Petition: Bring the Old Republic era of Star Wars to Netflix

Exedong

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of us have both Amazon prime and Netflix and even then neither have it all lol

Len

I got Prime mostly for the free shipping and lower prices (2 day was enough, but now I live in a Prime Now area - bonus!). The TV service is a nice little extra, and wouldn't be worth $100/yr on its own. Netflix only offers a TV/film service for the same price - not worth it to me.

I guess he is talking about a live action tv show and not a video game right? Cause 1 they dont make games and 2 you need Disney permission for ANYTHING STAR WARS, not Netflix.

Here's a tid bit of info for ya. Back b4 Disney bought Everything SW, George Lucas was planning to make a live action SW tv series back 2010 (i think it was around that year). Of course it never got out of that planning stage. Because Disney, a few years later dropped a big offer Lucas couldn't refuse.

I think instead of Disney doing A movie like "Rogue one" i think with something like "R1" would play out as a tv series far better, just because, to me, JMO, The appeal of such a movie inst as great as the Original films fitting best as a movie Franchise. Although it is part of the STAR WARS film Franchise, the focus of "R1", is so much different.

Where "R1" feels more like a TV series with many chapter or seasons that, ratings would take it through out many years of a weekly show, instead of just 1 to 3 films then done. I guess with a Film though, they can get some big time Celebrities, where tv series Probably wouldn't gravitate the celebrity star base and where unknown actors would be used do to they would be paid a lot less then Celebs.

Again, JMO...

But, What says You???

Itd be awesome to see TOR era on TV or in cinemas but I dont think either will happen anytime soon.... Disneys too preoccupied with other movies (Episode VIII, XI, Rogue One, Han Solo, Possible Boba Fett, etc.) Plus some people dont have Netflix or service similar to it so it wouldn't be fair to them :confused:

Netflix is not who you should pressure. That'd be Disney considering they own the license. For anything to be made with the name of "Star Wars" it would need Disney's explicit permission. Which is not likely to happen in this case.

Besides, when has a change.org petition ever actually accomplished anything of relevance?

Frankly I dont think this will ever happen, Disney dismissed all extended universe lore and claimed it as non-canon. Their point is that extended universe lore does not tie up with their new films and should be kept separate as SW Legends if i remember it right. So its very unlikely that Disney will support this idea but we still may hope that 3rd party studio will do the job.

OK, so those are so emphatic about not signing "because it will never happen" What do you have to lose signing the Petition?

Same with the "I have Amazon Prime, so I'm not signing" so you even have less to lose.

As for the "You need to have Disney's Permission, not Netflix" you do realize that Disney signed an exclusive release contract with Netflx, right? Netflix would be the avenue for this sort of series. Also, if you actually look at the petition, rather than simply poo pooing it out of hand, you'd see that the Petition IS directed at Disney.

As for the "Disney has said SWTOR isn't canon" Neither was Grand Admiral Thrawn, until they changed their minds.

Like I said, what do you have to lose signing it? If you're right, nothing will ever come of it, and you've wasted nothing more than a moment or 2 signing it. Less time than it would take to log on to SWTOR.

OK, so those are so emphatic about not signing "because it will never happen" What do you have to lose signing the Petition?

Same with the "I have Amazon Prime, so I'm not signing" so you even have less to lose.

As for the "You need to have Disney's Permission, not Netflix" you do realize that Disney signed an exclusive release contract with Netflx, right? Netflix would be the avenue for this sort of series. Also, if you actually look at the petition, rather than simply poo pooing it out of hand, you'd see that the Petition IS directed at Disney.

As for the "Disney has said SWTOR isn't canon" Neither was Grand Admiral Thrawn, until they changed their minds.

Like I said, what do you have to lose signing it? If you're right, nothing will ever come of it, and you've wasted nothing more than a moment or 2 signing it. Less time than it would take to log on to SWTOR.

I'd like to but not as much as I'd like not to.

Edited by Sage_of_Battle

Netflix is not who you should pressure. That'd be Disney considering they own the license. For anything to be made with the name of "Star Wars" it would need Disney's explicit permission. Which is not likely to happen in this case.

Besides, when has a change.org petition ever actually accomplished anything of relevance?

Disney owns Marvel, and have done a really good job with Marvel Netflix series. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and from the trailers I'm going to say Luke Cage are incredible. There's no bad blood there at all, so this whole not likely to happen thing is a bunch of bull.

