n such out there that easily take priority. Now this missile shouldnt even classify as a missile. Its more of a tiny firework if anything, which draws from the iconic nature of a merc in the first place, in my opinion.

Agreed. When I first acquired Tracer Missile back in vanilla (pre 1.2) I fell in love with the skill, the sound, the animation, the procs, everything about it was awesome like the missile fired from Jango Fett's Jetpack. It was bad enough they swapped the animations around in 1.2 and then they go and screw up the sounds in 1.4?

"Bioware why cant u let me have fun?"

Please fix Tracer Missile sounds and swap animations back.

/Signed/