Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Still no ETA on Server Transfers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Still no ETA on Server Transfers?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Talon_strikes
11.22.2017 , 01:17 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Alright folks, here are the updates as I mentioned yesterday!
  • Timing: We are in the final stages of testing and assuming that all goes well, we are going to bring transfers back online on Tuesday with Game Update 5.6.
  • Pricing: By popular request, we are going to bring transfers back at the pre-United Forces pricing (90 // 150CC) for a limited time. After that time they will go up to their new standard pricing of 1,000CC.
I will let you all know on Monday if we are still on track for transfers to go live again on Tuesday and the exact timing for the sale pricing.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Can you guys lower the cost of character name and legacy name changes then when server transfer costs go back up to 1000cc?
Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

TUXs
11.22.2017 , 01:22 PM | #32
  • Pricing: By popular request, we are going to bring transfers back at the pre-United Forces pricing (90 // 150CC) for a limited time. After that time they will go up to their new standard pricing of 1,000CC.

-eric
OK...what's going on there? First you announce you'll be doubling our existing UC's and now you're keeping transfer prices low for us to move? This is like, the exact opposite of everything you've done all year.......I could get use to this Eric...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

PorsaLindahl
11.22.2017 , 01:27 PM | #33
  • Timing: We are in the final stages of testing and assuming that all goes well, we are going to bring transfers back online on Tuesday with Game Update 5.6.
I will let you all know on Monday if we are still on track for transfers to go live again on Tuesday and the exact timing for the sale pricing.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Notice the carefully hidden disclaimer.

Not that I'm transferring any of my characters. I'm just saying that I wouldn't hold my breath. Someone may just drop a turkey giblet into the code and mess things up.

Jozandra
11.22.2017 , 01:29 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
PSA for those planning on transferring lots of toons due to lag: transfer 1 and test the lag on the new server first. If it's not any better, at least you didn't spend 2k cartel coins transferring 25 toons.
Why transfer 1 to test the lag? Wouldn't it be cheaper to just create a test character?

DanNV
11.22.2017 , 01:32 PM | #35
Looks like I will be pleasantly surprised next week, then. (assuming disintegration values for gear in RNG boxes is decent.)

It will be interesting to see how the population balances out by the end of the year.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS

Zerileth
11.22.2017 , 01:42 PM | #36
[*]Pricing: we are going to bring transfers back at the pre-United Forces pricing (90 // 150CC) for a limited time
*does the ants in the pants dance!
Happy Holidays!

LordTurin
11.22.2017 , 01:45 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Jozandra View Post
Why transfer 1 to test the lag? Wouldn't it be cheaper to just create a test character?
It would, but if the lag is only in certain places (pvp especially) it would be a lot quicker, especially since lowbies don't pop that much (and you'd have to level your toon up to 10, which also takes more time, and lowbies has few effects than 70s). If they went back to 1000, definitely worth it, but at 90, especially since it'll sync legacies up as well, it's probably worth it to move one.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

fushnchips
11.22.2017 , 01:47 PM | #38

Thanks everyone.

-eric
You should bring out a combo deal 1300cc 1x transfer 1x Character rename 1x legacy rename.

Screaming_Ziva
11.22.2017 , 02:36 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I guess I do not understand the urgency to get transfers back. Where are you going to move, and why? They just consolidated servers, and they announced in advance which server populations were going to settle where... weeks before they shut down transfers.
I wasn't paying very close attention to where I had my characters. 39 of them merged into Star Forge and 4 of them merged into Satele Shan. It will be nice to get them all onto a single server.
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for.
Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Screaming Ziva's Stronghold Tour

Eshvara
11.22.2017 , 02:49 PM | #40
Open server transfers -> Everyone moves to Starforge -> Starforge will become the next SS -> SS will lose population -> Merging of both servers ->???-> What was the point?

Now this may seem like the worst case scenario, but it wouldn't surprise me if it actually happened.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