If they actually saw a market for the Old Republic stuff (which in my opinion is a lot better than the current crap) they could easily arrange for something like this to happen. Of course it would need a hell of a lot more than the 15k sigs they have right now to get their attention.

Edited by Setta

Disney owns Marvel, and have done a really good job with Marvel Netflix series. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and from the trailers I'm going to say Luke Cage are incredible. There's no bad blood there at all, so this whole not likely to happen thing is a bunch of bull.

If they actually saw a market for the Old Republic stuff (which in my opinion is a lot better than the current crap) they could easily arrange for something like this to happen. Of course it would need a hell of a lot more than the 15k sigs they have right now to get their attention.

Ok, that's great and all but comparing Star Wars to the Marvel universe doesn't work here. Marvel is known for having alternate universes and timelines where different events happen. They realize this and embrace it. Star Wars does not. There is one continuity, anything else isn't canon. Period. An Old Republic series would clash with the continuity Disney has come up with. There's a reason they officially declared(never was to begin with) the Expanded Universe as not canon. It's got nothing to do with "bad blood." Strictly business. Netflix and the writers and directors of said Star Wars series would need permission from Disney, which I doubt will happen. Not impossible, but very unlikely given the events that have occurred with the acquisition of Star Wars.

They did see the market, and saw that it was stagnant. That's why they rebooted the Star Wars continuity. Nothing was moving forward. The EU was doing nothing to invigorate Star Wars and things were looking more like DBZ-lite than actual Star Wars(not saying the EU was all ****). Star Wars was irrelevant for a long time with hardly any attention. Disney made drastic changes along with releasing a new trilogy and now Star Wars is back on the map with people constantly talking about it and, more importantly, making them money.

Edited by Sage_of_Battle

Ok, that's great and all but comparing Star Wars to the Marvel universe doesn't work here. Marvel is known for having alternate universes and timelines where different events happen. They realize this and embrace it. Star Wars does not. There is one continuity, anything else isn't canon. Period. An Old Republic series would clash with the continuity Disney has come up with. There's a reason they officially declared(never was to begin with) the Expanded Universe as not canon. It's got nothing to do with "bad blood." Strictly business. Netflix and the writers and directors of said Star Wars series would need permission from Disney, which I doubt will happen. Not impossible, but very unlikely given the events that have occurred with the acquisition of Star Wars.

They did see the market, and saw that it was stagnant. That's why they rebooted the Star Wars continuity. Nothing was moving forward. The EU was doing nothing to invigorate Star Wars and things were looking more like DBZ-lite than actual Star Wars(not saying the EU was all ****). Star Wars was irrelevant for a long time with hardly any attention. Disney made drastic changes along with releasing a new trilogy and now Star Wars is back on the map with people constantly talking about it and, more importantly, making them money.

1) While in the comics there are many marvel universes for sure. They're all sharing the same one, when it comes to their movies and TV shows. This includes Netflix shows as well. Though stuff from Agents of Shield, or even the Netflix series may never make it to the big screen, they do work in reverse. Agents of Shield revolves around what the movies are doing on several occasions, and has worked that into their story line. Sometimes well, other times not so much. With Netflix, while Daredevil and Jessica Jones have stayed largely separate from the movies. The events of the movies are what spurred the conflicts of those shows. Going as far back as Daredevil season 1 (first Netflix / Marvel show), in the first or second episode they mention the battle of New York (First Avengers Movie) and how it created the problems that a large corporation stepped in to solve and make millions in the process. With out going into to many details in case some still haven't watched it, this is a big part of why Daredevil got involved in the whole mess, and what spurred the whole season 1 show. Jessica Jones also touches up on things that happened on the big screen.

2) While Disney did remove a lot of the expanded universe additions (thank god for that) they still decided to keep a few things around. For instance one of the more famous characters who went from being uncanoned to being cannon again is Grand Admiral Thrawn, who will be showing up in Rebels season 3. Rakata prime for instance, something that hasn't appeared in episode 1-7, or the Clone Wars Cartoons, or the Rebels Cartoons, is also apparently canon now as well. I'm willing to bet there are many more examples out there, but those are the ones that immediately pop into my head.

