Season of Stealth: Day 1 Experience

UltraFlashStar

Many, many, many DPS and Healers getting globalled by Scoundrels and Shadows. Usually 1 - 2 per match. I thought the 2 month period was to assess if class balance was good enough to allow a Ranked Season alongside checking the previous season for wintraders and the like. Noticing I’m getting stunned locked longer than before (to the point where I can sip a drink of water and still be stunned).

So far the positives are that it seems that class matchmaking is making more mirror matches than last season. Though it’s probably due to the high influx of Scoundrels and Shadows in queue. Seeing a nice amount of Powertechs in queue as well which is great (both tank and DPS). Also seeing a bunch of newer Ranked players (though some of them need a bit of help).

Overall, nice changes to the Ranked system: However, class balance needs to be addressed.Tweak Operative/Scoundrel (Concealment/Scrapper) and Assassin/Shadow (Deception/Infiltration).

Any other Season of Stealth: Day 1 experiences?

I noticed stuns now fill your white bar in 1/3, so you can actually be stunlocked by 3 stuns and die.

Operatives are *********** OP with damage and heals.

Deception and infiltration doing great dmg.

Mercs have 2x dodge roll LOL

Snipers having teleport LOL

Everything is broken, buff DoT classes so I can also enjoy pvp.

Many, many, many DPS and Healers getting globalled by Scoundrels and Shadows. Usually 1 - 2 per match. I thought the 2 month period was to assess if class balance was good enough to allow a Ranked Season alongside checking the previous season for wintraders and the like. Noticing I’m getting stunned locked longer than before (to the point where I can sip a drink of water and still be stunned).

So far the positives are that it seems that class matchmaking is making more mirror matches than last season. Though it’s probably due to the high influx of Scoundrels and Shadows in queue. Seeing a nice amount of Powertechs in queue as well which is great (both tank and DPS). Also seeing a bunch of newer Ranked players (though some of them need a bit of help).

Overall, nice changes to the Ranked system: However, class balance needs to be addressed.Tweak Operative/Scoundrel (Concealment/Scrapper) and Assassin/Shadow (Deception/Infiltration).

Any other Season of Stealth: Day 1 experiences?

You thought all these threads about dec sins, conc opers were a joke? Lol no until devs nerf these specs to 57k biggest hits instead of 65+ hits and from 9-10 k dps per secons to 7-8,5 dps and remove possibility of changing tactical items during fight all other specs and classes will be useless. Dot pt 100 k hits must be reduced to maximun of 60k hit. It is not a burst spec after all

I noticed stuns now fill your white bar in 1/3, so you can actually be stunlocked by 3 stuns and die.

Merc back leap doesn't dodge damage.

3 stuns? ahhh

u didnt know that a stun within a second fills resolve less? which means your 3. "hardstun" is for a sec....

wow.. since 1.1?

operatives are op all the time.. dominating pvp for a decade... net him stun him kill em... no roll no life..more roll less dmg...ez l2p issue

deceptions burst is way to high. every monkey can press mual maul maul maul...^^ but what happens when they cant reset anymore? or if their getting focused ?

Mercs... aha... net rocketout shield--> reflect--> kolto---> shield--> knockback into into into......

yeah poor mercs

snipers? wait im on him.. argh cant stun ... argh knockback.... argh he rolled.. argh evade...argh diversion... argh he rolled... now get him..... holocate... repeat....legshot? mezz? 75% movementspeed?hardstun?

and dots?

Pyro pts? 15-20k arent enough?

leth ops? 15-20k arent enough with 4-7 k hps?

sins? .. or sage?.,..

man the balance is not perfekt... but its near to ok.

learn to deal with it. think outside the box.....

My day 1 experience is:

1) Hatred sins are very weak, and combined with my utter inability to play them in pvp, I am being called a bot. Deception is miles better, but I still suck at sins. I have never figured out how to properly use their merger dcds.

2) I have no damage on con-oper. I have no clue what is happening. I have set bonus + tactical and years of experience and yet... no damage. One round I did less than 100k. So strange.

3) Juggs are in a weird place. I can take 600 - 900k damage without healer and do "okay" damage myself, but there is nothing to do against good sins that uses double stealth out.

4) PTs are still very easy to tunnel - fortunately because they do a lot of damage.

5) Sniper are definitely in top 3; probably along with sins and lingers.

I think I will try merc this season.

The Main problem remains Class Stacking.

