Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Still no ETA on Server Transfers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Still no ETA on Server Transfers?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

foxxycandy
11.21.2017 , 05:55 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ericmusco View Post
hey folks,

my goal right now is to have a post out tomorrow with information on timing and pricing updates.

-eric
praise eric. Praise. B l e s s

PorsaLindahl
11.21.2017 , 06:16 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

My goal right now is to have a post out tomorrow with information on timing and pricing updates.

-eric
He's going to say they plan on it for mid December, then something's going to go whacko with the update on the 28th and cause them to delay it until mid-late January because they cbb to fix stuff over the holidays. They'll be too into their eggnog.

Floplag
11.21.2017 , 06:17 PM | #13
Hey folks,

My goal right now is to have a post out tomorrow with information on timing and pricing updates.

-eric
Please, dont gouge us on this, at least give us a week at old prices or very low to make a few adjustments.
consider it the anti loot box compensation for other recent mistakes
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

foxxycandy
11.21.2017 , 06:22 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
He's going to say they plan on it for mid December, then something's going to go whacko with the update on the 28th and cause them to delay it until mid-late January because they cbb to fix stuff over the holidays. They'll be too into their eggnog.
OMG no don't!!!

You're gonna jynx it Q_Q

Macetheace
11.21.2017 , 07:26 PM | #15
Hey folks,

-eric
Eric, please say you guys will offer us a one-day set of free transfers for those of us who are stuck on server or region that is seriously affecting our gameplay and have an entire legacy of toons to move.

This is seriously the only thing that has been stopping me from continuously playing and subscribing to swtor - as I can't play competitively with such high pings, and it's too much to transfer my toons effectively meaning I'm stuck - believe it or not, this is why I don't subscribe much to the game and don't play it much - and it's something you guys can easily help us with. You never gave cross region server discount transfers or did a like a one-day special.

With Black Friday coming up, guys please sort something out.
If it feels wrong, it usually is.

Businesses must act with integrity in all things.

xordevoreaux
11.21.2017 , 07:45 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
Great, now I'm triggered. [heads to store for eggnog]
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

ChadCloman
11.22.2017 , 07:39 AM | #17
Hey folks,

-eric
BioWare Dev #1: Well, the planning for the server merge is complete. But I have this nagging feeling that we've forgotten something.

BioWare Dev #2: Yes, me too. Wonder what it could be. Hope it's not something important.

BioWare Dev #1: No worries. If it's important then the players will let us know about it.

BioWare Dev #2: Yeah, that's how we handle everything else since we cut back the QA staff and reduced our testing regimen to only do some of the changes in a patch. Players do indeed make great testers. Look at how they caught the fact that the Makeb weekly doesn't give increased CXP? We never tested it and wouldn't have known unless they told us.

LordTurin
11.22.2017 , 07:42 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ChadCloman View Post
BioWare Dev #1: Well, the planning for the server merge is complete. But I have this nagging feeling that we've forgotten something.

BioWare Dev #2: Yes, me too. Wonder what it could be. Hope it's not something important.

BioWare Dev #1: No worries. If it's important then the players will let us know about it.

BioWare Dev #2: Yeah, that's how we handle everything else since we cut back the QA staff and reduced our testing regimen to only do some of the changes in a patch. Players do indeed make great testersówe should have done this ages ago.
Not having transfer up immediately following a server merge is actually a really good idea. It gives plenty of time to make sure the new servers are running correctly, and makes sire that when transfers are available, that's what they can focus on
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

ChadCloman
11.22.2017 , 07:47 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
Not having transfer up immediately following a server merge is actually a really good idea. It gives plenty of time to make sure the new servers are running correctly, and makes sire that when transfers are available, that's what they can focus on
Sure. And if it was an intentional decision to delay, then they would have said something immediately after the merge, along the lines of "Server transfers will be restored on the following date: MM/DD/YYYY", or even "We are going to wait a bit before re-enabling server transfers, to ensure there are no lingering issues with the merge". Instead, they had to be reminded and the response was along the lines of "Oh, right. Let me get back to you on that."

I believe they simply forgot about it.

PorsaLindahl
11.22.2017 , 08:08 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ChadCloman View Post
Sure. And if it was an intentional decision to delay, then they would have said something immediately after the merge, along the lines of "Server transfers will be restored on the following date: MM/DD/YYYY", or even "We are going to wait a bit before re-enabling server transfers, to ensure there are no lingering issues with the merge". Instead, they had to be reminded and the response was along the lines of "Oh, right. Let me get back to you on that."

I believe they simply forgot about it.
That's laughable. They already know when they plan on reinstating it. They're just not telling Eric ahead of time (or they're telling him not to say at this time). People get impatient and start posting threads, basically pestering the devs. Then Eric will have to go pester the devs for them. And when he does give out the information everyone will be all "Thank you, Eric! You da man!" and he'll be a hero for 15 minutes. Or if it's bad news (that it's going to be delayed for 'tweaks') he'll be the one to catch hell about it.