2a) Now Rakata Prime being canon means one of two things. They a) call a planet Rakata prime but change almost everything about it, and the things that are tied to it. Which would make no sense, then just keep it scrapped and create a new planet, and lore. Why bring it back otherwise? You're just going to confuse people this way. Or b) keep Rakata Prime as is, which means that while not all of Kotor would be canon it would give some of it actual canon status. Since Rakata Prime was first introduced in Kotor. This means that most likely (can't prove it, not a Disney executive) Disney does not have an issue with the Old Republic Era in general, and honestly why should they? They're events that happened thousands of years before the movies. All it does is give Star Wars a richer lore.

I mean I understand why you'd scrap everything after episode 6 on, that's just common sense. From a financial stand point, you don't want to pay old writers for the rights to use their material. You also don't want people who hated the extended universe to not show up either, because their expecting a crap story, and episode 7 really needed to succeed (which financially it did, story telling is highly debatable). Instead they essentially took Jacen and Jaina Solo tweaked their back stories a bit, and ended up with Rey and Ben (sorry Kylo Ren). They decided that Thrawn was popular enough to bring back, with some minor alterations to his story. All in all Disney is smart about things. Their playing the safe game, and taking things that are liked and using them to their advantage. The DBZ level crap that happens later which was face palm material they scrapped.

3) Anyways I won't bother ranting anymore, I've already wasted more time than I care, but suffice to say your reasoning for why it can't happen just doesn't make much sense, given Disney's actions across the board. Your reason for continuity and canon material is completely wrong, and you trying to say that comparing Star Wars and Marvel is like comparing Apples to Watermelons is pretty wrong too. The fact that they do work well together, and the fact that Netflix has a bigger budget than most TV show studios is a pretty big deal. BTW quick side note Lucas films did want to make a live action Star Wars show in the past, but most studios couldn't afford to make it. There's talks right now with ABC about this, but I doubt even they will be able to sustain it for long if at all. HBO didn't care to do business, though their one of the few who have the budget for it, which really only leaves a small amount of choices when it comes to making a live action Star Wars show. Netflix being one of them, and at this point probably one of the best choices if not the best choice. All that really needs to happen is enough people voicing their opinions that they want a Kotor show rather than something closer to the current time line.

Edited by Setta

1) While in the comics there are many marvel universes for sure. They're all sharing the same one, when it comes to their movies and TV shows. This includes Netflix shows as well. Though stuff from Agents of Shield, or even the Netflix series may never make it to the big screen, they do work in reverse. Agents of Shield revolves around what the movies are doing on several occasions, and has worked that into their story line. Sometimes well, other times not so much. With Netflix, while Daredevil and Jessica Jones have stayed largely separate from the movies. The events of the movies are what spurred the conflicts of those shows. Going as far back as Daredevil season 1 (first Netflix / Marvel show), in the first or second episode they mention the battle of New York (First Avengers Movie) and how it created the problems that a large corporation stepped in to solve and make millions in the process. With out going into to many details in case some still haven't watched it, this is a big part of why Daredevil got involved in the whole mess, and what spurred the whole season 1 show. Jessica Jones also touches up on things that happened on the big screen.

2) While Disney did remove a lot of the expanded universe additions (thank god for that) they still decided to keep a few things around. For instance one of the more famous characters who went from being uncanoned to being cannon again is Grand Admiral Thrawn, who will be showing up in Rebels season 3. Rakata prime for instance, something that hasn't appeared in episode 1-7, or the Clone Wars Cartoons, or the Rebels Cartoons, is also apparently canon now as well. I'm willing to bet there are many more examples out there, but those are the ones that immediately pop into my head.

2a) Now Rakata Prime being canon means one of two things. They a) call a planet Rakata prime but change almost everything about it, and the things that are tied to it. Which would make no sense, then just keep it scrapped and create a new planet, and lore. Why bring it back otherwise? You're just going to confuse people this way. Or b) keep Rakata Prime as is, which means that while not all of Kotor would be canon it would give some of it actual canon status. Since Rakata Prime was first introduced in Kotor. This means that most likely (can't prove it, not a Disney executive) Disney does not have an issue with the Old Republic Era in general, and honestly why should they? They're events that happened thousands of years before the movies. All it does is give Star Wars a richer lore.

I mean I understand why you'd scrap everything after episode 6 on, that's just common sense. From a financial stand point, you don't want to pay old writers for the rights to use their material. You also don't want people who hated the extended universe to not show up either, because their expecting a crap story, and episode 7 really needed to succeed (which financially it did, story telling is highly debatable). Instead they essentially took Jacen and Jaina Solo tweaked their back stories a bit, and ended up with Rey and Ben (sorry Kylo Ren). They decided that Thrawn was popular enough to bring back, with some minor alterations to his story. All in all Disney is smart about things. Their playing the safe game, and taking things that are liked and using them to their advantage. The DBZ level crap that happens later which was face palm material they scrapped.

3) Anyways I won't bother ranting anymore, I've already wasted more time than I care, but suffice to say your reasoning for why it can't happen just doesn't make much sense, given Disney's actions across the board. Your reason for continuity and canon material is completely wrong, and you trying to say that comparing Star Wars and Marvel is like comparing Apples to Watermelons is pretty wrong too. The fact that they do work well together, and the fact that Netflix has a bigger budget than most TV show studios is a pretty big deal. BTW quick side note Lucas films did want to make a live action Star Wars show in the past, but most studios couldn't afford to make it. There's talks right now with ABC about this, but I doubt even they will be able to sustain it for long if at all. HBO didn't care to do business, though their one of the few who have the budget for it, which really only leaves a small amount of choices when it comes to making a live action Star Wars show. Netflix being one of them, and at this point probably one of the best choices if not the best choice. All that really needs to happen is enough people voicing their opinions that they want a Kotor show rather than something closer to the current time line.

In regards to Marvel, that's another story that could warrant it's own debate. The MCU has found a good middle ground in regards to it's own independent content and content from the comics. Could Star Wars do that? Perhaps, but not without reintegrating lore that has already been scraped and officially declared not canon.

Rakata Prime in the Disney continuity=/=Lehon which is what you know from the Kotor games. The same goes for Malachor. Why did they decide to use similar names? Could be they just liked the sound. Who knows. But currently, they are not the same planets. Your A scenario, whether you believe it makes sense or not, is likely what's happening currently, to a certain extent. The planets will have a somewhat similar back story(Malachor being a war torn planet) but with certain differences. The planets sharing a name still does not validate Kotor's status as being canon. The only thing that will do that is an official statement. The reason Disney might have an issue with Kotor is simply put; they have their own vision of Jedi, Sith, the Force and a timeline of events, and they'd like to keep it clear, something the EU had issues with. Even though the events may have happened thousands of years prior, it still restricts them in a way. The current events clash with continuity that George Lucas came up with. One big example being that Sith cannot become one with the force yet Darth Marr contradicts this. Becoming a force ghost is something that only Jedi should be allowed to do. This was stated by Lucas when discussing how the Dark Side and the Sith are a perversion and corruption of the Force, not just another POV. Disney wants to stick closer to Lucas' view while also expanding on it, that's why they'd take issue.

My reasoning makes perfect sense exactly because of the actions of Disney, I really don't see how you came to your conclusion. They wouldn't officially declare the EU not canon otherwise. Like, there's no "reading between the lines" here. If they had no issue with the EU, before or after the films taking place, they wouldn't have scraped it. I can't put it any simpler than that really. There are reasons as to why they do these things. They don't just decide to make out-of-the-blue, major decisions such as this. I mean, that's hundreds of comics, novels etc that they have too carefully consider in regards to their continuity. And further more, Kotor, TOR, nearly everything before and after the films were never really considered canon to begin with. Lucas himself stated they were alternate universes from his, his being the main one. I can pull a citation for this. Disney essentially just directly stated what George tip-toed around for a while, afraid of upsetting more fans after the back lash of the prequels.

And in regards to Thrawn, I do believe after Disney came out with the EU scrap initially, they did say that this wasn't the end all, be all in regards to the EU, but this was drowned out due to the incoherent, temper tantrum of EU fanboys. As usual, people took context and blew it out of proportion. I do believe they said that they would cull the EU and reintegrate certain parts of the lore such as Thrawn. Could this happen to The Old Republic timeline? Perhaps but unlikely. Thrawn doesn't contradict much of anything in regards to Disney's continuity and he's a popular character so it really was a no-brainer. TOR timeline would be a bit more expansive and harder to reintegrate.

Edited by Sage_of_Battle

Rakata Prime in the Disney continuity=/=Lehon which is what you know from the Kotor games. The same goes for Malachor. Why did they decide to use similar names? Could be they just liked the sound. Who knows. But currently, they are not the same planets. Your A scenario, whether you believe it makes sense or not, is likely what's happening currently, to a certain extent. The planets will have a somewhat similar back story(Malachor being a war torn planet) but with certain differences.

I really don't get how that makes sense to you, because for me that really defies a lot of common sense and logic. "Oh the name sounds cool, so let's keep that, but scrap everything else." Really? but I guess until Disney makes an actual move with Rakata Prime all you and I would be doing is speculating either way. So I'll just stop us here.

And in regards to Thrawn, I do believe after Disney came out with the EU scrap initially, they did say that this wasn't the end all, be all in regards to the EU, but this was drowned out due to the incoherent, temper tantrum of EU fanboys. As usual, people took context and blew it out of proportion. I do believe they said that they would cull the EU and reintegrate certain parts of the lore such as Thrawn. Could this happen to The Old Republic timeline? Perhaps but unlikely. Thrawn doesn't contradict much of anything in regards to Disney's continuity and he's a popular character so it really was a no-brainer. TOR timeline would be a bit more expansive and harder to reintegrate.

Sorry but unless there is some source I'm not aware of which you wish to provide, I'm 99% positive they never said anything about them them culling the EU and reintegrating certain parts of it at any point when they scrapped everything. They just said 1-6 along with the clone wars, their new rebels, and the new comics they were releasing was canon and everything else is just EU which they're scrapping. It wasn't until the "EU fanboys" made enough noise that Disney decided to undo some of it's decisions. Which again if Disney is listening to the fans, which I think they are, Kotor or at least parts of it, becoming canonized seems to be a reasonable assumption as it has a pretty decent following.

I really don't get how that makes sense to you, because for me that really defies a lot of common sense and logic. "Oh the name sounds cool, so let's keep that, but scrap everything else." Really? but I guess until Disney makes an actual move with Rakata Prime all you and I would be doing is speculating either way. So I'll just stop us here.

Sorry but unless there is some source I'm not aware of which you wish to provide, I'm 99% positive they never said anything about them them culling the EU and reintegrating certain parts of it at any point when they scrapped everything. They just said 1-6 along with the clone wars, their new rebels, and the new comics they were releasing was canon and everything else is just EU which they're scrapping. It wasn't until the "EU fanboys" made enough noise that Disney decided to undo some of it's decisions. Which again if Disney is listening to the fans, which I think they are, Kotor or at least parts of it, becoming canonized seems to be a reasonable assumption as it has a pretty decent following.

That's an assumption. It doesn't make sense to me, I never said it did. But as far as we know, that's exactly what's happening until said otherwise.

It was discussed in the forums during the initial scrap. I don't care much for finding a source, it could be wrong and I could be remembering it incorrectly. Either way, fan demand, which isn't looking like it's nearly enough to make a difference, still wouldn't bring Kotor into Disney's continuity. You can convince yourself that Disney could make it work, but it simply wouldn't work with Disney's canon, not without taking massive back peddling on Disney's part. Feel free to disagree, it still doesn't change the fact that Disney scraped it and has since made no indication that they're bringing it back. They acquired Star Wars in 2012 and in 2014, they declared the EU would not be regarded in their new continuity and nothing has changed since other than Thrawn being put back in, and even that we don't know if it's entirely the same character. Anything else in this situation is just hopeful wishing until there's any concrete evidence for the contrary. Kotor may have a good following, but it's still greatly outnumbered by the casual audience of Star Wars that never bothered with EU games, books, comics etc that have since bought into the sequel trilogy alone, not to mention the new novels and comics. EU fans are in the minority, compared to the casual audience.

Edited by Sage_of_Battle

They don't just decide to make out-of-the-blue, major decisions such as this. I mean, that's hundreds of comics, novels etc that they have too carefully consider in regards to their continuity. And further more, Kotor, TOR, nearly everything before and after the films were never really considered canon to begin with. Lucas himself stated they were alternate universes from his, his being the main one. I can pull a citation for this. Disney essentially just directly stated what George tip-toed around for a while, afraid of upsetting more fans after the back lash of the prequels.

"After Star Wars was released, it became apparent that my story—however many films it took to tell—was only one of thousands that could be told about the characters who inhabit its galaxy. But these were not stories that I was destined to tell. Instead, they would spring from the imagination of other writers, inspired by the glimpse of a galaxy that Star Wars provided. Today, it is an amazing, if unexpected, legacy of Star Wars that so many gifted writers are contributing new stories to the Saga."