Though Operatives as do DPS Sorcs need a check IMO, there has to be a trade off, you really cannot have it all i.e one of the best burst in the games, full of (a couple 8 sec stuns), and then again being able to off-heal rather well. This is ridiculous.

This video will help you understand what's happening to you when you are being crowd controlled.

This video will help you understand what's happening to you when you are being crowd controlled.

Dude it was 3 stuns, not incap or sleep or something.

Was stunned 3 sec, another stun 3 sec another stun 3 sec then my bar is white while i died.

I had defensive bubble all the time and was dmged until i died. They broke something with this update cause hutball is broken, my procs as serenity are broken, they ****ed up.

My day 1 experience is:

1) Hatred sins are very weak, and combined with my utter inability to play them in pvp, I am being called a bot. Deception is miles better, but I still suck at sins. I have never figured out how to properly use their merger dcds.

2) I have no damage on con-oper. I have no clue what is happening. I have set bonus + tactical and years of experience and yet... no damage. One round I did less than 100k. So strange.

3) Juggs are in a weird place. I can take 600 - 900k damage without healer and do "okay" damage myself, but there is nothing to do against good sins that uses double stealth out.

4) PTs are still very easy to tunnel - fortunately because they do a lot of damage.

5) Sniper are definitely in top 3; probably along with sins and lingers.

I think I will try merc this season.

yea hatred is really weak, they need to buf dmg to heal ratio from dots by 300%(300 heal ticks now does not help much), they need to buff spinning strike execute procs to deal 30-40k dmg (not ****** 15k criticals), they need to buff serenity strike dmg to 20k base and 150% hp heal, buff force in balance dmg to 30k base and heal 100%. Than serenity/hatred should be viable like deception/infiltration and other OP classes.

Edited by Werronious

My ranking of classes in performance would be, for 4DPS (assuming they bring their best spec):

Assassin ~> Operative > Sorcerer > Sniper ~> Marauder = Mercenary > Powertech > Juggernaut

Overall, though, I'd say that the balance isn't that whack. It's only really Juggernaut which seems to be somewhat of a liability, and they don't have their ED tactical yet.

It has been a while since stealth classes were meta in solo ranked, so most people playing non-stealth aren't used to not really having their initial position advantage.

My ranking of classes in performance would be, for 4DPS (assuming they bring their best spec):

Assassin ~> Operative > Sorcerer > Sniper ~> Marauder = Mercenary > Powertech > Juggernaut

Overall, though, I'd say that the balance isn't that whack. It's only really Juggernaut which seems to be somewhat of a liability, and they don't have their ED tactical yet.

It has been a while since stealth classes were meta in solo ranked, so most people playing non-stealth aren't used to not really having their initial position advantage.

I'm not sure the ED tactical will be that useful in yolos but we'll see.

I'm not sure the ED tactical will be that useful in yolos but we'll see.

Rage Juggernaut I don't think will generally survive until the second ED, but with all the rotational DR, I'm hopeful that Vengeance will perform better. Nightrain, at least, claims that he would be able to survive until the second ED the tactical would provide.

What server were you playing on? There were hardly any lightning sorcs on Star Forge last night. It was almost all sins, ops, and merc healers.

Considering his signature says Darth Malgus, it's probably that server lol.

Banter aside, from what I've seen watching SR streams on Darth Malgus and my experience queueing SR on Star Forge last night, it's that the former is much more stealth + lightning sorc dominated while the latter is rather diverse when it comes to team compositions.

Considering his signature says Darth Malgus, it's probably that server lol.

Banter aside, from what I've seen watching SR streams on Darth Malgus and my experience queueing SR on Star Forge last night, it's that the former is much more stealth + lightning sorc dominated while the latter is rather diverse when it comes to team compositions.

I don't see any signature for Kawiki.

I'd disagree.

Assassin ~> Operative .................................. > Sorcerer ......... > Marauder > Sniper> Merc> Powertech > Juggernaut.

I changed up marauder and added the "......." to show where classes are overperforming the next by a sizable margin.

1) Mara is a lot stronger than people first believed. It's damage is average and its defensives are amazing. Cloak + pred tactical needs to be nerfed or put a timer on it.

2) Oper and sin are overperforming all other classes by a sizable margin. Sin needs a 20% damage nerf on maul (with death knell) Operative needs a 10% damage nerf on backstab (with volatile strike tactical). Tactical swapping while in matches also needs to be fixed.

