Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Still no ETA on Server Transfers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Still no ETA on Server Transfers?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanNV's Avatar


DanNV
11.22.2017 , 03:20 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
Open server transfers -> Everyone moves to Starforge -> Starforge will become the next SS -> SS will lose population -> Merging of both servers ->???-> What was the point?

Now this may seem like the worst case scenario, but it wouldn't surprise me if it actually happened.
Unfortunately, I have to agree. One direction or the other, I am expecting a large majority on one server and a very small population on the other. Right now I have 22 on one and 26 on the other, 1 main and a couple alts total that I do anything at all with.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS

TwoEightySeven's Avatar


TwoEightySeven
11.22.2017 , 06:06 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I guess I do not understand the urgency to get transfers back. Where are you going to move, and why? They just consolidated servers, and they announced in advance which server populations were going to settle where... weeks before they shut down transfers.

Note: my comment is in no way supportive of transfers being off, and I am glad to see them turn them back on... but I really do not understand the urgency being expressed by players.
I had to have chars on US and EU servers because of the population on the former Red Eclipse at some of the hours I play - solo play does not really hold my interest that much. Since the merge I have found Malgus (where the vast majority of my characters are) to be populated sufficiently at those times that I do not need to also play on Satele, which I did not foresee before the merge. I do, however, have one decently geared char that I would like to move to Malgus, and he is about to hit rank 300 which will complete my 100% cxp boost, so thanks Eric

PennyAnn's Avatar


PennyAnn
11.22.2017 , 06:31 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
OK...what's going on there? First you announce you'll be doubling our existing UC's and now you're keeping transfer prices low for us to move? This is like, the exact opposite of everything you've done all year.......I could get use to this Eric...
ikr? <3
Do not correct a fool or he will hate you; correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you.
I'm posting via Referral Link for now!
Click here to use my Referral Link

PennyAnn's Avatar


PennyAnn
11.22.2017 , 06:32 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by DanNV View Post
Looks like I will be pleasantly surprised next week, then. (assuming disintegration values for gear in RNG boxes is decent.)

It will be interesting to see how the population balances out by the end of the year.
You know it won't be as high as we'd like it. But it's still better than nothing but PvP or NiM and should be considered a supplement, not a primary source.
Do not correct a fool or he will hate you; correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you.
I'm posting via Referral Link for now!
Click here to use my Referral Link

Macetheace's Avatar


Macetheace
11.22.2017 , 06:34 PM | #45
What is all this noise about SS and Starforge? I don't get it. Why would everyone move to SF?

I'm on Starforge but I live in the UK, so my ping is quite high and I've never been able to enjoy compettive gamine (raids/warzones) because of that, and i've built a legacy here since 2012, it would have cost way too much to transfer all my toons, and i've gotten to many rare items and spent too much CC on stuff I would completely lose if i started afresh, it just killed my motivation..

So because i couldn't move regions, even after cross region transfers opened (because it was 1.5k CC per toon) I actually ended up giving up on SWTOR ) - i haven't been subscribed or playing because i could never do anything serious b/c of high pings, so just quit. Now I have been constantly looking, even when not playing for some sort of discount sale on the cross region transfers, but never saw it. So something like this could actually cause me to play SWTOR again and actually renew a subscription more permanently.

SInce the United Forces server realm merge, my ping situation has gotten far worse, I log on, and can barely stand to play and just log off. If they weren't going to offer some sort of free or heavily discounted server cross region transfer this would probably have been my last month ever on SWTOR, subscribed or unsubscribed,

This annoucnement has given me a lot of hope and gotten me excited again, if it does happen next week.
If it feels wrong, it usually is.

Businesses must act with integrity in all things.

PennyAnn's Avatar


PennyAnn
11.22.2017 , 06:44 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
Open server transfers -> Everyone moves to Starforge -> Starforge will become the next SS -> SS will lose population -> Merging of both servers ->???-> What was the point?