―George Lucas, from the introduction of Splinter of the Mind's Eye, 1996

"After Star Wars was released, it became apparent that my story—however many films it took to tell—was only one of thousands that could be told about the characters who inhabit its galaxy. But these were not stories that I was destined to tell. Instead, they would spring from the imagination of other writers, inspired by the glimpse of a galaxy that Star Wars provided. Today, it is an amazing, if unexpected, legacy of Star Wars that so many gifted writers are contributing new stories to the Saga."

―George Lucas, from the introduction of Splinter of the Mind's Eye, 1996

"It’s a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that’s kind of the end of the story. There is no story about Luke Skywalker, I mean apart from the books. But there’s three worlds: There’s my world that I made up, there’s the licensing world that’s the books, the comics, all that kind of stuff, the games, which is their world, and then there’s the fans’ world, which is also very rich in imagination, but they don’t always mesh. All I’m in charge of is my world. I can’t be in charge of those other people’s world, because I can’t keep up with it."

http://www.amc.com/talk/2008/03/george-lucas-th

Also from Georgie boy;

“I don’t read that stuff. I haven’t read any of the novels. I don’t know anything about that world. That’s a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used. When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions.” – George Lucas, from an interview in Starlog #337

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865602712/Lucasfilm-sets-record-straight-on-Star-Wars-Expanded-Universe.html?pg=all

All of these a bit more recent than your 1996 quote. Just like they are now, the EU was always an alternate universe, not pertaining to G-Canon.

Edited by Sage_of_Battle

"It’s a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that’s kind of the end of the story. There is no story about Luke Skywalker, I mean apart from the books. But there’s three worlds: There’s my world that I made up, there’s the licensing world that’s the books, the comics, all that kind of stuff, the games, which is their world, and then there’s the fans’ world, which is also very rich in imagination, but they don’t always mesh. All I’m in charge of is my world. I can’t be in charge of those other people’s world, because I can’t keep up with it."

http://www.amc.com/talk/2008/03/george-lucas-th

Also from Georgie boy;

“I don’t read that stuff. I haven’t read any of the novels. I don’t know anything about that world. That’s a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used. When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions.” – George Lucas, from an interview in Starlog #337

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865602712/Lucasfilm-sets-record-straight-on-Star-Wars-Expanded-Universe.html?pg=all

All of these a bit more recent than your 1996 quote. Just like they are now, the EU was always an alternate universe, not pertaining to G-Canon.

Never said it was G-canon but it wasn't an alternate universe,it was C-canon,the only thing that would fit in that category is N-canon which was non canon stuff like infinities(something i think should have been done for the prequels,i like the what if ideas)the problem is i don't mind lucas flipping flopping on issues,he has changes stances many times first saying there will be no episode VII then saying he had a draft for it.

But Lucas hired somebody to keep track of what he could not,Leland Chee,and he told multiple times that the SW Had only one continuity and as long as there was the holocron no need for reboot,so either Lucas hired a big liar or it was true,i'm fine with Disney making their own timeline but i think they should let both flourish,yes it might be confusing for a new fan to get the difference but it's pretty simple,there's legends and there's disneyverse.The legends cover is meant for that after all,to make a difference between their continuity and the so called old one.

Never said it was G-canon but it wasn't an alternate universe,it was C-canon,the only thing that would fit in that category is N-canon which was non canon stuff like infinities(something i think should have been done for the prequels,i like the what if ideas)the problem is i don't mind lucas flipping flopping on issues,he has changes stances many times first saying there will be no episode VII then saying he had a draft for it.

But Lucas hired somebody to keep track of what he could not,Leland Chee,and he told multiple times that the SW Had only one continuity and as long as there was the holocron no need for reboot,so either Lucas hired a big liar or it was true,i'm fine with Disney making their own timeline but i think they should let both flourish,yes it might be confusing for a new fan to get the difference but it's pretty simple,there's legends and there's disneyverse.The legends cover is meant for that after all,to make a difference between their continuity and the so called old one.

Yes, yes, yes I remember the same spiel you told me about before. It was certainly an alternate universe, seeing as how that came out of the horse's mouth himself. As we learned, G-canon is the only relevant canon. The strongest form of canon and the only one that crossed over. Lucas never flip flopped, he was just walking on egg shells. He never regarded the EU as relevant but didn't want to flat out say that considering all the hate he had already been getting. He was done with Star Wars and didn't want to touch it anymore.

In regards to letting them both "flourish." I don't think there's anything stopping authors from writing more Legends material, but they're going where the money is, which is the same direction alongside the sequel trilogy.

Edited by Sage_of_Battle