Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Still no ETA on Server Transfers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Still no ETA on Server Transfers?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

foxxycandy
11.20.2017 , 12:45 PM | #1
It's been a good while now, since the merges, and the servers have all calmed down in population and hype.

Are transfers being held back for a reason? Perhaps the changes to currencies and such with patch 5.6?

A lot of people are getting very antsy about this.

Edit: Eric has announced, in this thread, that the current ETA is for them to be turned back on with update 5.6 onNov 28th.

AlienEyeTX
11.20.2017 , 12:48 PM | #2
eric said he would provide an update when he has one. Obviously, there is nothing to report at this time.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

Zerileth
11.20.2017 , 03:59 PM | #3
Oblviously, several players want transfers back. As some have said, it will probably be 1000cc. I agree since name changes are 1000cc. However, why are they delaying the transfers?

Well, what I wonder is did they shoot themselves in the foot? Did getting rid of the west coast data center cause a little hiccup in transfers returning? So they saved money and lost a few APAC players, yet now they don't want to bring the transfers back because they're afraid many players will jump off SS? It does seem strange. So seriously, 6 months? Ha! Just seems there's one bad decision after another.
Happy Holidays!

Member: 50,000 Club! (soon 49,010 )

Raveon
11.21.2017 , 12:15 PM | #4
I see no reason to bring transfers back at all, with people wanting to jump from one server to another because it's the
"unofficial" PvP or PvE or RP server, etc., it's all nonsense. There are 2 servers left... all we are doing is causing a population imbalance and creating de facto standard servers for certain activities that didn't need to be there in the first place, given there is a healthy population of all activities on both servers as it stands now. If they bring it back I hope they keep some kind of population controls in places.

I am safely in my bunker now since I know this will not be a very popular position to take.

May the force serve you well
Twitter Referral Link

foxxycandy
11.21.2017 , 12:18 PM | #5
What matters is that a large percentage of the community wants them turned on, whether or not others have opinions or not. It's been a while now and we would like an ETA finally. The window for "shortly after merges" has well passed, as it's been what? Two or three weeks since it? The servers are plentiful more calm.

If they need to hold it until 5.6, I understand, due to the many currency changes and whatnot that we are going to see. But then tell us that so we know WHY.

Darkfalconheart
11.21.2017 , 12:32 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Raveon View Post
I see no reason to bring transfers back at all, with people wanting to jump from one server to another because it's the
"unofficial" PvP or PvE or RP server, etc., it's all nonsense. There are 2 servers left... all we are doing is causing a population imbalance and creating de facto standard servers for certain activities that didn't need to be there in the first place, given there is a healthy population of all activities on both servers as it stands now. If they bring it back I hope they keep some kind of population controls in places.

I am safely in my bunker now since I know this will not be a very popular position to take.
Problem is - if I decide to go to another server because a friend as her chars there, I need to restart my legacy and all that came with it. If they made it so, that with making a char there I'd have my entire legacy active (strongholds, perks, unlocks, legacy level, you name it) then I'd happily live without the transfers. So I need to transfer a char, to get my legacy over there.
"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and go. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow. Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."

foxxycandy
11.21.2017 , 02:44 PM | #7
A lot of people are claiming it's with update 5.6. No sources being provided.

Eric, nothing new?..

CaptRogue
11.21.2017 , 02:48 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkfalconheart View Post
Problem is - if I decide to go to another server because a friend as her chars there, I need to restart my legacy and all that came with it. If they made it so, that with making a char there I'd have my entire legacy active (strongholds, perks, unlocks, legacy level, you name it) then I'd happily live without the transfers. So I need to transfer a char, to get my legacy over there.
Did you not have any legacies on other servers but the one you are on now? If you did, then if they merged with said server, you have a legacy over there.
Even if you removed your character from servers before merges, you still had the legacy there. Strange, but I discovered that a LONG time ago. For some reason the legacy stays even if you don't. lol
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

DanNV
11.21.2017 , 04:08 PM | #9
I don't expect you'll see a gold post until next week, probably when they put up the patch notes. I would be surprised if you see character transfers before the first of the year and maybe later.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS

EricMusco
11.21.2017 , 05:32 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

My goal right now is to have a post out tomorrow with information on timing and pricing updates.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]