3) Sorc, while noticeable less strong than operative and assassin, has considerable damage. Elemental convection gives it ridiculous 14k cleave damage with just 3 buttons. The worst part is they get to spam chain lightning over and over again to keep you rooted for eternity. Either put a timer on the amount of times they can trigger chain lightning, or nerf the damage nerf the damage output by 15%.

Other notable points

-Meteoric Brawler needs to be nerfed. Firefall is dumb that's how hard it hits.

-Juggernaut ED needs to be tweaked again to stack with the damage.

-Still waiting on the intimidating roar tactical. Might make mara/jugger a lot stronger than they are already.

-Leth operative's lethal strike when spread with viral elements tactical is hitting extremely hard for an AOE... might need to be toned down, we'll see.

With these changes I think the nerf on heals ( to be more accurate the fact that heals weren't scaled with dps) will be a little less severe and might fix the healing problem altogether.

I'd disagree.

Assassin ~> Operative .................................. > Sorcerer ......... > Marauder > Sniper> Merc> Powertech > Juggernaut.

I changed up marauder and added the "......." to show where classes are overperforming the next by a sizable margin.

1) Mara is a lot stronger than people first believed. It's damage is average and its defensives are amazing. Cloak + pred tactical needs to be nerfed or put a timer on it.

2) Oper and sin are overperforming all other classes by a sizable margin. Sin needs a 20% damage nerf on maul (with death knell) Operative needs a 10% damage nerf on backstab (with volatile strike tactical). Tactical swapping while in matches also needs to be fixed.

3) Sorc, while noticeable less strong than operative and assassin, has considerable damage. Elemental convection gives it ridiculous 14k cleave damage with just 3 buttons. The worst part is they get to spam chain lightning over and over again to keep you rooted for eternity. Either put a timer on the amount of times they can trigger chain lightning, or nerf the damage nerf the damage output by 15%.

Other notable points

-Meteoric Brawler needs to be nerfed. Firefall is dumb that's how hard it hits.

-Juggernaut ED needs to be tweaked again to stack with the damage.

-Still waiting on the intimidating roar tactical. Might make mara/jugger a lot stronger than they are already.

-Leth operative's lethal strike when spread with viral elements tactical is hitting extremely hard for an AOE... might need to be toned down, we'll see.

With these changes I think the nerf on heals ( to be more accurate the fact that heals weren't scaled with dps) will be a little less severe and might fix the healing problem altogether.

Only part I really disagree with is merc. Merc seems on par with, or perhaps even better than, mara and sniper right now, just below sorcs imo. Granted, there haven't been too many in queue so far, but a particular merc went 16-0 last night on SF and that has to count for something lol

Edited by JediMasterAlex

I'd disagree.

Yeah, I can see that being the case too. When the map permits, the amount of vanish-kite marauder can do can be cancerous.

Either way, we agree on the top 3 classes and the bottom 2 classes, and which three classes form the "mid-tier" - so I don't think we have a fundamental disagreement here.

I think most peoples here clearly underestimate the power of merc/snipers/mara if sins/oper gets nerfed. Those three class are still strong, strong enough that a single defensive cooldown means that you have to swap target no matter how strong your burst is, because your opponent cannot die during this defensive.

I agree that current decep sin is dumb, and that the autocrit should occur only on Duplicity and procced finisher. I agree that Hatred needs a buff tho :p but I also agree that nerfing sins and oper without adressing the old 5.X issues will not solve PvP balance. ^^

As for ranked experience, I would have liked to share my own day 1 experience, but we didn't got any proc on Levi' so I can't say much. :rolleyes:

I had an interesting round where i took damage, while they also focused the jugg in team. I used cds, medpac, adrenal, Then i had to stealth out, went to heal up but on the way they already killed jugg and sin right after. So how does this work that they focus one, but also are able to quickly kill off others?? We were against 1 oper, 1 sin, 1 shadow, 1 sent btw.

I had an interesting round where i took damage, while they also focused the jugg in team. I used cds, medpac, adrenal, Then i had to stealth out, went to heal up but on the way they already killed jugg and sin right after. So how does this work that they focus one, but also are able to quickly kill off others?? We were against 1 oper, 1 sin, 1 shadow, 1 sent btw.

You said it right there. 1 oper, 1 sin, 1 shadow and add sent for good measure. So much burst right there in a small window with good focus.

Edited by TrixxieTriss