Now this may seem like the worst case scenario, but it wouldn't surprise me if it actually happened.
I think it will be interesting to see what all the Star Forge people who have been cheering about not being on the "toxic post-Harbinger" server, who come here asking that all Harb players be squelched or banned (lol wut?) will have to say after those people leave SS and it becomes the quiet little haven they've been clamoring for since server merges were announced.

Honestly, all former RP servers should have just been merged together in the first place, and all others onto the other server and it would have solved at least that problem/complaint. With the move of server farm, it doesn't make sense anymore that they merged all east coast and all west coast, only for them to become all east coast. Would have made more sense to merge by population play style, but it's too late now. Let the self-sorting begin!
Do not correct a fool or he will hate you; correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you.
I'm posting via Referral Link for now!
Click here to use my Referral Link

Macetheace's Avatar


Macetheace
11.22.2017 , 06:49 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by PennyAnn View Post
I think it will be interesting to see what all the Star Forge people who have been cheering about not being on the "toxic post-Harbinger" server, who come here asking that all Harb players be squelched or banned (lol wut?) will have to say after those people leave SS and it becomes the quiet little haven they've been clamoring for since server merges were announced.

Honestly, all former RP servers should have just been merged together in the first place, and all others onto the other server and it would have solved at least that problem/complaint. With the move of server farm, it doesn't make sense anymore that they merged all east coast and all west coast, only for them to become all east coast. Would have made more sense to merge by population play style, but it's too late now. Let the self-sorting begin!
When did RP become a problem? Anyway, isn't that easy to solve? You can tag RP like you tag PVP or PVE and the computer server would just load you into an instance dedicated to RP, like it would do for PvP and pvE - that way RP people don't have to put up with non rps and vice versa, just like pvp people can enjoy pvp instances to themselves, and pvE can too despite all being on the same server.

Transfers should be reserved for people like me, who have to move region because of pings/latency or others who basically after merge had x toons on one server and y toons on another and wanted to bring them all together on one.
If it feels wrong, it usually is.

Businesses must act with integrity in all things.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
11.22.2017 , 06:50 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I guess I do not understand the urgency to get transfers back. Where are you going to move, and why? They just consolidated servers, and they announced in advance which server populations were going to settle where... weeks before they shut down transfers.

Note: my comment is in no way supportive of transfers being off, and I am glad to see them turn them back on... but I really do not understand the urgency being expressed by players.
Because if you want to start on another server and haven’t done all the class stories yet, you do not get any of the class buffs. Which really sucks and makes a big difference in things like pvp.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
11.22.2017 , 06:54 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Alright folks, here are the updates as I mentioned yesterday!
  • Timing: We are in the final stages of testing and assuming that all goes well, we are going to bring transfers back online on Tuesday with Game Update 5.6.
  • Pricing: By popular request, we are going to bring transfers back at the pre-United Forces pricing (90 // 150CC) for a limited time. After that time they will go up to their new standard pricing of 1,000CC.
I will let you all know on Monday if we are still on track for transfers to go live again on Tuesday and the exact timing for the sale pricing.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
When you say “limited time”. Are we talking a week, two weeks, one month, two months?
Can we please get some confirmation on this because some people with lots of characters will need to plan ahead to budget moving 30 characters x 90cc.

Also, what does 90 // 150CC mean? I thought the old price was 90CC. So what’s the 150CC stand for?
Edit: someone explained the 90 // 150 CC thing,

LordTurin's Avatar


LordTurin
11.22.2017 , 06:59 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
When you say “limited time”. Are we talking a week, two weeks, one month, two months?
Can we please get some confirmation on this because some people with lots of characters will need to plan ahead to budget moving 30 characters x 90cc.

Also, what does 90 // 150CC mean? I thought the old price was 90CC. So what’s the 150CC stand for?
150 was for moving internationally, so from Europe to US and vice versa
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB